Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
29-3 would have sufficed.
10 character rule.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Trent has looked like **** this year, Browns sucking or not. I understand he's not in a great situation but he hasn't shown any impressive burst or ability to make things happen at the second level. At least not what I was expecting.

Every touch for him is less than 5 yards. And that was ALSO the case last year.

Say what you will about the bad situation, but even in bad situations, good-to-great backs have good ypc.

It's quite possible the Browns just got a potentially high first round pick for an average RB.

You were making some sense until this part. Do you think that the Colts are going to suck this year or what?

I gotta figure they go a minimum 9 - 7. If that happens their first rounder ain't gonna be a high one at all.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Can the sun come up without it having something to do with the Niners? Let us have some fun with the Brown's ineptness before we get into anything SF related.
Thanks, but no thanks. I believe I'll stick to saying what I want. If you don't like it, well you can always leave.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't. But potentially it could be.

And in the 20s it's still a premium pick (and great trade bait to move up spots to get a QB).
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can the sun come up without it having something to do with the Niners? Let us have some fun with the Brown's ineptness before we get into anything SF related.
Come on, you know Ness better than that by now. Everything is about the 49ers in some way.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey, more power to the Browns. Get some ammo to possibly move up and get Bridgewater or Hundley. Get the QBoTF with the new regime and build from there.

Do what you gotta do Browns.
Yeah, like the Browns actually have enough sack to do that. They had RG3 gift wrapped to them if they had the balls to make the trade but passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. I believe I'll stick to saying what I want. If you don't like it, well you can always leave.
Lighten up Nestlé. I take it you're still sore from Sunday night's game.
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
29-3 would have sufficed.
I'm glad your a Bills fan. It just seems so right.

Quote:
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, as stated a few times in this thread, some team wants a better shot at Bridgewater.

That December 1st game between the Browns and Jaguars might be the game of the week.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
So 2012: 4th overall pick, 4th round, 5th round, and 7th round for 2014: ~26th overall pick. Way to go Cleveland.
Different people. Banner, Scheiner and company might have never had a super-high opinion of Richardson.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Lighten up Nestlé. I take it you're still sore from Sunday night's game.
Ha. Let's not mistake being heated for just being plain honest now. I've already moved on from the Seahawks game.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson is going to look sexy in a Colts uniform.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm glad your a Bills fan. It just seems so right.
Still been calling Seattle the better team since last year.

So...that game felt right. ; )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I go for a nap and this happens ?

What the ******* hell ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Richardson is going to look sexy in a Colts uniform.
I'm thinking Edge-esque sexy.

Ya feel me???

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Trent has looked like **** this year, Browns sucking or not. I understand he's not in a great situation but he hasn't shown any impressive burst or ability to make things happen at the second level. At least not what I was expecting.

Every touch for him is less than 5 yards. And that was ALSO the case last year.

Say what you will about the bad situation, but even in bad situations, good-to-great backs have good ypc.

It's quite possible the Browns just got a potentially high first round pick for an average RB.
Exactly. The only stupid/funny part is that he hasn't actually been good and that they're ditching him after a year. But that was different people and has nothing to do with how good or bad this trade is.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this trade for both teams, in all honesty. Who cares about this season for them? They traded away a good player who hasn't been spectacular. They traded him away for a first round pick (Teddy ammo) and got worse themselves. They have a metric **** ton of picks now and can focus on building the offense in the upcoming draft. If I'm a Browns fan, I'm excited by this in all honesty. They got rid of Trent while his value was still high instead of holding onto him while he gains less value and eventually is worth nothing. It's like what I wanted the Wolves to do with Derrick Williams.

And as a Vikings fan, today I have gotten news that Brian Hoyer is starting and Trent Richardson got traded away from our Week 3 opponent. Also excited by this.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did the Colts just pull off a move similar to Rams/Marshall Faulk??

Or will this bust out.
Faulk was a MUCH better back. This could be a perfectly decent trade for Cleveland, because Richardson looks incredibly unremarkable.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I like this trade for both teams, in all honesty. Who cares about this season for them? They traded away a good player who hasn't been spectacular. They traded him away for a first round pick (Teddy ammo) and got worse themselves. They have a metric **** ton of picks now and can focus on building the offense in the upcoming draft. If I'm a Browns fan, I'm excited by this in all honesty. And as a Vikings fan, today I have gotten news that Brian Hoyer is starting and Trent Richardson got traded away from our Week 3 opponent. Also excited by this.
AWWWW YEEEEEAH!

But a Luck/Rich combo might be potentially devastating, and he might see action as a receiver too, possibly pick up some of the load that Dwayne Allen left.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Faulk was a MUCH better back. This could be a perfectly decent trade for Cleveland, because Richardson looks incredibly unremarkable.
Does he catch the ball like Faulk did.

As for Richardson looking unremarkable i'd suggest trying to run against 8 men in the box on a regular basis.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ****ing heist for the Colts, holy ballz Batman. Luck and that passing offense with Richardson? That's lethal if healthy.

Speaking of the rare trades, the Patriots should trade a late round pick to the Lions for TE Tony Scheffler.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Peyton and Edgerrin all over again.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well didn't see that coming at all, hopefully this works out, although using that pick to draft or trade for a decent offensive lineman would have been the much smarter choice.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I like this trade for both teams, in all honesty. Who cares about this season for them?
Their fans? I'd buy this more if they had someone on their roster they felt good about who could carry the load. Maybe they do and I'm just not seeing it.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does he catch the ball like Faulk did.

As for Richardson looking unremarkable i'd suggest trying to run against 8 men in the box on a regular basis.
AD had more success last year against 8 in the box. It's easier to break long runs (something TRich hasn't done at all in the NFL and might be a hole in his game - assuming he's still viewed as a big-time RB), against 8 in the box.

MJD won the rushing title with no QB.

Good RBs produce (most important stat is YPC, let's remember), regardless of circumstances. Hell, even CJ, who is a very flawed player, had a decent ypc last year with a bad QB.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote