Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part about this as a fan is that we traded a guy who was picked third overall a year ago and supposed to be the face of our franchise away for another first round pick.

On the other hand, 3.5 yards per carry is complete dog **** I don't care what line you run behind. I think he will do better in Indy and wish him nothing but the best, but apparently it wasn't working here. IDK.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pro Personnel Director of the Cleveland Browns 1987-1996: responsible for all college and pro personnel decisions; managed salary cap and player personnel issues; oversaw staff of 13 college and pro scouts; handled all player contracts and advised head coach on all football matters.

In 1987 came onto a Browns team that had gone 12-4 the year before and lost in the AFC Championship game. The next year they went 10-5, then 10-6, 9-6-1, 3-13, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, and 5-11. Except for the 11-5 season, which was an anomaly, the teams he was putting together got worse after he arrived. He inherited a playoff roster when he got there but his Browns were 68-74-1 over his tenure.

In 1998 joined the Raiders as the Senior Personnel Executive; responsible for pro and college player evaluations. In 1998 the team went 8-8, then Rich Gannon happened to them and they went on their run over the next 4 seasons going 8-8 again, then 12-4, 10-6, and the 11-4 season that ended with a Super Bowl blowout. Lombardi stayed there 5 more years and the Raiders went 4-12, 5-11, 4-12, 2-14, 4-12. Overall he went 68-91, and who knows what that number would look like if the til-then remarkably unremarkable Rich Gannon hadn't gone supernova under Jon Gruden.

Why does this guy still keep getting hired to put teams together?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to pin much on Lombardi when you are working under Al Davis (not defending Lombardi by any means)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
There should a meme for this by now.
We can probably do better, but:

WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
The worst part about this as a fan is that we traded a guy who was picked third overall a year ago and supposed to be the face of our franchise away for another first round pick.

On the other hand, 3.5 yards per carry is complete dog **** I don't care what line you run behind. I think he will do better in Indy and wish him nothing but the best, but apparently it wasn't working here. IDK.
Not to rub it in or anything, but LaDainian Tomlinson averaged 3.6 yards per carry his rookie year on his way to putting up 1600 scrimmage yards and 10 TDs for a terrible team. (Oh, and he had 8 fumbles.) Richardson, at 3.5 yards per carry, had 1300 yards from scrimmage, 12 TDs, and only 3 fumbles for a similarly awful team.

Not that it's all about the stats, of course, but while they're out there I might as well say I think Trent Richardson and LT have quite a bit in common as runners and the 3.5 YPC mark might tell you more about a team's ineptitude than the runners, especially for young players, especially for young players who still managed to turn out a high volume of production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Hard to pin much on Lombardi when you are working under Al Davis (not defending Lombardi by any means)
True enough, but personnel people have a lot to do with team success and he hasn't had much throughout his career.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 09-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Colts FO but I thought they overpaid average players in free agency.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say what you will about the passing game taking over, but Peyton's development was hugely aided by the presence of Edgerrin James and the play action he was able to run off of James. Richardson can do a lot of the same for Luck as he to grows into that coordinator on the field that Peyton was for them. That OL still is weak and that d has a lot of work to be done, but they have given luck a lot of different ways to attack teams
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I like the Colts FO but I thought they overpaid average players in free agency.
Gos was a great signing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate the value for either side too much, but the Browns should get killed for drafting a top 3 guy and then giving up on him so quickly. The pick should be a late teen/ early 20s so its not to bad to solidify a terrible stable in Indy ( I like Bradshaw but no way does he last a full season.) Luck is best when he allowed a strong rushing attack to work off of. 50 passes a game is not his best move.

I like that the Colts are being agressive to give Luck some support even if is miss guided some times. The have their QB and they will do what they can to help him win. The OL should be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Trent has looked like **** this year, Browns sucking or not. I understand he's not in a great situation but he hasn't shown any impressive burst or ability to make things happen at the second level. At least not what I was expecting.

Every touch for him is less than 5 yards. And that was ALSO the case last year.

Say what you will about the bad situation, but even in bad situations, good-to-great backs have good ypc.

It's quite possible the Browns just got a potentially high first round pick for an average RB.
Glad I didn't have to be the first to say this. I know it's still early, but he hasn't looked anywhere near as good as most expected. Would I have given up on him so early? Probably not, but this could end up being a great move. Running back is one of, if not, the easiest positions to replace and Richardson's production has been far from great.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

That'll do donkey, that'll do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Not to rub it in or anything, but LaDainian Tomlinson averaged 3.6 yards per carry his rookie year on his way to putting up 1600 scrimmage yards and 10 TDs for a terrible team. (Oh, and he had 8 fumbles.) Richardson, at 3.5 yards per carry, had 1300 yards from scrimmage, 12 TDs, and only 3 fumbles for a similarly awful team.

Not that it's all about the stats, of course, but while they're out there I might as well say I think Trent Richardson and LT have quite a bit in common as runners and the 3.5 YPC mark might tell you more about a team's ineptitude than the runners, especially for young players, especially for young players who still managed to turn out a high volume of production.

True enough, but personnel people have a lot to do with team success and he hasn't had much throughout his career.
I guess I'm saying if Trent had blown up the first year and couple games and then we traded him I would have been extremely pissed. So far he hasn't been very good. A lot of rushing statistics such as yards after contact and such he has been god awful in. He also played all last year hurt.

I'll be rooting for him in Indy regardless.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

For the others:

Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a decent trade on both sides. Richardson went too high in hindsight. RB's should not go in the top 10 any longer unless they're a flawless prospect. So recouping a first rounder for him is good value once you get past the initial fan shock and media perception that you're tanking the season. On the flip side, Richardson is a good fit in Indy's new offense. His threat opens the field up more via play-action. He doesn't have to have a gaudy YPA to affect that particular offense in a positive way.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I think it's a decent trade on both sides. Richardson went too high in hindsight. RB's should not go in the top 10 any longer unless they're a flawless prospect. So recouping a first rounder for him is good value once you get past the initial fan shock and media perception that you're tanking the season. On the flip side, Richardson is a good fit in Indy's new offense. His threat opens the field up more via play-action. He doesn't have to have a gaudy YPA to affect that particular offense in a positive way.
A lot of people thought he could be the next Adrian Peterson. Had they been right, he absolutely would have been worth the pick.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But he's not better than Ahmad Bradshaw, so how does he make Indy's offense more dangerous?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
But he's not better than Ahmad Bradshaw, so how does he make Indy's offense more dangerous?
well, Indy apparently thinks he's so much better/more durable than bradshaw that it's worth a 1st round pick.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
A lot of people thought he could be the next Adrian Peterson. Had they been right, he absolutely would have been worth the pick.
He still could be. If he starts killing it in Indy, Cleveland's going to look pretty bad, especially if they don't turn the draft pick into a major contributor. He's a young player who was playing on a really bad team last year, and there's no reason to think he won't produce a really nice season while playing for a team that actually forces teams to back out of the box and defend the pass. Putting him on the Colts just made them a nasty, nasty offense, in my opinion. Defenses aren't going to know what to do, and they've still got Darrius Heyward-Bey to come back from the sideline as their number three, which is perfect for him and with T.Y. Hilton as well, defensive backs are going to be sitting back to avoid getting burned on deep routes, then there's Reggie Wayne, obviously, and then they have two more excellent receiving options at tight end, and Dwayne Allen's a terrific blocker to boot. They're not going to ride Richardson, because they don't have to, but his YPC is going to explode.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But he's not better than Ahmad Bradshaw, so
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to the Vikings home opener this Sunday. Uhhhh, who the **** am I gonna see? Blaine Hoyer FTW!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
and then they have two more excellent receiving options at tight end, and Dwayne Allen's a terrific blocker to boot.
Not this year. Allen's done for the year.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trent is at least equal and still could get better. I can't trust in Bradshaw's health in a serious role. Richardson will be a long term player while Bradshaw is a 1 year rental at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was pretty clear from the draft that the Brown's were going to try hard to tank this season. They traded their fourth and fifth round picks for fourth and third round picks and outside of Barkevious Mingo their draft class was very average. It's clear they didn't like that draft and I guess Lombardi loves this draft and wants to get as many draft picks as possible to build the team he wants. I guess he just wasn't that impressed with Trent Richardson and didn't see him or want him as having a significant part of the organization.

If they can get a young talented QB and use the other draft picks to surround him with talented players I wouldn't be surprised if they were a winning team in 2014. I don't hate or love this deal but I can see why Cleveland did it. They weren't that invested and didn't believe in Trent Richardson enough and said we're not going to win with this nucleus, let's blow it up.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His point is that this move doesn't make the 2013 Colts some juggernaut as some are implying. I'd agree.

But clearly the move isn't a huge indictment on Bradshaw's effectiveness. The Colts know he's a fine player. He's just not someone you can count on because of durability issues. And obviously he's not your future workhorse.

Remember, this isn't a deal for 2013. They basically just used their 2014 first on a 22-year old back.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps the Colts just wanted to invest a first rounder on a guy that could pick up the blitz...
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote