Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put all Browns fans on suicide watch...

And put us Vikings fans on suicide watch if we lose to the Browns this weekend...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson is incredibly overrated. I saw him getting talked about HIGH in fantasy, and I was like "WHY?"
Is he a decent back? Yeah.
I guess I sort of view it as Knowshon Moreno
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
What's so big about this is that we don't often see teams deal a top 3 pick so SOON, but I do get it from Cleveland's end

they gotta get their QB situation solved first and foremost. Richardson wasn't gonna be able to maximize his ability on that team and they'd just be wasting his prime years on 5-6 win teams. They were gonna be bad with or without him. In Indy, they got their QB in place so now they can fill the spots around him with good talent and let them go to work.

the thing that doesn't make sense though is that we are hearing that he wasn't a good fit for Chud's system and that the FO isn't that high on him. Ok, that's fine, but why didn't they deal him in the offseason then? Why even go into the season with him if they didn't like him to begin with. That's what I don't get. Could have made his name available in the offseason, get a market going for him and what not. They just sort of did this deal out of the blue. If you are going to deal your most marketable player, you gotta sell that **** to the rest of the league, not just do it quietly. I'm not sure if they could have gotten more back, but you never know...
I think they did it because this years QB class was the worst it has ever been in the history of the NFL draft. 2014 has some talent if everyone comes out. A middle/low Indy pick may help them move up to get Teddy if they don't end up getting that pick themselves. Maybe they could trade everyone else and try to a make a move for the #2 pick and end up with Teddy and Clowney. haha
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I think they did it because this years QB class was the worst it has ever been in the history of the NFL draft. 2014 has some talent if everyone comes out. A middle/low Indy pick may help them move up to get Teddy if they don't end up getting that pick themselves. Maybe they could trade everyone else and try to a make a move for the #2 pick and end up with Teddy and Clowney. haha
I don't see any team losing more than the Jaguars this year, so yeah. The Browns will not be picking #1.

Although some teams are acting like "Who wants to suck more?" this year so far...
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Not this year. Allen's done for the year.
What? Did that just happen? I missed that. Bummer for him and the Colts.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Richardson is incredibly overrated. I saw him getting talked about HIGH in fantasy, and I was like "WHY?"
Is he a decent back? Yeah.
I guess I sort of view it as Knowshon Moreno
We judge players on fantasy football numbers now?

Old 09-18-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a smart trade for Cleveland. Richardson hasn't been very impressive and the Browns are in a better position to evaluate him than anyone. And looking at Indy's schedule, this could be a decent pick. The pick they spent last year is a sunk cost, you can't factor that in when making a decision now, just whether or not Richardson is worth a mid first round pick.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me among those that doesn't think this is bad value for the Browns. T-Rich hasn't looked like anything special and they got a 1st rounder for him. Obviously it's a big surprise because of the timing; going into week 3 in only his second year after being a top pick and then, bam, traded. Of course, the chance exists that a change of scenery will help him fulfill the potential that he had, but if he continues to look as unimpressive as he has so far, then I'd say the Browns came out ahead in this deal by quite a bit. Giving up a 1st for a RB averaging >4.0 per carry...yikes.

Last edited by Stash : 09-18-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have mixed emotions about this because I don't care who we have in our backfield, our strength will be throwing the football. We keep lining up in this eye **** and it isn't using our strengths. FB is a wasted position on the field for us. With Dwayne Allen gone we are at an even greater running disadvantage. Our OL isn't capable of producing for a star. An average back would have been adequate. What we really need is an OG to replace McGlynn. Luck is getting killed and we trade our first round pick which should have gone towards a promising OT/OG for yet another RB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still in shock over this. Seems like if you wanted another QB Richardson would be the guy to keep around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries are a concern, but I still think of college Trent Richardson. The guy was a very special player, and I thought he was very deserving of the third overall pick. Injuries and a dysfunctional offense slowed him down last year, but he still had a damn good year, totaling over 1300 yards from scrimmage and 12 TDs. Hes a 3-down back who runs with power and also has big-play ability, and he can also block and catch the ball out of the backfield. I dont know why the Browns didnt use him more, but I think the change of scenery will help him. He will still be running behind a dogshit offensive line (indys is actually worse than clevelands by far), but teams wont be stacking the box, and I think the Colts might actually attempt to establish their run game. And I just dont agree with the idea that establishing the run is a thing of the past in todays NFL.

As for the Browns, its just interesting to see them essentially throwing in the towel on this season so quickly. Clearly, they didnt feel Richardson was a piece of the puzzle for their future, which is obviously a red flag, but their team just got worse. If this is about jockeying for a top QB, I guess it means they are already giving up on Weeden. Two ugly losses and an injured QB and a Browns team that I thought could really make some noise this year is already looking to next year. Its odd to me that they traded away Richardson like that without ever really seeing what he can do. In each of the past 2 weeks, theyve been locked up in low-scoring contests that were relatively close. In those 2 games, Richardson had 31 carries. Brandon Weeden threw the ball 86 times in those 2 games and posted a QB rating of 62 with 3 INTs and 1 TD. Why didnt they try actually establishing the run and getting their best playmaker involved???
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I have mixed emotions about this because I don't care who we have in our backfield, our strength will be throwing the football. We keep lining up in this eye **** and it isn't using our strengths. FB is a wasted position on the field for us. With Dwayne Allen gone we are at an even greater running disadvantage. Our OL isn't capable of producing for a star. An average back would have been adequate. What we really need is an OG to replace McGlynn. Luck is getting killed and we trade our first round pick which should have gone towards a promising OT/OG for yet another RB.
You have an above average back in Bradshaw, and he looked damn good last week.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. This is hard to stomach because Trent is a great guy and young and talented but Monomach/GP are spot on. Bradshaw is a superior back. And imo, if McGahee is signed by the Browns, it's a wash for the short term.

The line has struggled to start this season but TR has never shown a terrific speed cut or break away ability. Factor in the injury concerns and it makes more sense. Since watching him as a rookie I felt the team was going to need to compliment him with a speed back. That's not good for a guy taken so high. Bust is way to drastic but he has been a disappointment thus far. I felt there were other rookie backs that looked better. Pierce, Martin, Morris among them.

But I certainly don't see it as a bad move by the Colts. The biggest benefit is that now Trent has a respected and talented vet to learn from. He is strong in the passing game as well with great hands although this coaching staff had some issues with his protection ability. It is a little reminiscent of the Colts' Faulk trade. He'll be a star in Indy provided he stays healthy while the Browns could potentially turn these picks into some key long term players on offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But after 1 year though? I don't care how bad people say he is it was just one year on a really bad team. I mean teams could just stack their front 7 every play, who was going to respect Weeden?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshall Faulk only averaged 3.8 yards per carry over five years with the Colts.

He sucked, I don't know why the Rams wanted to trade for him. Why wouldn't they have just drafted an offensive lineman? They probably would've won, like, 6 Super Bowls.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Richardson is extremely overrated. He definitely wasn't worth the 3rd pick in the draft, and I guess if Cleveland thought that he wouldn't pan out, then getting a first rounder isn't the worst thing in the world.

That being said, it just makes the Colts offense so much better.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Trent Richardson is extremely overrated. He definitely wasn't worth the 3rd pick in the draft, and I guess if Cleveland thought that he wouldn't pan out, then getting a first rounder isn't the worst thing in the world.

That being said, it just makes the Colts offense so much better.
Played through injuries his rookie year on a horrible team.
Still on a horrible team to start 2013.

I will give him a chance on a team with a QB like Luck before I say he is overrated.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Played through injuries his rookie year on a horrible team.
Still on a horrible team to start 2013.

I will give him a chance on a team with a QB like Luck before I say he is overrated.
Seriously. And I even thought Richardson was overrated as a prospect. Overdrafted, even, but Ahmad Bradshaw's not the most reliable guy, and if they Colts have a good season, Richardson's well-worth what'll likely end up being a draft pick in the 20s.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
where have you been? that's literally all people judge players on anymore. quick, quote some box scores to fit in.
If you take Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick's stats so far and extrapolate them over a full 16-game season, they look like this:

Alex Smith: 336 of 560 (60%) for 3168 yards, 32 TDs and 0 INTs (94.7 rating)
- 96 attempts, 656 yards rushing

Colin Kaepernick: 320 of 536 (59.7%) for 4312 yards, 24 TDs and 24 INTs (81.6 rating)
- 128 attempts, 872 yards rushing

Who would you rather have? Kaepernick is more explosive but Alex Smith is more efficient.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Marshall Faulk only averaged 3.8 yards per carry over five years with the Colts.

He sucked, I don't know why the Rams wanted to trade for him. Why wouldn't they have just drafted an offensive lineman? They probably would've won, like, 6 Super Bowls.
Players averaged far less ypc back then. Plus, he only accounted for 2200 yards of offense the season before they traded for him. Oh, and he averaged 9.4 yards a reception.

Richardson is a good back, but he's not Marshall Faulk. You can build a team with backs that are not first round picks. In fact, most would say it's almost easier to do so. The Browns realize they have to get the right QB, and if you do that, the RB doesn't matter as much and you can get them after getting the QB.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Players averaged far less ypc back then. Plus, he only accounted for 2200 yards of offense the season before they traded for him. Oh, and he averaged 9.4 yards a reception.

Richardson is a good back, but he's not Marshall Faulk. You can build a team with backs that are not first round picks. In fact, most would say it's almost easier to do so. The Browns realize they have to get the right QB, and if you do that, the RB doesn't matter as much and you can get them after getting the QB.
Marshall Faulk was a first round pick who only became Marshall Faulk, Hall of Famer, after being traded away from the team that drafted him. That's the point. The difference was immediate and lasting and was the result of being placed in a different scheme with a different supporting cast, and who knows - maybe it motivated him. All this is possible for Trent Richardson, who, I'll say again, has some fairly striking early-career similarities to LaDainian Tomlinson.

Also, I get tired of people talking about how "you can always get a back in the middle rounds." No, you can't. Good teams are supposed to be able to find good players in all the rounds, and the reason Richardson went high is because he's a fairly rare physical specimen. I also believe if there's a player you can make a move for that significantly improves your team, you do it. I think that's what Indy did.

Also... Is this the most blatantly a team has ever flushed a season down the toilet? Did ownership tell them, "I want Bridgewater. Do what you have to." ?
Old 09-19-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
but what if you just looked at kaepernick's stats from two years ago and compared them to kaepernick's stats from 2017?
I think the thing that skews it is that Kaepernick didn't play wide receiver in college, like Ryan Tannehill, who had 55 receptions for 844 yards and 5 TDs, setting a bunch of freshman records at Texas A&M. Tannehill is a good quarterback, and I think Kaepernick would have been a good college wide receiver, too, but we'll never know and that makes it harder to judge his overall potential in the League.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good trade for both teams. Indianapolis is able to address an area of relative weakness on the team with a young back on a very reasonably contract and significant potential, while Cleveland gets to liquidate one of their main assets for a premium pick. It's possible that being healthy and moving into a more diverse offense will lead to a spike in his production, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Richardson was destined to become the same player with the Browns, or that new management should be bound to picks made by the previous regime or basically an offensive philosophy created by the previous regime. When you've got an offensive line featuring three studs in Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz, and another solid player in John Greco, you expect more than 3.5 yards per carry from a top-five draft pick as well. Richardson could become one of the best running backs in the league, but not much which has occurred thus far suggests he will, so it's understandable to want to pick up a first-round pick for someone who's been a relatively inefficient player and who plays a position which is saturated with talent around the league. It does seem like they may be giving up a little too soon, though.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This is a good trade for both teams. Indianapolis is able to address an area of relative weakness on the team with a young back on a very reasonably contract and significant potential, while Cleveland gets to liquidate one of their main assets for a premium pick. It's possible that being healthy and moving into a more diverse offense will lead to a spike in his production, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Richardson was destined to become the same player with the Browns, or that new management should be bound to picks made by the previous regime or basically an offensive philosophy created by the previous regime. When you've got an offensive line featuring three studs in Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz, and another solid player in John Greco, you expect more than 3.5 yards per carry from a top-five draft pick as well. Richardson could become one of the best running backs in the league, but not much which has occurred thus far suggests he will, so it's understandable to want to pick up a first-round pick for someone who's been a relatively inefficient player and who plays a position which is saturated with talent around the league. It does seem like they may be giving up a little too soon, though.
Is there a way to see how many times he has faced 8 in the box?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson had Weeden as his QB, no true #1 WR, and worst Guard combo in the NFL. Who is not going to stack the box against the Browns? Plus the Browns did not even try to run the ball with him for some reason they have thrown the ball with Weeden 82 times.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote