Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

random schedule quirk: we only play two games at 1 EST/10 PST- week 8 vs jaguars (london), week 15 vs bucs. other than that, all our other 14 games are 4 EST, SNF, MNF, TNF. So every week except for 2, we're not going to see our game on the early schedule. Which is a little annoying, because i feel like i can't fully enjoy all the football games until i see the 49ers outcome.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...stioned-leader

I'm glad the season is starting cause the hype highlights and fluff pieces are starting to piss me off. Other team's players and fans have to be PO'd at the higher another level I am hearing about Romo and the Cowboys or RGIII and the Redskins ect.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, we don't trust colt mccoy at all...

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/stat...99019539193856

Message to Colt McCoy: Don't get too comfortable. ... @mortreport Before Brady Quinn re-signed w Jets, 49ers made pass.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have McCoy than Quinn. Damn, why couldn't we make it work with Seneca Wallace?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn just would've been a Seahawks prep dig, anyways. Baalke kicks the tires on damn-near everyone. He's thorough.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The same Seneca Wallace who couldn't beat out McCoy when they were both in Cleveland? Wallace sucks. He would have brought some experience to the back-up slot but that's it. BJ Daniels is younger version of Wallace, but with better arm talent. Just lacks the experience. I'll worry about the back-up QB when I have no choice but to. No one's back-up QB situation is ideal. Its is what it is.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
The same Seneca Wallace who couldn't beat out McCoy when they were both in Cleveland? Wallace sucks. He would have brought some experience to the back-up slot but that's it. BJ Daniels is younger version of Wallace, but with better arm talent. Just lacks the experience. I'll worry about the back-up QB when I have no choice but to. No one's back-up QB situation is ideal. Its is what it is.
McCoy has never looked good, like ever. And Cleveland was obligated to play Colt McCoy. Wallace at least has looked decent as a backup at various points in his career. McCoy has never looked good ever. Not even decent. I'll take my chances with Wallace over McCoy. I don't care what you say.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-10-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
McCoy has never looked good, like ever. And Cleveland was obligated to play Colt McCoy. Wallace at least has looked decent as a backup at various points in his career. McCoy has never looked good ever. Not even decent. I'll take my chances with Wallace over McCoy. I don't care what you say.
McCoy looked really good the few drives he had with the ones this preseason.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
McCoy looked really good the few drives he had with the ones this preseason.
I don't like McCoy....like AT ALL. But I defintely think he's a better option than Seneca Wallace. Regardless how he looked in preseason.

In other news, Dobbs activated, Tukafau injured/waived
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Wow Tukafau is gone.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wow Tukafau is gone.
Writing was on the wall when Jerod-Eddie dressed while Tukuafu didn't.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Writing was on the wall when Jerod-Eddie dressed while Tukuafu didn't.
Basically. He's about to turn 30 in a few months. Young guns like Purcell, TJE, and Dial basically pushed him off the roster. His versality was nice though. Ventrone must be one hell of a STs dynamo to secure a spot on the 53 still because he offers virtually NOTHING as a safety. Wouldn't be surprised if Tukuafu didn't clear waivers and someone picked him up. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the 'Hawks who claimed him. They're banged up on the D-Line and he could probably offer up some intel.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

tuku was waived/injured and i doubt anyone picks him up just to stash him on IR all year. he'll clear waivers, revert back to IR, then we'll either keep him there and let him compete again next TC, or give him an injury settlement and let him go.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tukuafu is an RFA in 2014 and with who we currently have, getting back Carradine and Dial plus the draft next year, I can definitely see us not tendering him or reaching an injury settlement.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ers re-sign kassim osgood

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...45809254928384

seems obvious we wanted him on the team but didn't want to guarantee his salary. wonder what roster move we made to clear a spot
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
49ers re-sign kassim osgood

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...45809254928384

seems obvious we wanted him on the team but didn't want to guarantee his salary. wonder what roster move we made to clear a spot
I heard it will probably be Moody. Heard he injured his hand against the Packers and might injured/waived and be designated to IR if he clears waivers.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moody was placed on short term IR meaning he can come back after week 10 if possible, if not, he'll then be placed on standard IR.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurry Dan, tell us how you were right about Kassim Osgood.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Hurry Dan, tell us how you were right about Kassim Osgood.
I was right!!! I was right!!! I was right!!! LMFAO!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way I uploaded this to my channel. 2012 49ers NFL Yearbook. Private link. Enjoy.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I really don't understand JH fascination with Marecic. He's defintely not a better FB than Miller. And if he's here for STs, than we need to cut either Ventrone or Osgood. Not seeing how this move helps us.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I brought this up in another forum but I thought I'd mention it here as well.

I think one of the big issues with the offense once CK became the starter is that our offense is this hybrid of some WCO passing princples, power-run, Pistol/Spread and read-option. We're trying to do too much. Find a offensive identity. If you wanna build the offense around CK, then do that and stick to it...OWN IT! If you want the offense centered around the running game, then do that and stick to it...OWN IT! This offense has no identity right now. It varies, week to week, depending on the opponent. That sounds good in theory but you have to have a core offensive base that you build everything around so when things get dicey, you have plays/concepts that are ingrained in your players and that you can run ANYTIME, ANYWHERE and be able to be productive. Since CK took over, I couldn't tell you what offense we are now. Are we a WCO? A pistol offense? A spread offense? A power-run team? That to me is a HUGE problem and one that needs to be addressed.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I think that the offense should be centered around Kaepernick but not with the read option or spread offense. Under center, WCO, play action, power run and some shotgun formations here and there. Should be more traditional as he has the arm strength and accuracy to be a pure pocket passer while still having the ability to roll out and run if needed.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I brought this up in another forum but I thought I'd mention it here as well.

I think one of the big issues with the offense once CK became the starter is that our offense is this hybrid of some WCO passing princples, power-run, Pistol/Spread and read-option. We're trying to do too much. Find a offensive identity. If you wanna build the offense around CK, then do that and stick to it...OWN IT! If you want the offense centered around the running game, then do that and stick to it...OWN IT! This offense has no identity right now. It varies, week to week, depending on the opponent. That sounds good in theory but you have to have a core offensive base that you build everything around so when things get dicey, you have plays/concepts that are ingrained in your players and that you can run ANYTIME, ANYWHERE and be able to be productive. Since CK took over, I couldn't tell you what offense we are now. Are we a WCO? A pistol offense? A spread offense? A power-run team? That to me is a HUGE problem and one that needs to be addressed.
Perhaps they tried to OWN the pistol offense and that is why they got obliterated in Seattle. They tried to play the Packers the same way they played the Seahawks. A lot of this is on the players themselves though. Roman didn't call the best gameplan, but the players simply haven't been executing too. Especially our offensive line.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Kap IS the king of versatility, so a versatile Offense IS building an Offense around him. I just think our coaches tend to overthink things at times, and you can sense it, especially in the redzone/clutch situations.