Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
On the positive side, it was probably Hack's best game so far.
Yea it was. It was the first one I made it to this year and I was really impressed with him live. He looks like he's going to be REALLY good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yea it was. It was the first one I made it to this year and I was really impressed with him live. He looks like he's going to be REALLY good.
Yes Hack is going to be a good one. Can't wait to seem go up against OSU over the course of his career.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Sends them from the training table you mean? Gotta be on the field to produce, and so far Rudock > Braxton. BOOM...ROASTED!
Well you said in the Big Ten....and last I checked Miller is still in the Big Ten. :P
And the one game he missed, his replacement - (dual threat QB) Kenny Guiton - earned Walter Camp Player of the Week honors.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Well you said in the Big Ten....and last I checked Miller is still in the Big Ten. :P
And the one game he missed, his replacement - (dual threat QB) Kenny Guiton - earned Walter Camp Player of the Week honors.
No but for real, I'm pleasantly surprised with Rudock. I don't think he'll ever light the world on fire, but he's got a little bit of the Americanzi in him but with better mechanics and decision making at a younger age.

I do love his scrambling ability, though.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else see the Bo Pelini audio that Deadspin released? I don't think it's that big of a deal. Most coaches have said something like that at some point during the coaching careers I would bet.

But I do think Pelini is inching closer towards getting canned, it's kind of sad when you can only win with Bill Callahan's recruits. And his defenses, which he's supposed to be amazing at coaching, suck. He said he's going to try and put less pressure on the players and try and take it down a notch, but it seems too little too late in my opinion.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can any Penn State fans tell me how Urschel has been this year?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Can any Penn State fans tell me how Urschel has been this year?
I'll admit, I'm not too good at keying in/scouting interior linemen but he's been pretty good and has probably been best OL on the team. A lot of Zwinak and Lynch's big carries run right over the holes he clears. Kid is a genius off-the-field too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Anybody else see the Bo Pelini audio that Deadspin released? I don't think it's that big of a deal. Most coaches have said something like that at some point during the coaching careers I would bet.

But I do think Pelini is inching closer towards getting canned, it's kind of sad when you can only win with Bill Callahan's recruits. And his defenses, which he's supposed to be amazing at coaching, suck. He said he's going to try and put less pressure on the players and try and take it down a notch, but it seems too little too late in my opinion.
I didn't see it. What did he say?
Old 09-17-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I didn't see it. What did he say?
"**** you fans **** all of you"

It looks worse than it sounds, like I said I bet a bunch of coaches have said things like this before, they just weren't recorded. But it gets released at a time when people are calling for him to go and arguably the greatest Husker of all time is saying things need to change as well.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'll admit, I'm not too good at keying in/scouting interior linemen but he's been pretty good and has probably been best OL on the team. A lot of Zwinak and Lynch's big carries run right over the holes he clears. Kid is a genius off-the-field too.
Yeah, I remember him playing in HS and then there is the math genius thing, one of my favorite guys in CFB right now. Try to keep track, only saw a bit of the EMU game this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yeah, I remember him playing in HS and then there is the math genius thing, one of my favorite guys in CFB right now. Try to keep track, only saw a bit of the EMU game this year.
I'll be at the Kent State game this weekend, I'll try to keep my eye on him for ya

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, through 3 games Iowa has run 249 offensive plays which is most in the Big Ten and 2nd most in all of FBS.

Iowa has run 80+ plays on offense for the first time in Kirk Ferentz's career.

Also, we are going to run Mark Weisman into the ground this year.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interception of the Year?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

If someone can find a gif or video of it, I think there was a similar MSU pick in either week 1 or 2.

The only thing that would have made it better is if Lowery had actually timed his jump and grabbed it before he was on his way back down.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B1G: All We Do Is INT
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Oh you lolphers...

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci...dium=twi tter

Quote:
The University of Minnesota senior defensive lineman won't look past Saturday's final nonconference game against San Jose State, but the Gophers' homecoming the next week already is on his mind.

"Right now we have to get past San Jose State, but I'm not going to lie to you, I think of Iowa all the time, just the fact that they have something that we want," the 6-foot-6, 311-pound Hageman said this week.
Probability we hear a "Who Hates Iowa" chant at some point Saturday? I'd say about 98.4%, even if it's a close game.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#freethepig

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Silly Gopher fan, not even familiar enough with Floyd to call him by his first name...
Old 09-25-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Delayed reaction but, yay scholarships back!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for that Minnesota-Iowa game to start. I bet they come out fired up and ready to go! No way we get pushed around like a bunch of pansy bitches this year!

Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Can't wait for that Minnesota-Iowa game to start. I bet they come out fired up and ready to go! No way we get pushed around like a bunch of pansy bitches this year!

We suck and will forever suck.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Eh....all it takes is the right coach. If you can win at Wisconsin and Iowa, you can win at Minnesota.

I don't believe Kill is that guy, however, and I never really did.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Woooooo win total from 2012 already matched!!

I didn't get to watch the 1st or 4th quarters, but our defense was awesome. It's nice that Floyd gets to stay home for another year.

Now just need 2 wins to be bowl elligible. Best chances are going to be this week vs. MSU and whenever we play Purdon't. I don't see us beating OSU, Wisconsin, or jNW. Who knows what Michigan and Nebraska will look like a month from now, but probably not them either.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So no idea if this is true, but it was apparently tweeted last week:

Quote:
FBS plyrs w/4+ pass TD & 4+ rush TD thru first 4 career games since 2008: RG3 (2008), Johnny Football (2012) & Jake Rudock (2013).
He now has 6 pass TDs and 5 rush TDs through his first 5 games. Heisman locked up?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Fantasysports247
Rookie

Fantasysports247 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone out there think Penn State will be better then 8-4?
Fantasysports247 is offline   Reply With Quote