Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-19-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
Pick 2:

Hakeem Nicks @ Carolina
Lamar Miler vs. Atlanta
Knowshon Moreno vs. Oakland
Nicks and Moreno for me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Why not try to make a trade directly for a WR? Also if your ultimate goal is Richardson & V-Jax for a tier 2 WR (Calvin gets his own tier), unless you have a ton of RB depth I'm not sure that's enough of a upgrade to deal Richardson. If it's Decker or Boldin that's a different story.

Since I haven't gotten an answer to this one yet - Gore & Shorts for Ridley in a .5 PPR, I'd be getting Ridley and Shorts is my WR6. Yay, nay, or wait a week since Gore's matchup > Ridley's?
It's a decent deal. I don't love it or hate it either way so go with your gut. I think it's three guys that are all below value right now, though. Giving up two guys at low value isn't exactly the way we want to trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I was just offered Gio Bernard for Maurice Jones-Drew.

I'm pretty frustrated with MJD. The Jags suck and MJD is always banged up. Gio on the other hand isn't a starter but should be seeing more snaps as he's clearly more talented than BJGE. It would be tough to trade a 3rd rounder for an 8th rounder so early on but I'm tempted. Thoughts?
Man that's a rough one, but you can't get stuck on "draft value" when considering it. The value that matters is the points you'll get. Ultimately, Gio is tough b/c he has to get his TDs on less touches and from distance b/c BJGE will remain the GL back (rightly so b/c he's a beast in that role). I think Gio will be more reliable but for less points each week. He'll have ~40-65 yards with a lower change of TDs, where MJD will be a touch hog but could put up a 2 point game just as often as a 15 point game (with a leaning toward more lousy, 2 point games than anything more). MJD could get 25 touches . . . if the offense can move the ball well enough to have that many touches for him. He could, by nature of how awful the Jags are, get "all" the touches in that backfield and still only have 15 touches. At even touches, I'd take Gio in a very good offense.

I talked myself into it while typing. MJDs value could be even worse after they get pounded by Seahawks. Take Gio.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Why not try to make a trade directly for a WR? Also if your ultimate goal is Richardson & V-Jax for a tier 2 WR (Calvin gets his own tier), unless you have a ton of RB depth I'm not sure that's enough of a upgrade to deal Richardson. If it's Decker or Boldin that's a different story.

I'm trying to trade Daryl Richardson and one of my #3 WRs (Decker, Boldin) for either Trent Richardson or Ray Rice so I can turn that into a WR. Nobody is going to want to trade a backup RB and a #3WR for a WR1 or high WR2. I've tried.

However, I have a guy wanting badly to trade Rice or Rich for a WR because he has Roddy White (injured), Bowe (inconsistent thus far), Miles Austin (see Bowe), so he's currently starting Bowe, and two guys he signed off WW in Edelman and Royal.

I just think if I can get Rice or Rich at a good value, I can get a WR1/WR2 whereas with Daryl Richardson and Decker/Boldin I wasn't even getting a WR2.

Guess we'll see how if it works out.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After some offers and counter offers, we've agreed to the following trade:

I receive:
RB Ray Rice
WR Julian Edelman
WR Miles Austin

He receives:
RB Daryl Richardson
WR Eric Decker
WR Anquan Boldin (funny thing is, if anyone remembers my trade of Jared Cook for Boldin a week ago this is the same team, I'm sending him back)

This give me:
QB: Stafford
RB: CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ben Tate
WR: Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Julian Edelman, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Chris Givens
TE: Jason Witten
K: Dan Bailey
D: Vikings
Old 09-19-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm trying to trade Daryl Richardson and one of my #3 WRs (Decker, Boldin) for either Trent Richardson or Ray Rice so I can turn that into a WR. Nobody is going to want to trade a backup RB and a #3WR for a WR1 or high WR2. I've tried.

However, I have a guy wanting badly to trade Rice or Rich for a WR because he has Roddy White (injured), Bowe (inconsistent thus far), Miles Austin (see Bowe), so he's currently starting Bowe, and two guys he signed off WW in Edelman and Royal.

I just think if I can get Rice or Rich at a good value, I can get a WR1/WR2 whereas with Daryl Richardson and Decker/Boldin I wasn't even getting a WR2.

Guess we'll see how if it works out.
If you've tried to get a WR directly then go the other route. I think Rice is the better RB but Richardson has the better "buzz" right now and likely has the better flip value.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
After some offers and counter offers, we've agreed to the following trade:

I receive:
RB Ray Rice
WR Julian Edelman
WR Miles Austin

He receives:
RB Daryl Richardson
WR Eric Decker
WR Anquan Boldin (funny thing is, if anyone remembers my trade of Jared Cook for Boldin a week ago this is the same team, I'm sending him back)

This give me:
QB: Stafford
RB: CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ben Tate
WR: Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Julian Edelman, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Chris Givens
TE: Jason Witten
K: Dan Bailey
D: Vikings
Or get Rice . . . lol.

Do you start 3 WR and a flex? I'm not sure why you feel you need a third stud at WR. I'd sit on this team and let CJ?K blow up against SD then try to move him.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
If you've tried to get a WR directly then go the other route. I think Rice is the better RB but Richardson has the better "buzz" right now and likely has the better flip value.
He decided against trading Rich, so I got Rice. Supposed to go through Saturday morning pending league approval.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

That's just awful. Some of you guys really need to open discussions in your leagues about how transactions should be handled. Commissioners have zero reason to be so hands on with this stuff.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Or get Rice . . . lol.

Do you start 3 WR and a flex? I'm not sure why you feel you need a third stud at WR. I'd sit on this team and let CJ?K blow up against SD then try to move him.
Unfortunately we start a mandatory 3WR, 2RB and no flex.

I think I lost the "name game" as far as the receivers go, but I think Edelman will produce the same as Boldin and Decker, and Rice should be a massive upgrade over Daryl Richardson. Hopefully it won't get down to where Austin ever has to play with me.

Ultimately, it all reflects on how quickly and effectively I can trade Rice. I was trying to trade Daryl Richardson and Boldin for guys like Colston, DeSean, Welker, Wallace.

Now I feel with the right team, and right supporting players If I need them, I may have a shot at any WR not named Calvin Johnson.

Despite being a 10 team league and only starting 2 RBs, some teams are pretty bad at their RB2 spot. Of course, this is all assuming that the person getting Rice is still high on him
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's just awful. Some of you guys really need to open discussions in your leagues about how transactions should be handled. Commissioners have zero reason to be so hands on with this stuff.
When I say league, I meant the other team owners not vetoing via vote. I don't do commish rules.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got offered DT88/Eifert for J. Bell/Bowe I mean I hit accept but I feel dirty lol
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Just got offered DT88/Eifert for J. Bell/Bowe I mean I hit accept but I feel dirty lol
Wow. (10 char)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. (10 char)
Aaaaaaand the league vetoed it actually citing collusion.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers?!
Edelman, TY Hilton or Brian Hartline???!
Vernon Davis or Jared Cook??!
Vikings Defense or Bears Defense??!
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers?!
Edelman, TY Hilton or Brian Hartline???!
Vernon Davis or Jared Cook??!
Vikings Defense or Bears Defense??!
Brady
Hilton
Cook
Bears don't sit unless on a bye
Old 09-19-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the Vikings are facing Brian Hoyer, Greg Little, and Chris Obannayoomgnahafialofihala. Must start.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Reggie Bush is a no go this sunday who should i start at flex?

Tavon Austin
James Jones
mendenhall

nonppr

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones is never the answer, unless you're the type of person who likes to play craps.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a a huge supporter of never sitting your studs, but no defense is quite good enough to be in that group. Hopefully you have a defense that you're starting every week so you can only carry one, but no defense is a must start every week if there's a better matchup available. That said, Pittsburgh's offense is also laughably bad this season, so I'd probably still start the Bears.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
James Jones is never the answer, unless you're the type of person who likes to play craps.
I'd take him no question over Mendenhall, and I don't really trust Austin to be any more consistent than Jones yet.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best waiver wire pick up of the week vikings defense vs browns for me or at least im banking on it lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I start Alex Smith over Andrew Luck this week? Luck has a tough matchup against San Fran and Smith gets the Iggles defense

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2

T.Rich @ SanFran
Pierce vs Houston
Hopkins @ Balt
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Should I start Alex Smith over Andrew Luck this week? Luck has a tough matchup against San Fran and Smith gets the Iggles defense
Smith, hands down. Eagles defense is the worst in the league atm and havent stopped a soul.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Pick 2

T.Rich @ SanFran
Pierce vs Houston
Hopkins @ Balt
TRICH and Pierre
Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Smith, hands down. Eagles defense is the worst in the league atm and havent stopped a soul.