Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
Chiefs fans have to be so excited right now. This is what you guys are gonna get from Andy Reid, wins.
I'm happy they are 3-0 but they could very easily be 1-2. I think both Dallas and the Eagles beat them self's more than the Chiefs beat them.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because it's an extremely weak division. 0 for 4 so far against the supposed 'weakest division in football' should say a lot. there's only one team with any talent, and they seem to spend 58 out of every 60 minutes trying desperately to lose.
weak.... 0-5 out of the division. THEY HAVE NOT WON YET Outside of the division! And they draw the NFC North this year, so that might not end so rosy anymore.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent.
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
1 more win and 1 less graphic suicide than last year. Things could be worse than Alex Smith.
hahahahaha low blow, such a low blow. Very true though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's because it's an extremely weak division. 0 for 4 so far against the supposed 'weakest division in football' should say a lot. there's only one team with any talent, and they seem to spend 58 out of every 60 minutes trying desperately to lose.
I can't tell if this is New York or Dallas.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The thing with Smith is that he can play pretty poorly without turning the ball over. He's like a ball-security savant. He'll take crappy sacks and throw aways.

Then the 4th quarter and he looks clutch.
http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/20...-football.html
Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Consistently enough to continue winning. His arm is definitely not huge but I'll never get why people think it isn't strong enough.

Some of the best QBs in history had an arm weaker than Smith.
Nothing to do with arm strength. In terms of raw velocity and how far he's actually capable of throwing it, Smith is good enough. He simply doesn't hit receivers down field enough. Doesn't even try to.

I defended Smith quite a bit a few years ago and still like the guy, but if he's going to play like that the rest of his tenure the Chiefs aren't going anywhere. At least not right now. They aren't good enough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either Dallas or NY will probably get it together. The Skins and Eagles are in for a long year. At least Washington can hold on to the hope that Griffin will return to form.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine none of those teams get it together, and we get like a 6-10 team in the playoffs?

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Yeah. That is the answer right there Wooty.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haters to the left.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byrd will leave you Baller.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heartless.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really care. Byrd is very good, but safeties are whatever. I just can't wait for EJ to rip Geno a new one Sunday. Pregaming for Chvches while the Bills destroy the Jets is a wonderful combo.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli's just practicing making comebacks with Randle joining the party and Pugh at RT. Once we have to win the **** he'll be pulling off will blow away even the two prior runs.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I actually think Dallas is the 'class' of the NFC East. And I hate Dallas.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been this happy in a while.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooty spouting truth fire in this thread.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't really care. Byrd is very good, but safeties are whatever. I just can't wait for EJ to rip Geno a new one Sunday. Pregaming for Chvches while the Bills destroy the Jets is a wonderful combo.
Safeties are more important than ever. I'd put them ahead of DTs as the third most important defensive position after pass rushers and corners. And Byrd is awesome sauce, now with what you've got going on on offense and up front losing Byrd is something you can manage, but it'll still be a big loss.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I actually think Dallas is the 'class' of the NFC East. And I hate Dallas.
Crazy talk. Dallas is still too good at losing and Eli has to many weapons and a defense that's been surprisingly ok despite it's hands down best player, JPP, still working himself back into form. Giants will win this division, even if they have to go 8-8 to do it.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

Last two "ELI TIME" situations resulted in game clinching picks. One was an air rifle shot to a 3rd string HB that bad luck turned into a pick six, and the other I believe happened 3 times.

the problem this time is that there is no running game to keep the defenses honest in eli time.

well, that and everyone seems to know that eli time is a thing that happens, so they plan for it.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Btw I am getting really excited by the bills young offense. EJ's still got a lot of work to do, but he's a lot more in control than I was expecting and far less unnerved. With spiller, Freddie, Stevie, Woods, Goodwin and Graham that offense can become very dangerous if Marrone keeps this thing moving forward.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Last two "ELI TIME" situations resulted in game clinching picks. One was an air rifle shot to a 3rd string HB that bad luck turned into a pick six, and the other I believe happened 3 times.

the problem this time is that there is no running game to keep the defenses honest in eli time.

well, that and everyone seems to know that eli time is a thing that happens, so they plan for it.
The giants running game was worst in the NFL when we won our last Super Bowl, but Eli did his thing because he had Nicks, Cruz and Special Mario to throw to. Randle is even better and more reliable than Mario, while Nicks and Cruz are still Nicks and Cruz and our OL is less awful with the emergency of Beatty and drafting of Pugh.

And this wasn't Eli time, Eli time is when the giants can't lose, these were week one and week two matchups.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Safeties are more important than ever. I'd put them ahead of DTs as the third most important defensive position after pass rushers and corners. And Byrd is awesome sauce, now with what you've got going on on offense and up front losing Byrd is something you can manage, but it'll still be a big loss.
Safeties are important, absolutely, but there are a lot of adequate ones floating around out there. Hell, the Searcy/Williams/Leonard conglomerate has been fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Crazy talk. Dallas is still too good at losing and Eli has to many weapons and a defense that's been surprisingly ok despite it's hands down best player, JPP, still working himself back into form. Giants will win this division, even if they have to go 8-8 to do it.
Dallas is better than the G Men. I do not want it to be true, but it is.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
meh. romo is about all i like about the cowboys. to be entirely fair, i only saw the week one game. maybe someone was really impressive in losing to the chiefs.
It's not that they are impressive. It is that they are the best of a **** division in a brutal conference.