Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-18-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3: Packers @ Bengals

Preview of the Bengals> http://packersinsider.com/2013/09/be...-rising-stars/
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hayward is OUT
Burnett is a "long shot" to play so rule him out
Kuhn still hasn't practiced so he's probably out
Jarrett Bush same thing. Probably out
Lacy continues to make progress but tomorrow he has to practice or he's not gonna play apparently
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

28-24 Packers. I think the Cinci D Line can cause us a few problems. I don't think they will be able to run on us but AJ Green is a beast and having Mcmillan and Jennings in there could cause problems. Hopefully Banjo gets some more snaps and can actually make a play on the ball. I also hope that Eifort doesn't have a coming out party. Should be a good game.
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The combination of Greshman and Eifert testing the middle of our defense has me most worried.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here

don't like MM's comments today about Burnett's hamstring being the "same". Tells me there hasn't been any progress. Really need him and Hayward back
Old 09-20-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season reminds me a lot of 2010.
These guys like McMillian, Doc, Hyde, are being forced to grow up fast.

If we can just get wins, these guys are gonna gain a lot of experience and hopefully it pays off in January for us.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will see plenty of Andrew Quarless lining up in the backfield I would have to think. The ground game will struggle to get going against this stout front seven and Cincinnati's secondary can be attacked.

Prediction: Packers 35, Bengals 31

Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
We will see plenty of Andrew Quarless lining up in the backfield I would have to think. The ground game will struggle to get going against this stout front seven and Cincinnati's secondary can be attacked.

Prediction: Packers 35, Bengals 31
I will definitely take the under on that one.

I see 2 things hurting us today. Our OL will struggle big time, we'll see plenty of leaks from both the interior and outside protectors.

And I see the Bengals TE's exploiting a big weakness of us, the middle of the field always seems wide open. Hawk can't cover either of those TEs.

I got us going to 1-2 for the 2nd straight season, losing 20-17.
Crosby has a missed FG in the game that comes back to haunt us.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, our defense needs to play better than that. Kind of unlucky for Tramon giving up that big play to Sanu, a fraction quicker and he stops that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Time to cut bait with Ross

he has one job and that's to be a returner. Team is LAST in return yard average and he just had another costly muff(may turn out to be the difference in the game when its said and done. Killer turnover there)

give him his walking papers later this week
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

this team already looks like it's on their bye
Old 09-22-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

ugly, ugly loss. Team gets to let that stinkfest ferment over the bye week

That was probably the worst game I've seen from Rodgers. MM also had a bad day with some baffling playcalls

still having trouble getting over the 4th and inches call. You run up the middle with Franklin(not a power runner) behind EDS(who sucks) with Cincy stacking the box. Couldn't have been any more predictable with that call. You roll Rodgers out and he probably gets a 1st....you have Franklin run right or left and he could probably get the 1st

Bad INT's by Rodgers when they were driving and in FG range. O failed to get TD's when the D spotted them great field position off turnovers. Lots of things went wrong today

oh and after all that, we can add some more injuries to the list that continues to grow.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, we gifted them 14 points with the Ross and Franklin fumbles. Our defense was fine. And the Bengals have a very good defense, Rodgers wasn't that bad. The 2nd INT was really bad, but apart from that he was okay, not terrible. And he made some good throws. Franklin was a big positive. Sam Shields was studly minus being asked to play press against the 2nd best receiver in the league. When we get Hayward back that could be beautiful.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-22-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Rodgers sucks in close games at the end.
There have been many articles and tweets written about this for a few years, and some people like to dismiss it saying we always blow people out.

He's now officially 5-17 in games decided by 4 points or less.

Fact is, 2-minute warning we were in position to win. All his trio of WRs were out there, getting open. Nelson, Cobb, Jones.....

... meanwhile in Minnesota, lame 3rd string QB had a similar situation for the Browns.... and horrific QB Jake Locker for the Titans..... they both came through, clutch and got W's instead of L's.

We saw what happened.

I guess 6-2 is too short for a QB now?
How does Russell Wilson do it?

Why not roll Rodgers out to the right, away from the 6-7 Michael Johnson, and give Rodgers a chance to A) have a big lane, B) avoid pressure, and C) possible scramble along the sideline to get some yards or first down?

Has any team ever forced 6 turnovers like we did, and still lose?
Maybe the Jets a few years ago with Sanchez offense.
Or the Ravens when they had Trent Dilfer.

Also, has anyone ever scored 30 consecutive points in a game, and still lost?

This was a Favre-like disgusting loss.
And we have an extra week to enjoy the sour aftertaste.

And what's the ***** deal with the hamstrings?
Someone has to get fired over that.

How many guys on the Bengals got hurt today?

Here's how much BS luck we suffered from today.
We had the 1st down, but the Bengals got the fortunate challenge reversal by inches.... so then we go on 4th down, and get stuffed.
But worse than that, it's a fumble..... and Rodgers misses his tackle. But Cobb makes a great ****ing tackle. Causes a fumble! We get it and it's a 1st down for us.... but no, they get it and waltz in for the GWQ touchdown.

That's a lot of bullschit bad luck on top of some horrible plays by Jones and Rodgers.

I don't blame McCarthy this time at all for going for it.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Rodgers was really off on a lot of throws and the 2nd INT was truly awful. It was a poor game considering what we've consistently seen out of him. It happens though and Cincy's D is legit

still, tough loss to swallow
Old 09-22-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Meh, we gifted them 14 points with the Ross and Franklin fumbles. Our defense was fine. And the Bengals have a very good defense, Rodgers wasn't that bad. The 2nd INT was really bad, but apart from that he was okay, not terrible. And he made some good throws. Franklin was a big positive. Sam Shields was studly minus being asked to play press against the 2nd best receiver in the league. When we get Hayward back that could be beautiful.
Rodgers was bad today, especially for the standard he has established for himself. He looked disinterested and even became confrontational with Mike at one point, which is totally out of character for him. I think he became frustrated with the play calling and the offense had little life before Franklin entered the game.

The 4th & inches call was horrendous. We attack their strongest spot with our weakest and Franklin ran into a wall 2 yards deep in the backfield. We also seemed hellbent on working the sidelines under two minutes even though we were nearing the red zone and had a couple time outs.

The bye week comes at a perfect time.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker went 7 of 10 for 94 yards on the game-winning drive, including a 34-yard touchdown strike to rookie receiver Justin Hunter with 15 seconds left.

Cleveland #3 QB Brian Hoyer engineers an 11-play drive, all shotgun passes, and throws a clutch game-winning TD pass with under a minute to go to win at Minnesota.

I realize their defenses aren't the Bengals defense.
But games were on the line, and those 2 came up with the goods at the end.
Our stud didn't.
Sad fact.

I'm curious to see if he has any effects of a concussion. He took some big shots early.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The bye week comes at a perfect time.
It does.
But it's only 3 games in...... we might need another bye in week 9, and 14.
We might not have any guys left by then.....
Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
It does.
But it's only 3 games in...... we might need another bye in week 9, and 14.
We might not have any guys left by then.....
We have the extended break after Thanksgiving so that will come at a good time.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Rodgers sucks in close games at the end.
There have been many articles and tweets written about this for a few years, and some people like to dismiss it saying we always blow people out.

He's now officially 5-17 in games decided by 4 points or less.

Fact is, 2-minute warning we were in position to win. All his trio of WRs were out there, getting open. Nelson, Cobb, Jones.....

... meanwhile in Minnesota, lame 3rd string QB had a similar situation for the Browns.... and horrific QB Jake Locker for the Titans..... they both came through, clutch and got W's instead of L's.

We saw what happened.

I guess 6-2 is too short for a QB now?
How does Russell Wilson do it?

Why not roll Rodgers out to the right, away from the 6-7 Michael Johnson, and give Rodgers a chance to A) have a big lane, B) avoid pressure, and C) possible scramble along the sideline to get some yards or first down?

Has any team ever forced 6 turnovers like we did, and still lose?
Maybe the Jets a few years ago with Sanchez offense.
Or the Ravens when they had Trent Dilfer.

Also, has anyone ever scored 30 consecutive points in a game, and still lost?

This was a Favre-like disgusting loss.
And we have an extra week to enjoy the sour aftertaste.

And what's the ***** deal with the hamstrings?
Someone has to get fired over that.

How many guys on the Bengals got hurt today?

Here's how much BS luck we suffered from today.
We had the 1st down, but the Bengals got the fortunate challenge reversal by inches.... so then we go on 4th down, and get stuffed.
But worse than that, it's a fumble..... and Rodgers misses his tackle. But Cobb makes a great ****ing tackle. Causes a fumble! We get it and it's a 1st down for us.... but no, they get it and waltz in for the GWQ touchdown.

That's a lot of bullschit bad luck on top of some horrible plays by Jones and Rodgers.

I don't blame McCarthy this time at all for going for it.
What exactly did he do that sucked on that last drive? Fail to throw the ball over a 6"7 defensive end? Bakhtiari was assigned to cut block him and he failed. If Franklin doesn't fumble and give the Bengals a TD we might win by less than 4, so does that mean Rodgers would've been the king of winning close games? Don't use team stats to measure how good one player is, it's ridiculously stupid.

Yes, Hoyer and Locker had late drives to win...against two of the worst pass defenses in the league. If we we're playing these teams Rodgers wouldn't need to drive down the field in the last minute to win the game.

"Why not roll Rodgers to the right?" So whose fault is it? MM for calling the play? Bakhtiari for failing to execute? Or the QB, because he's the QB and is responsible for everything!

When a player does something wrong, by all means say he did something wrong. That 2nd INT was terrible by Rodgers and maybe if he doesn't throw that we win the game...It becomes stupid when you start blaming players for things that they have minimal control over.

So far you've blamed injuries, bad luck and play calling...but if we had Brian Hoyer, we would've won this game!

Oh and please stop moaning about injuries, no one gives a ****.

RIP themaninblack
Old 09-22-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I think if Clay Matthews did not get hurt the Packers would have won. With Matthews out the Packers had to blitz more which freed it up for 1v1 matchups with Green and Guys being open down field. Can't really blame Rodgers he had a bad game, but the Bengals DL manhandled the Packers OL in passing down. Plus some how the Bengals secondary played well today even thought being short handed.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 09-22-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinion:

1. Rodgers was off today.
2. The play calling didn't help. MM gets obsessed with the big play. ( IMO he is the reason we lost)
3. CM3... What a joke. A hamstring? Give me a break... Thanks for contributing to the loss.
4. 4 and inches... QB sneak? No let's hand the ball ball off to a undersized back! More awfulness from MM.
5. Jeremy Ross, costs us the game in SF last year and contributed to a loss today, but keeps a roster position... Joke.
6. Refs... Did not determine anything, but Finley took a shot to the head... No call. Rodgers has a guy go at his knees no call....

7. If I told you our defense created 3 TOs in a row... You would tell me we won.

What a joke.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Honestly I think if Clay Matthews did not get hurt the Packers would have won. With Matthews out the Packers had to blitz more which freed it up for 1v1 matchups with Green and Guys being open down field.
SuperPacker said to stop ****** injuries.... but they are always a factor one way or another.
Losing the best player on D certainly had an impact, you're right.

Still, if Rodgers has one good drive at the end, we win. He didn't, We didn't.

And it wasn't just the last pass that got batted. It was the one before that to the other side too.
Bengals could read Rodgers eyes that he was throwing those hard low quick outs.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tennessee quarterback Jake Locker went 7 of 10 for 94 yards on the game-winning drive, including a 34-yard touchdown strike to rookie receiver Justin Hunter with 15 seconds left.

Cleveland #3 QB Brian Hoyer engineers an 11-play drive, all shotgun passes, and throws a clutch game-winning TD pass with under a minute to go to win at Minnesota.

I realize their defenses aren't the Bengals defense.
But games were on the line, and those 2 came up with the goods at the end.
Our stud didn't.
Sad fact.

I'm curious to see if he has any effects of a concussion. He took some big shots early.
This crossed my mind. We haven't seen him play like this since his mid-season concussion in 2010.

I was very happy with Franklin, especially after a rough preseason. It was a little before my time, but my father and uncles talk about the "thunder and lightning" style running game that the Packers had in the early-80's, with Gerry Ellis and Eddie Lee Ivery. I'd love to see Franklin and Lacy become the same type of duo.

I had to talk my buddy off the ledge last night. Yeah, the team is 1-2. Big deal. There are still 13 games. I still expect to win the division, and if we don't, I'd be shocked if we don't get a wildcard. It was a tough loss to a good team, and I'm not even remotely worried about this team.

Last edited by WCH : 09-23-2013 at 08:19 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
My opinion:

1. Rodgers was off today.
2. The play calling didn't help. MM gets obsessed with the big play. ( IMO he is the reason we lost)
3. CM3... What a joke. A hamstring? Give me a break... Thanks for contributing to the loss.
4. 4 and inches... QB sneak? No let's hand the ball ball off to a undersized back! More awfulness from MM.
5. Jeremy Ross, costs us the game in SF last year and contributed to a loss today, but keeps a roster position... Joke.
6. Refs... Did not determine anything, but Finley took a shot to the head... No call. Rodgers has a guy go at his knees no call....

7. If I told you our defense created 3 TOs in a row... You would tell me we won.

What a joke.
Wait really? Someone pulls a hamstring (the same injury that kept him out 4 games last year) and you ***** about it? Matthews did probably more in the half game he played than anyone else did in the entire game.