Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that concerns me about the 2014 draft is that our defense is so bad, and every starter on the d-line has a contract that expires. Clowney here we come?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Scott has us taking Brett Hundley in the first round in the 2014 draft. He seems to me like he would be another project much like Ponder/ Jackson/ Webb proved to be. I like the QB pick, but I just don't like Hundley very much.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or he could be a project like Joe Flacco was or what Ryan Tannehill is looking like. And Webb was taken in the 6th round and had no business ever being tried as a QB.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-24-2013 at 04:48 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Well Scott has us taking Brett Hundley in the first round in the 2014 draft. He seems to me like he would be another project much like Ponder/ Jackson/ Webb proved to be. I like the QB pick, but I just don't like Hundley very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Or he could be a project like Joe Flacco was or what Ryan Tannehill is looking like. And Webb was taken in 6th round and had no business ever being tried as a QB.
To me, Hundley is nothing like Ponder, Jackson, or Webb. Webb is no where close as he was a 6th round prospect and most saw him as a WR prospect. Jackson was never considered a high first round prospect and was considered by many to be a bit of a reach at 64, and simply put just never was the same kind of prospect of Hundley. Ponder was a much more polished prospect than Hundley is at this point. Ponder was a 5th year Senior who never had an elite ceiling. Hundley's a redshirt sophomore with elite upside, but is extremely raw. A much better comparison in recent times IMO would be Tannehill like yo mentioned, raw but with elite upside and Tannehill has at least flashed that upside so far in his career.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Hundley. Or Mariotta. Or any QB that comes with a new coaching staff.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:11 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like we are going to see Matt Cassel sunday.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Sounds like we are going to see Matt Cassel sunday.
Predictions.....????
This week, and going forward?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Cassel doing too well, mostly because he's not a good quarterback. Ponder starts game after the bye and more, eventually Cassel starts again. Team moves on from both after season.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Predictions.....????
This week, and going forward?
Benching Ponder for that scrub....

0-16
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel won't be able to do any better than Ponder. Ponder isn't the biggest issue, the o-line seems to be regressing and the secondary can't do sh!t. When other teams are throwing for 300+ and 4 touchdowns on our secondary, I expect Ponder, or any quarterback for that matter to try and force throws to make something happen. I think our 3 losses has more to do with the Defense than Ponder, personally.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Benching Ponder for that scrub....

0-16
It's not benching him, it's because Ponder's not healthy enough to play due to a fractured rib. All indications have Ponder returning as the starter after the bye.

I know a lot of people on here know that Cassel will suck, but the majority of Vikings fans are getting what they want with this... It's gonna be ugly though. I agree with the legend killer though. It won't be the last game that Cassel start this year and I think the team will find a new QB this offseason and one of Cassel/Ponder will be around to be the backup/keep the seat warm until the rookie is ready if they draft a QB.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... We won today guys!!!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe you.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've not long been back from the game but I have to say. your fans are genuinely awesome! Had a family on the row behind me from Minnesota and they were fantastic, hope the support came across well for you guys and glad you won!

Oh and I got to shake hands with Ahmad Rashad and Randal McDaniel, two very classy guys, Daunte Culpepper blanked me though :( ha

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

How long before all the crazy vikings fans call for Cassel instead of Ponder?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
How long before all the crazy vikings fans call for Cassel instead of Ponder?
Cassell should start...
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder is awful. The Vikes need to move on. Awful pick at the time that somehow looks even worse now.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I have been saying since we hired Frazier that it was an awful move. He is a terrible head coach. The coaching staff need to go too. There is talent on this team and I am tired of seeing it wasted.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Still a supporter of Ponder....but any chance we bring in Freeman? I have heard some banter on NFL network about it so wanted to get your guys' opinions.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I sure as hell hope not. I am no longer a Ponder supporter, but Freeman won't be any better than Cassel or Ponder.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Josh Freeman is signing with the Vikings.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....now what?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I think it is just a move to put fire under Ponder and Cassel both. I doubt he starts anytime soon if at all this season. Unless he really shows that he can play during the week, I doubt he starts.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

They wouldn't give Freeman 3 million dollars if they didn't want him to play.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent seen anything from Freeman this season that makes him better then Ponder. And no, Im not sticking up for Ponder in any way.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote