Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-25-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Snee and Baas MRIs. I think Baas might be the worst FA signing for us since the days of Mitchell, Barrett green and Carlos Emmons. Is this china doll ever healthy? Snee is done, just like Tuck is done. We need to give this team an enema.

We need to draft OL. I never seen an OL play so poorly for us since 2003, Fasshole era, which led to Eli being drafted. I still remember how the knock was he can't block anyone. How can you not run block? Now you can't pass block! WTF? What good are you people? Like I said Reese and Ross better hit a home run this draft. Stop with the project players PLEASE!
Baas was a poor signing. I hated the move, and it's one of our worse signings, but I can't call it THE worst bc we don't win the SB without him. He was a necessary evil for that one season, and we're paying for it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
No, Herzlich has been AWFUL. There's no defending him. At all
You know how much I hate Herzlich. He's easily the worst player on our team. It's not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not saying you guys don't have a chance to turn things around. You very well could. But it's actually pretty common to see teams coming off recent Super Bowl wins to face a rapid collapse. Normally due to guys getting signed for big money elsewhere, stars aging, and combined with the fact that those teams pick late in each round of the draft.

I think your best bet is to tank this year, have a great draft, release dead weight, make some trades (Eli, JPP could net a huge haul) and make a key FA signing or two. Follow the Colts pattern. ie. Trade Eli to the Vikings or Raiders for mutliple picks. Otherwise, I have a feeling it might be a while before the Giants are truly competitive again. I think some coaching changes are due as well.

Otherwise your climb back might take decades if you try to salvage something that's not there. The Cowboys faced their decline after the 90s SBs and we haven't done **** since. We never pulled the right strings.
Trading Eli is just ridiculous, but JPP? It depends on the compensation. We all are hoping JPP recovers from his back injury but backs are tricky and you just never know. With our rebuilding coming up, if we net multiple picks for JPP it wouldn't kill me if we made the move.

Having that said, I'd prefer to keep him and hope he becomes the man he used to be. But I'm well aware that may never happen and if we get a good price for him maybe it's not a terrible idea to move him.

But Eli....no. Just no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sounds like the Hynocerous might be done for the year.
This is a good thing. You guys know I've never been a Hyno fan. I think he's pretty awful. Connor is an upgrade over him. We should have signed Connor awhile ago.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a name that won't be popular on here but it's an intriguing idea as a future HC.

Lovie Smith.

Yeah I know right? ME saying Lovie Smith?! Cover 2?!

Think about it though. Lovie has his warts, and they're magnified (partly bc he's black, and when you're a black coach or GM you have a 1.5 strike and youre out policy applied to you), but the man had a very successful track record in Chicago.

He didn't have a qb for the longest time, still won a lot of games, took his team to a SB, went 10-6 and went to the NFCCG with Cutler and nothing else on offense.

You know he'll coach up the defense. I hate the scheme but you can't ignore Lovie's success. The man can coach defense. Plus he's a 4-3 guy. And then we'll finally have Eli running the offense bc Lovie doesn't do **** with offense. He lets his coaches and qb run the show there.

It kind of makes sense when you think about it.

Obviously he's not #1 on my list, but I think we should throw his name out there. He's a good coach.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baas was a poor signing. I hated the move, and it's one of our worse signings, but I can't call it THE worst bc we don't win the SB without him. He was a necessary evil for that one season, and we're paying for it now.
Yeah, okay, not the worst signing, but god it's pretty bad. Is this guy ever healthy now? Rumors are we may lost both Baas and Snee. If that happens our OL is going to be rubbish!

You know we joke around come draft time about the mid round OL developmental picks. I was thinking about it yesterday while driving you can attribute some of those plus the decline of veterans as the root of this bad OL play. Baas and Snee and David D. Add younger guys, and then backups cant even step in because they are project picks. Not to mention the swing and miss and bad luck on Petrus and Koets.

I think I just about had it with the project picks. How is our JPP of TEs doing? Oh yeah, he is hurt! Can we please get something back on our investment? Barden, Beckum, and now JJ are waste of spots. 2 are gone, with 1 left!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, okay, not the worst signing, but god it's pretty bad. Is this guy ever healthy now? Rumors are we may lost both Baas and Snee. If that happens our OL is going to be rubbish!

You know we joke around come draft time about the mid round OL developmental picks. I was thinking about it yesterday while driving you can attribute some of those plus the decline of veterans as the root of this bad OL play. Baas and Snee and David D. Add younger guys, and then backups cant even step in because they are project picks. Not to mention the swing and miss and bad luck on Petrus and Koets.

I think I just about had it with the project picks. How is our JPP of TEs doing? Oh yeah, he is hurt! Can we please get something back on our investment? Barden, Beckum, and now JJ are waste of spots. 2 are gone, with 1 left!
Honestly Snee going down might be a blessing in disguise. Snee is awful now. I wouldn't mind seeing our backups get thrown in there and see if they can develop.

Heck, they can't be any worse than Baas and Snee anyway, might as well give them a shot and see what we got there.

I really hope Robinson can get healthy soon and grab the starting TE position bc Myers is awful. I hate him.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly Snee going down might be a blessing in disguise. Snee is awful now. I wouldn't mind seeing our backups get thrown in there and see if they can develop.

Heck, they can't be any worse than Baas and Snee anyway, might as well give them a shot and see what we got there.

I really hope Robinson can get healthy soon and grab the starting TE position bc Myers is awful. I hate him.
They don't play Eli. Seeing them develop is for the off season and pre season games. You don't stick a 100 million dollar QB behind those clowns. Reese and Ross should get blame for this. I did not want MB to go this off season. Now he is tearing it up for the Bears. MB should have been our investment and he would have brought back good to great returns. Now we have a useless, 1 way TE, who hasn't produced.

We need to either tear this done and rebuild or need to make some very shrewd moves to get things going in the right direction.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donnell looks decent also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
They don't play Eli. Seeing them develop is for the off season and pre season games. You don't stick a 100 million dollar QB behind those clowns. Reese and Ross should get blame for this. I did not want MB to go this off season. Now he is tearing it up for the Bears. MB should have been our investment and he would have brought back good to great returns. Now we have a useless, 1 way TE, who hasn't produced.

We need to either tear this done and rebuild or need to make some very shrewd moves to get things going in the right direction.
Have faith in the plan. It'll be alright. The young guys can't be any worse than Snee. Snee was downright awful. Beyond awful. At least the young guys will be young and awful instead of old and awful.

And we simply can't afford Unicorn. I'd love to have him back but not at that price. It just wasn't a wise move for us to match that contract. You gotta think long term. It hurts now, but it won't hurt later. You don't want to hand out bad contracts. Hell, look at Baas as a prime example of that. For 1 year, we handed out a terrible contract that's crippling us for the past 2 years. You don't want to fall into the trap of handing out bad contracts that will hurt you later. If Nicks or JPP walk out of the door bc we have money tied up to Unicorn then that would be a terrible decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Donnell looks decent also.
I like Donnell as well and think he should start over Myers. You know you're awful when Pope can't even fix you. Myers is terrible.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I still think Nicks leaves for the Panthers. To play at home state would be good for him. I can see him leaving. JPP's contract will be interesting. He had 1 good year, and then couldn't adjust to double teams after that. Then got hurt, and now is coming back from injury. He needs to show something that 1 season wasn't a fluke because he took the league by surprise.

Would I offer him a break the bank contract? No, as of now, no, I need to see another monster season. Can he do that while getting double teamed and scheme against?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did crap in his home state on Sunday!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-25-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

They all did. These shut outs are getting annoying.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't want football purgatory this year. I'm hoping we either make the playoffs (unlikely at this point), or we suck really bad.

That way either we have success that counts for something, or some change is destined to come to this team, and I think we're ready for change. It's long overdue.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So Cordle might be our center now? So if Snee is out how does our OL look?

Beatty-Boothe-Cordle-Mosley-Pugh

LOL Does that seem right for this sunday?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly it can be any worse than these past few weeks. I say go with it. Eli was getting murdered with our current line up anyway.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Snee and Baas are just names at this point. Both are awful.

Having that said, I'm still worried bc these young guys so far have shown that they're not too hot themselves and are probably even worse.

So yeah....

The defense that caused the most turnovers in the league vs the offense that has the most turnovers.

Their DL vs our OL. We're on the road.

0-4 is looking like a very real possibility guys.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Snee and Baas are just names at this point. Both are awful.

Having that said, I'm still worried bc these young guys so far have shown that they're not too hot themselves and are probably even worse.

So yeah....

The defense that caused the most turnovers in the league vs the offense that has the most turnovers.

Their DL vs our OL. We're on the road.

0-4 is looking like a very real possibility guys.
I am already done with the team this year. I want 0-4, and then hopefully a soul crushing 0-5. 3-13, Gilbride and Fewell gone, probably Coughlin too and in a perfect world Clowney comes in and we sign Byrd.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

0-6 is a real possibility. KC, Eagles and then Bears.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

This game is going to decide what I root for. If we go 0-4 I'm all aboard the Clowney train.

Bc I dont care what anyone says, if you're 0-4 you're not making the playoffs. And then with the Eagles and Bears coming to town, 0-6 at that point is a very real possibility.

If we win and go 1-2 I'm holding onto hope. But we're already in must win territory. And Philly and Chicago are not easy games.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game will decide our season, if we can get our **** together enough to win, the iggles are a very beatable team. Chicago's tough but facing them at 2-3 with back to back wins isn't the worst place to be. But it all starts on sunday, cause we ain't coming all of the way back from 0-4.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've seen nothing from this team in 3 weeks to inspire any confidence in them.

They have to show me before I can put my faith back in them. Bc right now, if you're completely honest with yourself, this team looks absolutely awful.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I have no faith, which is why they have to start showing themselves this week and pull of the win.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If we suck hard this year, I hope we go full evaluation mode and let all our young guys see the field. They need reps.

I want to see what they can do. The veterans are what they are, if the season is over there's no point of keeping them in the starting lineup bc they're gone anyway. Give the young guys a chance to show what they are worth so we can go into the draft with a better idea of what we need.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Snee, Baas, Webster OUT. Diehl doubtful.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Pray for Eli guys.

We gotta pray.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

As per Eric from BBI:

Quote:
we don't know if Cordle or Boothe will be at center.

We don't know if Brewer or Boothe or Mosley will be LG.

We don't know if Brewer or Mosley will be RG.
Anyone have any guesses?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Panic by everyone is my best guess.

sig by BoneKrusher