Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-26-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Ive read everything from the Thanos Quest to "The End" in the infinity series. Overall its one of my favorite Marvel series.
Yeah the Thanos Quest was pretty interesting. I'm wondering what I'm going to move onto next. I read the Batman/Hulk short crossover which was disappointing from the second act onward and just really got ridiculous at the end. The art by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez is really the only reason I stuck with it. I'm thinking of what to read next. I acquired all issues of The Avengers, up until the late 2000's, all of Fantastic Four, Black Panther, Uncanny X-Men, and X-Force. I'm going to start with Fantastic Four and Avengers. Might try to acquire all of The Mighty Thor too and read a few of those at the same time as well. I've been on a Marvel high lately.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last Locke & Key comes out today and people's excitement tells me it might be worth going through that series.

I have been enjoying Mind MGMT, currently.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys paying straight up for all these comics? At several dollars a pop, plus these series having many issues... that's a lot of money I can't afford.
I've bought a couple Joker comics (fav character) but am hesitant to start a long series I know I won't be able to get finish.

My favorite comic so far...

Last edited by Nalej : 12-18-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Are you guys paying straight up for all these comics? At several dollars a pop, plus these series having many issues... that's a lot of money I can't afford.

At $1.99 I said if the price of comics went any higher, I'd stop buying them.
At $2.50 I said if the price of comics went any higher, I'd stop buying them.
At $2.99 I said if the price of comics went any higher, I'd stop buying them.
At $3.99 I stopped buying them.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've bought a couple Joker comics (fav character) but am hesitant to start a long series I know I won't be able to get finish.

No, not at all. I can't actually keep up with comics 99% of the time. I'll usually get a trade paperback as a gift to get me going on a series and find ways from there if I'm really into it. The downtown library had every issue of Y: The Last Man, so that was easy. Things like Saga and Mind MGMT I am currently trying to follow in a very spread out manner by way of occasional gifts, but there's only so many that I can do. I really liked the beginnings of Ex Machina and Chew but I just was not able to finish/keep up with them. It sucks, too, because comic shops are one thing I would love to support if I could, but it's just not feasible.

Anyway, I do love The Killing Joke, but have not read that first one.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently reading the Wonder Woman reboot from 1987 post crisis. Story and art are very good.
Quote:

I don't pay for comics.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Would you like to share your methods?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torrents my friend. Torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, if you could bring one comic book character to life, who would it be?

Cosmic level beings are allowed, please avoid any comic book versions of deities.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Would you like to share your methods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Torrents my friend. Torrents
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
So, if you could bring one comic book character to life, who would it be?

Cosmic level beings are allowed, please avoid any comic book versions of deities.
Probably Batman. Just so you don't have to deal with the danger of something more powerful like a Superman, Wonder Woman, Professor X ever deciding to use their own abilities for conquest. That and it would change everything in terms of people's beliefs and the way they view/live their lives. Batman wouldn't do that.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So gf got me a big gift card to a local comic shop. Any suggestions for what I should pick up? Any series or anything would be great. Ive missed alot of the new batman stuff, last I read was death of the family but havent read anything after that. I also havent caught up on any dead pool recently either.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just picked up a couple of comics earlier today for the first time in a long time. I picked up the following:
- The Other Dead (issues 1-4)

- Sex Criminals (issues 1-3)

- East of West (issues 1-3)

Any of you guys heard of/read any of them? Also, can anyone recommend some good non-superhero comics? I've heard the Manhattan Projects, Mind MGMT and Locke & Key are all pretty good. Anything else? Or maybe even some newer superhero series?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Mind MGMT has been good so far. Haven't read the others but I was going to check out Sex Criminals when I had the chance. Looks fun. The guy that writes it also does Hawkeye and has done a great job with it.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Think I'm going to pick up the court of owls collection soon. Anyone following the new 52 batman series by snyder? I read death of the family but other than that nothing else. Any good?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-14-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I liked what Snyder was doing during the Black Mirror run but have not followed any of his Bruce Wayne stuff. Something I'd like to do but you could say that about n different titles, as always.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'll let you know but Ive heard nothing but raving reviews from this series.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I picked up the whole court of owls series, about halfway through right now. With all the hype I'm a little underwhelmed by them to be honest as the black hand and Batman RIP sort of already did the whole "group of villains plot" thing, albeit to a lesser extent. Idk, not in love with it despite all the praise its received. Then again, I didn't love death of the family that much either so maybe I'm just not the guy for Snyder's new 52. Although I think he did batman and robin which I absolutely loved that dynamic and the new enemies introduced.

I also got the long halloween and can't believe Ive yet to read that. Excited to start it. Thinking of getting age of Ultron to prep up for the Avengers sequel.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a while since I've read The Long Halloween. I may be thinking of a different graphic novel but I think I remember being disappointed in it. It was good, but no Arkham Asylum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

If you aren't reading Forever Evil, well...then you should read it.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I went back to 1992 to read a really nice, just fun story in Batman vs. Predator. This was a comic book crossover that was written by Dave Gibbons (artist for Watchmen a few years earlier) and penciled by Andy Kubert with inks by his brother Andy Kubert.

This was just a really fun story to read. Not complicated, and not something that has some moral dilemma or soul searching message. It just knows how to entertain. Which is fine. Not all stories have to make you think real hard about what is under the surface. Sometimes you just need to have fun. And that is what this does best. At the same time it's not mindless action. The pacing is really good, the characters are worth caring about, and it really captures of the feel of the first Predator film of lurking dread within the narrative. It picks it's shining moments wisely, and the audience isn't over-saturated with so much chaos that it becomes nauseating.

The art work is really good in this book to me. I've been up and down on Andy Kubert's pencils in the past, but it works on a lot of levels here. The only criticism I'd have is that some of the panels feel like there is a little too much crammed inside. I appreciated what Andy could fit in no matter the panel size, and utilize his shapes and space well, but sometimes it was difficult to tell what was going on. Along with the inks by Adam. The coloring has a kind of desaturated and muted feel to it along with almost an Earth tone kind of vibe. It mixes well with the depiction of the Predator in Gotham though.

If you get a chance to pick this up, I would recommend it. Just a fun overall read. Not a super complex plot, but like I implied you don't always need that.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-01-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started The Walking Dead. It's been awesome so far
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I had never read Kingdom Come. After reading it I can say it is one of the best comic book pieces I have come across. Really good story by Mark Waid. The art by Alex Ross is breathtaking.

Quote: