Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Terrance Cobb, RB, Cumberlands

I just had to post about a small school prospect that I am a fan of.

It's Cumberlands RB Terrance Cobb, who checks in at 5-11 and 220 pounds with 4.45 speed.

You can check out some video of Cobb in action at http://goo.gl/wA6n1Y

Now keep in mind it's a very low level of competition (NAIA) but it's still pretty impressive.

The name I kept thinking of while watching was Jamal Lewis.

What does everyone think?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They guy looks ok, does not seem really fast and that is against slow competition, but hard to tell at that level. He will make it or break it in the workouts, All Star games or combine.

Has to show that ability to break away big plays against top competition.

Jamal Lewis comparison I am not sure, wasn't Lewis 230 at Tennessee and he had the impressive speed but was so hard to bring down because of that size. Reminds me of Jonathan Dwyer when he played that full back type position at Georgia Tech at times. His speed and big play ability has not really translated into the NFL, but that was against top line D1 competition, not the same with this guy.

Then you have Adrian Peterson from Georgia Southern, small school guy rushed for 2,000 yards almost twice in a career. Stuck around the NFL for awhile but never really did anything big time.

So it is hard to tell with those small school guys till they get worked out and one can compare them physically with their peers and in terms of game/drill competition.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cobb reportedly received a draftable grade from league scouts prior to this season.

The level of competition certainly makes for a difficult evaluation but it's hard to ignore those impressive triangle numbers. Hopefully Cobb will have the opportunity to prove that he can hang with the big boys in a post-season all-star game. Definitely an intriguing guy to keep an eye on.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott what about Zach Zenner from FCS - South Dakota state? He is a prolific small school running back - he caught my attention after torching the Nebraska defense.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bulldog0123

I know a kid that plays with him at Cumberlands.

He said 20+ scouts have visited practices so far.

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-25-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog0123 View Post
I know a kid that plays with him at Cumberlands.

He said 20+ scouts have visited practices so far.
Who is that?

I actually have another Cumberlands prospect in my rankings, WR Willie Gibson.

OT Alonzo Harmon and S Faquan Calhoun are on the scouting radar as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Who is that?

I actually have another Cumberlands prospect in my rankings, WR Willie Gibson.

OT Alonzo Harmon and S Faquan Calhoun are on the scouting radar as well.
Oh, he's just a freshman Offensive Lineman.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Beyond the obvious size and speed what I'm most impressed by with Cobb is his balance. I also like how Cobb is fast enough to run away from defenders but also strong enough to run through arm tackles. Cobb isn't afraid to throw a block either, which is refreshing. A capable pass catcher out of the backfield as well. Granted there is always going to be the low level of competition asterisk but many of those attributes translate to the next level.

Can't wait to see Cobb in a post-season all-star game!