Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 19th pick the Titans select....

Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee

I think with meach's size, speed, strength, and game changing ability he would be a perfect fit for vince and an offensive weapon that we desperately need. watch this video and explains what type of player Meachem is. he has never fumbled and EVERY time he has been thrown to in the red zone it was a completion. Chow said in the begining of the offseason that we need a WR and thats why i think we get one in the 1st instead of going DE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MABDChtX5Z8

take your final guesses on our selections and go further than the first round if you would like

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Much respect for your view, and I was high on Meachem for a while. But he's pretty raw and has underachieved a bit. It's not just where he played, either, though there WERE some consistency issues at QB for the Vols. But Meachem looks afraid of contact. He has all the physical tools, but does he play the game? I'm not willing to spend the 19th pick to find out. I'd prefer Bowe or (can't believe I have changed so much on this...) Ginn.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
Much respect for your view, and I was high on Meachem for a while. But he's pretty raw and has underachieved a bit. It's not just where he played, either, though there WERE some consistency issues at QB for the Vols. But Meachem looks afraid of contact. He has all the physical tools, but does he play the game? I'm not willing to spend the 19th pick to find out. I'd prefer Bowe or (can't believe I have changed so much on this...) Ginn.
The issue I have with labeling him as a "1 year wonder" or an "underachiever" is the fact that all 3 of our receivers broke out this year. They all 3 basically doubled their previous season high in receiving yardage. Something seems fishy about that doesn't it? Or did we just have one of those rare cases where all 3 WR's we had were one year wonders and all happened to break out in the same exact year.

That leads me to believe other factors played into it. Like have a terrible WR's coach, and terrible OC, and terrible QB play. And, coincidentally, all 3 of those things changed this year, the same year all 3 WR's had their best years. Hmmm.

During Meachem's soph season, he was also playing on a bum ankle, hence the reason his YPC dropped from 18 in his fresh and junior years, to 13 that year. He did have some problems his soph year, but there's no way in hell all the blame can be laid at his feet.

So for all that, he's labeled as a one year wonder, and people say that he should have come back for his senior year to prove he can repeat that success. The problem with that is had he stayed another year, by the time his rookie season starts, he would be 24 years old, which is a little older than you'd like from a rookie.

And for all the talk of him being raw and unpolished, I've heard him in numerous interviews talking about the nuances of the position. I thought he showed his football IQ well when Pat Kirwan was grilling him on the different techniques he'd use to beat certain coverages. I think he showed that he has good knowledge of the position and knows when to use moves to gain separation.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, if I were trying to predict the draft correctly, I'd put my money on us taking Ginn Jr. if he's on the board. If not, I think we'll take Jarrett.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
e_miller81

I think this guy has the ability to be a #1 but I think his bust factor is higher than Ginn, Bowe, Jarret. I think we should take Jarret, He won't lead us to the big play but we have Vince to make the big plays.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Meachem being a one year wonder but wasnt last year his first year to start all season? I just think that Meach has the ability to be a stud and a major game changer. He is also a good possesion reciver who has the ability to shed tackles and take it the distance at any moment

Something about Ginn scares me, i dont know what, but I feel like he is going to be a bust. I think it has to do with his size, I really dont like small recievers. The one thing I like about Ginn is he could instantly replace Pac returning punts and kickoffs and anytime he has the football in his hands he is a threat to score

Bowe, from what I have seen is a good possesion reciever and is hard to bring down but doesnt ever seem to break the big one. Another thing I like about Bowe, like Meachem, is his size and will be a good target in the red zone

Jarrett I havent seen play much, but his productivity doesnt lie and he steps up in big games which I really like. The only thing that scares me with Jarrett is his speed and his ability to seperate but his size makes up for a lot of that.

To be honest I wouldnt mind having any of these guys at wideout...I just think Meach has the ability to be really good

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

my dream scenario would be us swapping firsts with san diego for mike turner and still being able to get Jarrett at 30.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
my dream scenario would be us swapping firsts with san diego for mike turner and still being able to get Jarrett at 30.
I agree. And then take best available DE in the second and a CB in the third.

Although, if Jamaal Anderson slips to #19...
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ROBERT MEACHEM

I'm itching to throw the ball to him on madden LOL
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote