Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
This is true. He'd kill both of you and then himself.
I believe that. Brodeur told me he wouldn't trade with me in this league because he belongs to Xio.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I set an all-time high for roto points this season and made a total of one entirely inconsequential trade.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I set an all-time high for roto points this season and made a total of one entirely inconsequential trade.
Pretty remarkable. It pains me.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish I could have Prince back now that he's playing in Texas.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really wish I could have Prince back now that he's playing in Texas.
Perhaps. I think his numbers will be better, but he's still a player on the decline.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with Kinsler. He was a borderline keeper for me and I don't know what to make of the move to Detroit yet.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High run totals, less HR's and RBI most likely.

I dealt Fielder because he has been slowly declining but this move to Texas will help. I'm still very happy I have Corbin though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I traded for Prince because I knew the Rangers were gonna trade for him! Woo hoo!!!

lol jk.

I hope you're right GF. I believe! My bats sucked last year. Still happy to finish 2nd though. That was a chase! :)
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know it all depends on keepers but good chance Tanaka goes #1 overall correct?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-23-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I know it all depends on keepers but good chance Tanaka goes #1 overall correct?
It's possible, but I expect there will be a lot of other legitimate choices.

We've gotta get one more new member for this league. Suggestions?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It's possible, but I expect there will be a lot of other legitimate choices.

We've gotta get one more new member for this league. Suggestions?
I don't know but I'm beginning to get excited for the fantasy baseball season. Quick recap on how the offseason is working?

Who did you remove and add already? Disband the ESPN League and add BloodBrother?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-23-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
All I know is he won't get to me because I won SECOND PLACE!!!!

Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't know but I'm beginning to get excited for the fantasy baseball season. Quick recap on how the offseason is working?

Who did you remove and add already? Disband the ESPN League and add BloodBrother?
DJP and Max have withdrawn from the league voluntarily. Everyone else stays (unless something changed over the winter?).

Prince and Yoda opted to enter the re-distribution draft we discussed and debated at length. The existing rosters of those two, plus the two departing members will be pooled together for a 4-team draft of keepers prior to full league draft. I hope to conduct this draft in February.

We're each keeping 9 players.

As for my ESPN league that a few of you are members of, I am going to consider disbanding it, in which case I would invite someone from that league to fill the final slot here. IrishFan has already been brought aboard as one replacement owner.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DJP and Max have withdrawn from the league voluntarily. Everyone else stays (unless something changed over the winter?).

Prince and Yoda opted to enter the re-distribution draft we discussed and debated at length. The existing rosters of those two, plus the two departing members will be pooled together for a 4-team draft of keepers prior to full league draft. I hope to conduct this draft in February.

We're each keeping 9 players.

As for my ESPN league that a few of you are members of, I am going to consider disbanding it, in which case I would invite someone from that league to fill the final slot here. IrishFan has already been brought aboard as one replacement owner.
I'm not doing the ESPN league anymore. I found myself only caring about the league I was doing better in last season. Which turned out to be the ESPN league last year, and thus my participation and performance in this league suffered.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not doing the ESPN league anymore. I found myself only caring about the league I was doing better in last season. Which turned out to be the ESPN league last year, and thus my participation and performance in this league suffered.
Good. I prefer you to be fully invested in this league first and foremost (though I do want be in a second league this season again).
Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Weaaaaaaaak. I ******* love that league.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It was terribly boring. No one had interest in doing anything once the awesome draft ended.

And it was a massive, massive runaway in the standings.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This league is better. Can't wait to draft next month

Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was terribly boring. No one had interest in doing anything once the awesome draft ended.

And it was a massive, massive runaway in the standings.
Some of us were building for the future, bro. My team was on a collision course with the 2014 and 2015 titles.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Some of us were building for the future, bro. My team was on a collision course with the 2014 and 2015 titles.
Building for the future is stupid if you're completely sacrificing the first three years of the league. Some of you guys forgot you were playing fantasy baseball and not trying to assemble a Futures Game roster. We can continue it, but it's going to take a lot of work. You're welcome to be co-commish.

But I'm more worried about getting this league back running.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I loved the draft in the ESPN League but this Yahoo league for whatever reason I enjoy the most. Even before I had a good team in this league I still liked it better. Everyone participates and it's the smartest group of fantasy baseball GM's I've had the honor to play with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-23-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I loved the draft in the ESPN League but this Yahoo league for whatever reason I enjoy the most. Even before I had a good team in this league I still liked it better. Everyone participates and it's the smartest group of fantasy baseball GM's I've had the honor to play with.
There's nothing more fun than the inaugural draft for a keeper league. THe problem is sustaining interest from the bulk of the members.

This league has long been in good shape and will be again once we've got two new replacement members entrenched here.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

I feel like the format of the other league was specifically designed to be more fun down the road. Part of the fun is building up your prospect base and seeing it pay off. Also, as well as your roster was constructed, I don't think it'd remain that lopsided. There was actually a lot of competition for a lot of the categories you got 10 points in. A few fewer home runs, stolen bases, strikeouts and wins would have shaved some points off that lead.

Basically, I don't think the league is broken. I'm still prepared to commit myself to this league, but I'd hate to see it go.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I feel like the format of the other league was specifically designed to be more fun down the road. Part of the fun is building up your prospect base and seeing it pay off. Also, as well as your roster was constructed, I don't think it'd remain that lopsided. There was actually a lot of competition for a lot of the categories you got 10 points in. A few fewer home runs, stolen bases, strikeouts and wins would have shaved some points off that lead.

Basically, I don't think the league is broken. I'm still prepared to commit myself to this league, but I'd hate to see it go.
In leagues that don't have money on the line, I think sustaining interest and a high level of competitiveness is really tough. People weren't engaged in year one, why would their interest grow later? The answer: It wouldn't. Even when hoarding prospects begins to pay off, it's still not enough to rise up from the bottom.

Trust me, Irish. This league is that other ESPN league on steroids.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are doing 9 keepers and that is the final number. I need to go over who I'll keep.

I'll Keep for sure:

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Chris Sale
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Matt Kemp
1B Paul Goldschmidt
1B/OF Mark Turbo
3B Manny Machado
C Brian McCann

List of guys I'm considering:

SP Bronson Arroyo
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
RP Rex Brothers
SP Dylan Bundy
SP Bartolo Colón
SP Jorge De La Rosa
OF Andre Ethier
SP Matt Garza
2B/3B Jedd Gyorko
SP John Lackey
SP Francisco Liriano
RP Mark Melancon
IF/OF Martín Prado
OF Josh Reddick
RP Pedro Strop
2B Neil Walker
2B Rickie Weeks
OF Jayson Werth

Old 01-23-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Rickie Weeks, for sure.
Closed Thread