Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it because W's are getting scarce again in San Francisco?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This page alone has so much win.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
It would just be losing to the Lions, more than anything. Our season definitely wouldn't be over, although it would make it a lot harder to get a good seed.
I've become a lot less worried about seeds over the past several years. Higher seeds usually win, because they're usually better teams. That being said, there's precedent for good teams losing some close games and getting a lower seed, then "getting hot" at the right time and making a deep playoff run.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've become a lot less worried about seeds over the past several years. Higher seeds usually win, because they're usually better teams. That being said, there's precedent for good teams losing some close games and getting a lower seed, then "getting hot" at the right time and making a deep playoff run.
The Packers/Giants showed it's possible to go on the road for 3 games and win the Superbowl, but it's undoubtedly an big advantage to not have to do that. Being 3 games behind the Saints and Seawawks leaves us with little chance of getting the 1st or 2nd seed, and being 3 games behind the Lions means the odds are against us finishing first in the division. And plus, it's the Detroit Lions @ Lambeau. We just aren't meant to lose to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. 1-4 is a pretty big hole to climb out of.
1-3, we had our bye last week.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Packers/Giants showed it's possible to go on the road for 3 games and win the Superbowl, but it's undoubtedly an big advantage to not have to do that. Being 3 games behind the Saints and Seawawks leaves us with little chance of getting the 1st or 2nd seed, and being 3 games behind the Lions means the odds are against us finishing first in the division. And plus, it's the Detroit Lions @ Lambeau. We just aren't meant to lose to them.

1-3, we had out bye last week.
Oh man if Detroit wins this Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Oh man if Detroit wins this Sunday.
It would be as embarrassing as the Pats losing to the Jets or Bills.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-02-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It would be as embarrassing as the Pats losing to the Jets or Bills.
Why embarassing? It's not exactly the 2000-2010's Lions anymore.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Why embarassing? It's not exactly the 2000-2010's Lions anymore.
Wrong word. Depressing. But they're our division rivals and we're at home. Yeah, that would suck.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-02-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Is it because W's are getting scarce again in San Francisco?
LOL really? That's your crackback? Yeah, at 2-2 wins are getting scarce. SEASON OVER.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
right, i thought the discussion was if you lost to detroit.
If they lose to Detroit they'll be 1-3. Because this upcoming Thursday/Sunday/Monday is week 5 for the NFL and they've had a bye week. Meaning they've played 3 games and lost 2 of them. **** njx get it together.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
right, i thought the discussion was if you lost to detroit.
if we lost to Detroit we'd be 1-3.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-02-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Pretty confident there has never been a good matchup between these two teams. Maybe in the days of Jim Brown and Cookie Gilchrist, but I have my doubts.
Blizzard game of 2007.

Anyways, I am hoping Hoyer stays consistent and Gordon/Cameron have huge games. Buffalo has been getting shredded by receivers this year.

Also, I am banking on our defense playing a lights out game against a rookie QB, an injured Stevie Johnson and a banged up Spiller.

We shall see.

Edit : to the comment that Robert Woods will **** on our #2, Skrine was on and off covering AJ Green last week and looked fine. I'm not saying he's amazing but he has seemed to improve this year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 10-02-2013 at 12:27 PM.
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
then i have no idea what i was talking about.

though i would point out that 1-4 *is* a pretty big hole to climb out of, regardless of its relevance.
1-4 is a *huge* hole to climb out of, and 1-5 is almost insurmountable. As it stands right now, they have the same record that they had after three games last season.

Like I said earlier in the thread, 1-4 is where I start to worry (I would worry a lot sooner if the Packers were a weaker team). 1-4 through x-7 are when I freak out; 8 losses is when I start cheering for more losses and a higher draft pick, because I'm one of those fans.

Last edited by WCH : 10-02-2013 at 12:39 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luckily the Giants play in the NFC East, which I think is a combined 4-12 right now. They're only two games back from the division leader Dallas.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Houston restaurant offers a 'Matt Schaub' burger.

That's pretty cold right there. I don't see the Texans getting a whole lot better any time soon. Schaub can put up some numbers but they're never going to take it to the next level with him.

I'm feeling Johnny Manziel to the Texans. Could be a risk but big updise if it works.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Luckily the Giants play in the NFC East, which I think is a combined 4-12 right now. They're only two games back from the division leader Dallas.
I don't know if they can get 2 wins all season.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-02-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the Titans and Chiefs are a combined 7-1 going into their week five matchup. I would have punched someone in the face for predicting that before the season.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I can't believe the Titans and Chiefs are a combined 7-1 going into their week five matchup. I would have punched someone in the face for predicting that before the season.
Jeez, that seems a bit harsh!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
then i have no idea what i was talking about.

though i would point out that 1-4 *is* a pretty big hole to climb out of, regardless of its relevance.
your mom's a pretty big hole to climb out of regardless of relevance.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Old school joint of the day.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

EDIT: Nevermind.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-02-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote