Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,688
Reputation: 320830
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
The Cowboys selected Claiborne with the sixth overall pick in the 2012 draft, packaging their top two picks to move up eight spots to draft a cornerback their scouting department graded as the best college prospect since Deion Sanders.

The expectation was that Claiborne, a Jim Thorpe Award winner at LSU, would quickly develop into a playmaking shutdown cornerback. However, he has only one interception in 19 career games.

ProFootballFocus.com's play-by-play grades rank Claiborne 99th among 101 cornerbacks who have played at least 25 percent of their team's snaps this season. Claiborne finished his rookie season 83rd in the site's cornerback rankings.

According to ProFootballFocus.com, Claiborne has allowed 272 yards on 15-of-23 passing when targeted this season, including six catches for 115 yards on seven targets against the Chargers. Claiborne said he is thinking too much while on the field.
Now hes blaming being in a zone D. He hasnt been good in any D. He needs to man up and start balling

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...confidence-hit
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 10-01-2013 at 10:06 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
Reputation: 82060
dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Now hes blaming being in a zone D. He hasnt been good in any D. He needs to man up and start balling

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...confidence-hit
The only reason he's still on the field as much as he is is because of how highly touted he was. Huge bust so far. Doesn't mean he can't be any better, but is one of the worst corners in the league through his first 20 games.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
The only reason he's still on the field as much as he is is because of how highly touted he was. Huge bust so far. Doesn't mean he can't be any better, but is one of the worst corners in the league through his first 20 games.
I agree, perhaps they can work on his technique a bit but thus far he's been a bust, so much expectation and that will keep him out there but he just doesn't seem to have a feel for the position.
He plays tentative and more reactive than he should.
He has the measurables but seems to lack awareness and that aggressive(it's my ball)nature or instinct that great corners have. Get position on someone and jump a route, make a play on the ball when its in the air..I don't know somethings missing.

Last edited by Jas : 10-02-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

A counterpoint to the original mo article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowbo...-for-poor-play

Last edited by Jas : 10-02-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Also to switch topics for a minute, I like this philosophy and I think most of us would agree but I think it should be Murray and Dez vs Manning.

You need to establish an effective running game but you need to feed your #1 playmaker in a game like this, feature him as well, so running 25 to 30 times and when you throw it, target Dez 10-15 times, that could control the game if they can execute it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...5-0d332f07202a
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I haven't given up on Mo yet and I'm not happy about him being bashed even if he "deserves" it.

One of the main things that was said when we made the Monte hire (that I REALLY hated btw) was that his scheme didn't fit the CBs that we just acquired (at a high price). Kiffin then came out with the whole "study Seattle's defense" and that made me squash my dislike. I thought that if he could do that then I'd be excited for the change.

So far, I have to say that I don't see strong similarities in the way we play D compared to Seattle. Does anyone else? Please educate me if you do. Their corners are playing Man and Sherman and Browner are being successful. To me, we are still playing old fashion Tampa 2. There's nothing hybrid of our defense to liken it to Seattle.

Until we start playing our players to their strengths instead of trying to fit them in the scheme, then we are just doing a bad job at coaching. Rob Ryan ALWAYS adjusted his scheme to his players strengths. We lost a great one in him. Saints are 4-0 and their defense has been A LOT better than preseason projections. Now we're with Monte trying to fit square pegs into round holes because he wants to run "his scheme". Maybe he's trying to make a point that the defense he fathered can still work in this league. If so, that sounds like a personal agenda to me.

I've been happy with the play of our front 7 for the first 3 games. Love their swarming nature. Last Sunday was atrocious across the board and my main fears of Monte's D haven't been tested yet. I want to see how his defense will work against Philly and Washington before I start to solidify my opinion of him.

But right now, I'm really 50/50 with him. Being the biggest Rob Ryan fan, I hope Kiffin starts to turn this team around because I thought firing Rob was a scapegoat excuse by this organization. The core of the problem was in Offensive playcalling.... and what do you know? It's worst this year. Go figure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,688
Reputation: 320830
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I haven't given up on Mo yet and I'm not happy about him being bashed even if he "deserves" it.

One of the main things that was said when we made the Monte hire (that I REALLY hated btw) was that his scheme didn't fit the CBs that we just acquired (at a high price). Kiffin then came out with the whole "study Seattle's defense" and that made me squash my dislike. I thought that if he could do that then I'd be excited for the change.

So far, I have to say that I don't see strong similarities in the way we play D compared to Seattle. Does anyone else? Please educate me if you do. Their corners are playing Man and Sherman and Browner are being successful. To me, we are still playing old fashion Tampa 2. There's nothing hybrid of our defense to liken it to Seattle.

Until we start playing our players to their strengths instead of trying to fit them in the scheme, then we are just doing a bad job at coaching. Rob Ryan ALWAYS adjusted his scheme to his players strengths. We lost a great one in him. Saints are 4-0 and their defense has been A LOT better than preseason projections. Now we're with Monte trying to fit square pegs into round holes because he wants to run "his scheme". Maybe he's trying to make a point that the defense he fathered can still work in this league. If so, that sounds like a personal agenda to me.

I've been happy with the play of our front 7 for the first 3 games. Love their swarming nature. Last Sunday was atrocious across the board and my main fears of Monte's D haven't been tested yet. I want to see how his defense will work against Philly and Washington before I start to solidify my opinion of him.

But right now, I'm really 50/50 with him. Being the biggest Rob Ryan fan, I hope Kiffin starts to turn this team around because I thought firing Rob was a scapegoat excuse by this organization. The core of the problem was in Offensive playcalling.... and what do you know? It's worst this year. Go figure.
Tampa bay, Arizona, and Miami arent exactly big time offenses. Beating Atlanta was impressive although Jackson had 7 YPC and Ryan threw for over 300 yards (speaking of Rob Ryan.) As far as MO, he sucked under Ryan's system too. Last year he had 1 pick and 8 breakups, not exacxtly big time. He seems to be fragile and hes not a playmaker. Im not giving up on him either but if he doesnt turn it around I dont know if I'd resign him.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Tampa bay, Arizona, and Miami arent exactly big time offenses. Beating Atlanta was impressive although Jackson had 7 YPC and Ryan threw for over 300 yards (speaking of Rob Ryan.) As far as MO, he sucked under Ryan's system too. Last year he had 1 pick and 8 breakups, not exacxtly big time. He seems to be fragile and hes not a playmaker. Im not giving up on him either but if he doesnt turn it around I dont know if I'd resign him.
He didn't suck under Rob. If that was true where was all this crying in the offseason about him?

Let me remind you... the Saints defense was a known weakness for their team going into the season. Say all you want about those teams they beat having weaknesses on offense. The Saints defense was supposed to suck this year. Their 2 OLBs are Junior Galette and Parys Haralson. I wonder the bashing Jerry would have if those were our 3-4 OLBs. Jabari Greer... Keenan Lewis at CB. Eeesh. Rob always seems to play defense with one hand tied and still does a great job.

Nobody played beneath their abilities with Rob. He got every ounce he could out of the guys he had. Some of them just sucked. But even then, he made the right kind of adjustments to keep this team in games and our offense a chance to win. Not his fault the defense would get a turnover just to see Romo give it right back.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-02-2013 at 02:06 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

D unit and Pocketaces both make interesting points, I'm not giving up on him yet either but so far to me, he's been okay(last year) and bad(so far this season).

I expected more maybe that was the problem but when you're the 6th pick in the draft and people start throwing around deion sanders comparisons...
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,688
Reputation: 320830
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He didn't suck under Rob. If that was true where was all this crying in the offseason about him?

Let me remind you... the Saints defense was a known weakness for their team going into the season. Say all you want about those teams they beat having weaknesses on offense. The Saints defense was supposed to suck this year. Their 2 OLBs are Junior Galette and Parys Haralson. I wonder the bashing Jerry would have if those were our 3-4 OLBs. Jabari Greer... Keenan Lewis at CB. Eeesh. Rob always seems to play defense with one hand tied and still does a great job.

Nobody played beneath their abilities with Rob. He got every ounce he could out of the guys he had. Some of them just sucked. But even then, he made the right kind of adjustments to keep this team in games and our offense a chance to win. Not his fault the defense would get a turnover just to see Romo give it right back.
People werent bitching last year because he was a rookie and came in injured. This year was supposed to be a better year but combined with what he did last year, or didnt do, it makes you wonder if he'll ever live up to his draft status. Im not the one who was comparing him to Deion, but that comparison is an insult to the Sanders family, I mean its not close...
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,297
Reputation: 1386959
Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Claiborne was disappointing last year as well. Lets not pretend the problem is that we changed coordinators.

No one was up in arms because he was a rookie adjusting to the NFL after being unable to participate during preseason. He hasn't taken the step everyone expects out of the 6th overall pick and best CB in his draft class. That's ALL on Claiborne. The fact he's making excuses when everyone around him is saying he needs to improve and fight through it reflects poorly on his character IMHO.

Rob can be thankful he has D-Unit to consistently make excuses for why his units can never reliably generate turnovers. Or perhaps the way his defenses folded in the last minutes on every single opportunity for us. Must be a the players and not a reflection of the great Rob Ryan.


Also is anyone not shocked that D continues to take blind pot-shots about Romo? He's about as predictable as Bob in terms of his trolling.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
People werent bitching last year because he was a rookie and came in injured. This year was supposed to be a better year but combined with what he did last year, or didnt do, it makes you wonder if he'll ever live up to his draft status. Im not the one who was comparing him to Deion, but that comparison is an insult to the Sanders family, I mean its not close...
Going back to the draft I remember thinking wow to make that comparison(deion) is kind of pushing it, I can't say I bought into that hyperbole.
But it doesn't help the scenario we're in now when you throw those accolades around.

I'm not sure anyone will ever be the cover man sanders was, I found it insulting then. Primetime was on another level.

I was hoping he'd be an upgrade over another dissapointing 1st round corner Mike Jenkins but now I'm not sure.

Last edited by Jas : 10-02-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
People werent bitching last year because he was a rookie and came in injured. This year was supposed to be a better year but combined with what he did last year, or didnt do, it makes you wonder if he'll ever live up to his draft status. Im not the one who was comparing him to Deion, but that comparison is an insult to the Sanders family, I mean its not close...
Nobody here ever called him Deion. Maybe Jerry did, but who takes his words seriously when he's complimenting his player? Jerry's compliments of his players are always absurd. Have you heard him talk about Romo? Good lawd.

This year he's been asked to play more zone than man compared to last year. ...and last year was a natural growing year. I have full confidence in believing that as a man cover CB that Mo would be playing better this year.

Quote:
"Now we're basically a zone team. You have to play within that zone. Everything is new to everybody. When guys come in and hit those big dig routes in between the zones, then of course the corner's there, so they're going to say, 'Oh, yeah, that's the corner.'

"It's still a transition. When we were in press, just faced up man to man, they only hit one ball on me. But overall, I think all my big plays come within the zone."
Rivers only made one hit against him in man. Zone is another story. That's not his forte. We've known that. You don't draft a CB with the 6th pick of the draft unless he can excel in press man. Heck, you don't draft a 1st round CB unless you feel like you can put him on an island and trust him alone in man coveage. Zone coverage CBs don't need to be elite physical sets... that's why they can be found later in the draft. Man coverage CBs need to be elite specimens to be able to hang with WRs 1 on 1.

That's why I think Kiffin needs to make adjustments. I always believe in putting your players in position they excel best and that means adjusting scheme if you have to. You mask weakness, not force scheme. If Kiffin doesn't adjust and continues to put Mo in the fire as a part of his "learning curve" then we're gonna pay for it.

Against Denver, you better believe Peyton will pick apart zone coverage and hit those soft spots. We need to sick Carr and Claiborne against their WRs mano a mano in order to have a better shot at stopping them. We have the players to do it. Carr on Thomas, Mo on Decker and Scandrick on Welker. In man I think we have a fighting chance. Julius Thomas is a huge wild card though. He could really go off if we drop our Safeties back in zone and have to rely on our LBs to cover him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nobody here ever called him Deion. Maybe Jerry did, but who takes his words seriously when he's complimenting his player? Jerry's compliments of his players are always absurd. Have you heard him talk about Romo? Good lawd.

This year he's been asked to play more zone than man compared to last year. ...and last year was a natural growing year. I have full confidence in believing that as a man cover CB that Mo would be playing better this year.



Rivers only made one hit against him in man. Zone is another story. That's not his forte. We've known that. You don't draft a CB with the 6th pick of the draft unless he can excel in press man. Heck, you don't draft a 1st round CB unless you feel like you can put him on an island and trust him alone in man coveage. Zone coverage CBs don't need to be elite physical sets... that's why they can be found later in the draft. Man coverage CBs need to be elite specimens to be able to hang with WRs 1 on 1.

That's why I think Kiffin needs to make adjustments. I always believe in putting your players in position they excel best and that means adjusting scheme if you have to. You mask weakness, not force scheme. If Kiffin doesn't adjust and continues to put Mo in the fire as a part of his "learning curve" then we're gonna pay for it.

Against Denver, you better believe Peyton will pick apart zone coverage and hit those soft spots. We need to sick Carr and Claiborne against their WRs mano a mano in order to have a better shot at stopping them. We have the players to do it. Carr on Thomas, Mo on Decker and Scandrick on Welker. In man I think we have a fighting chance. Julius Thomas is a huge wild card though. He could really go off if we drop our Safeties back in zone and have to rely on our LBs to cover him.
If thats the case then let him play man, I mean thats what Sanders did, while the rest of the D played zone back in the day.

I just don't know if he has the instincts to go get the ball. He seemed to have had it at LSU.

And I do agree we should play man vs. Manning it's the best way to approach it, keep it simple, this way you can get your hands on the receivers and knock them off their rhythm.

Last edited by Jas : 10-02-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Claiborne was disappointing last year as well. Lets not pretend the problem is that we changed coordinators.

No one was up in arms because he was a rookie adjusting to the NFL after being unable to participate during preseason. He hasn't taken the step everyone expects out of the 6th overall pick and best CB in his draft class. That's ALL on Claiborne. The fact he's making excuses when everyone around him is saying he needs to improve and fight through it reflects poorly on his character IMHO.

Rob can be thankful he has D-Unit to consistently make excuses for why his units can never reliably generate turnovers. Or perhaps the way his defenses folded in the last minutes on every single opportunity for us. Must be a the players and not a reflection of the great Rob Ryan.


Also is anyone not shocked that D continues to take blind pot-shots about Romo? He's about as predictable as Bob in terms of his trolling.

Kiffin has only had 1 bad game so far and I'm thankful for that. The turnovers are nice, but the yardage he gives up is atrocious. Rob didn't have the TOs, but he adjusted with the injuries he was faced with. Unable to blitz like he wanted, he had to resort to bend but don't break. That kept our yardage down but TOs were harder to come by.

It's not just me calling Rob great. The Cowboys players have consistently brought him up even this year after he has left.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Are we gonna get to see Dez vs. Champ !!!??
Looking forward to that matchup.

Last edited by Jas : 10-02-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
If thats the case then let him play man, I mean thats what Sanders did, while the rest of the D played zone back in the day.

I just don't know if he has the instincts to go get the ball. He seemed to have had it at LSU.

And I do agree we should play man vs. Manning it's the best way to approach it, keep it simple, this way you can get your hands on the receivers and knock them off their rhythm.
That's what I was hoping for from the start... and that's what we were lead to believe was going to happen when Carr was told by Kiffin to study up on Seattle. But we haven't been playing physical man coverage like Seattle likes to do. One of the main complaints about the Kiffin hire was "Did we just waste our investments in our $50M dollar CB and 1st round CB with this transition to the Tampa2?"

Kiffin promised that he would adjust and use them like Seattle and Chicago, but that hasn't been the case at all. The NFL has changed. The Tampa2 in it's pure form doesn't work as well. DBs cannot be used as rocket launchers sent to destroy receivers and jar the ball loose, which is what is asked when covering your zone. They just get flagged for any type of vicious hit. You get more swarming to the ball in zone but the passing coverage takes a huge hit by smart QBs who know how to pick it apart. If old man Kiffin thinks he can play that old style Tampa2 and not make adjustments then we're in for another long offseason.

We bought Ferraris and are driving them through 25 mile an hour neighborhood districts instead of letting them loose on the freeway.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's what I was hoping for from the start... and that's what we were lead to believe was going to happen when Carr was told by Kiffin to study up on Seattle. But we haven't been playing physical man coverage like Seattle likes to do. One of the main complaints about the Kiffin hire was "Did we just waste our investments in our $50M dollar CB and 1st round CB with this transition to the Tampa2?"

Kiffin promised that he would adjust and use them like Seattle and Chicago, but that hasn't been the case at all. The NFL has changed. The Tampa2 in it's pure form doesn't work as well. DBs cannot be used as rocket launchers sent to destroy receivers and jar the ball loose, which is what is asked when covering your zone. They just get flagged for any type of vicious hit. You get more swarming to the ball in zone but the passing coverage takes a huge hit by smart QBs who know how to pick it apart. If old man Kiffin thinks he can play that old style Tampa2 and not make adjustments then we're in for another long offseason.

We bought Ferraris and are driving them through 25 mile an hour neighborhood districts instead of letting them loose on the freeway.
Not to mention in regards to this week the cover 2 in it's classic sense, Peyton knows all too well from his days with dungy in Indy..we have to get creative or he'll tear it up.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Not to mention in regards to this week the cover 2 in it's classic sense, Peyton knows all too well from his days with dungy in Indy..we have to get creative or he'll tear it up.
Good point! Slipped my mind that Peyton has insiders blueprint to beat this D.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,173
Reputation: 99215
Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm interested to see how well Dez does against Champ, these are the kinda matchups that made Irvin(when he battled the Deions, Darrell Greens and Eric Allens of the league).
Well providing they throw Dez the ball more than 5 times.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 222
Reputation: -13602
BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll
Default

The only reason our scouting department thought Claiborne was the best CB since Deion Sanders is they suck at their jobs.

Just saying.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 222
Reputation: -13602
BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll
Default

Want to see what happens this week after we lose 42-10 versus the Broncos but Romo throws 24-28 for 172 yards and 1 TD with no INT.

QBR like 130.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCowboysTroll View Post
The only reason our scouting department thought Claiborne was the best CB since Deion Sanders is they suck at their jobs.

Just saying.
I had Janoris Jenkins at the top of my list. But I'm pretty sure all 32 teams had Claiborne #1 or #2 on thier CB rankings. Draft community loved our move up to take Claiborne.

I notice you like to take shots at guys down in the moment rather than to give them a full chance, so don't worry. We get how irrelevant your comment is.

Good for a funny!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58,809
Reputation: 2190609
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCowboysTroll View Post
Want to see what happens this week after we lose 42-10 versus the Broncos but Romo throws 24-28 for 172 yards and 1 TD with no INT.

QBR like 130.
Pretty sure we're gonna win. Will that make you sad?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,190
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I have a general division question. How did our division get so bad? We are supposed to be the NFC East yet all our teams are hurting. I know for us how we became bad, but what about everyone else? I feel like we went from a feared division to a punch line.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.