Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
yeah, it still should be under warranty as long as you didn't root it or anything like that. Generally factory warranties last a year, which is why i don't believe in buying extended warranties.
You are crazy if you think Factory Warranties cover much. Sure I might sound like a brainwashed asshole but I will NEVER buy a phone, tablet or laptop without a plan anymore.

After years and years of dealing with customers that come back in and ***** about not having the protection plan and the Factory Warranty being garbage. I will not go without it now.

I have broken my Galaxy Nexus ohhh 3-4 times now (Usually I am really careful) and through Best Buy have gotten it taken care of for only like $7 a month. So for the $168 I have spent on that plan I have a new charger, battery and my phone taken care of 3-4 times. I think that is a win.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An Android not working?

This is my shocked face.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A piece of technology not working? That never happens to anyone! Especially not Apple products (even though my iPhone is almost unusable and they won't replace it).

There needs to be a meme for that.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are crazy if you think Factory Warranties cover much. Sure I might sound like a brainwashed asshole but I will NEVER buy a phone, tablet or laptop without a plan anymore.

After years and years of dealing with customers that come back in and ***** about not having the protection plan and the Factory Warranty being garbage. I will not go without it now.

I have broken my Galaxy Nexus ohhh 3-4 times now (Usually I am really careful) and through Best Buy have gotten it taken care of for only like $7 a month. So for the $168 I have spent on that plan I have a new charger, battery and my phone taken care of 3-4 times. I think that is a win.
Friend's Nexus was behaving weirdly. Mailed it in to Google, got a new one back in about two weeks.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're such an android fanboy Forenci.

Just when you have a good opinion in the Giants team forum you have to follow it up with a terrible opinion in the off topic forum.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Just when you have a good opinion in the Giants team forum you have to follow it up with a terrible opinion in the off topic forum.
Isn't there an Apple thread in this forum? It shouldn't take an Apple Genius to find their way to the correct forum to post in.

When you are ready to buy products for their usability and technical specifications as opposed to marketing you can come back to the grown ups table. Until then why not head over to the kiddie table with the hipsters and stay-at-home moms.

Here: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=34061&page=15

Last edited by Trogdor : 10-03-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Isn't there an Apple thread in this forum? It shouldn't take an Apple Genius to find their way to the correct forum to post in.

When you are ready to buy products for their usability and technical specifications as opposed to marketing you can come back to the grown ups table. Until then why not head over to the kiddie table with the hipsters and stay-at-home moms.

Here: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=34061&page=15
Brb, I'm gonna go play on my iPhone while you reboot your Android.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best buy is terrible they can suck a fat d, had the 2 year replacement warranty and brought in my 1500 camera for a simple dead pixel repair they sent it back completely broken and blames it on me. It took 3-4 months of arguing back and forth up until I threaten to get a lawyer involved to get a replacement and not actually a replacement I got a 2k camera in return since mine was out of date. If it would've just been handled the week that it happened maybe I wouldn't hate them so much.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i'm not a fan of best buy either. I've never had a problem with factory warranties. I had an HP laptop a few years ago where the screen would randomly shut off (within the first year of buying it), I called hp and asked what I can do, they did some remote access to test a few things and then they said to send it in (this was after I bought a 2 year replacement plan from best buy) They sent me a box and a mailing label all for free. I sent it in, got it back two weeks later and it was fixed. Never had the problem again. they determined it was some sort flaw with the screen hinge mechanism that was causing the screen to go off. The best part? The worthless 2 year replacement plan that I bought from best buy would have taken 6 weeks to get my computer back.

I've also bought several phones from verizon and they will replace the phone if it is manufacturer defect within a year. Forenci's issue doesn't sound like it is due to abuse of the device, (such as yours, cain). So google SHOULD replace it. If they don't, escalate it to a supervisor.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who buys **** at best buy anymore?
I mostly buy online nowadays. But I have come to the conclusion that only stupid people that don't know what they are looking for buy from best buy. I hate shopping from best buy because their customer service is ******* awful and everything is overpriced.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazon for everything unless i find a killer deal somewhere else. Their customer service has quickly handled almost all my problems. 2 day prime shipping has ruined my expectaions about shipping times.

Best Buy is only if I want to test something I'm going to buy on amazon later. Amazon will help more if the item fails or I want to return it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I buy things from Best Buy occasionally.

...after shopping around online and price matching. It's seriously not a bad place if you can get something you want for a fair price and get the hell out. **** waiting for shipping if you don't have to. Unfortunately, they tend not to have a ton of the stuff I buy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only buy phones there anymore.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't understand how I can be a fan boy when I willingly left to buy an iPhone. iPhone turned out to be extremely overrated.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't understand how I can be a fan boy when I willingly left to buy an iPhone. iPhone turned out to be extremely overrated.
Because you were looking for reasons to hate it from the moment you got it. Saying stuff like I wish I could hide the apple on the back plate, constantly acting so guilty that you bought an iPhone etc.

You're an Android fanboy. It's obvious. You make excuses for your Android products when they work like crap then turn around and rip on any Apple product you own if they don't work properly.

Instead of appreciating your products for what they are, you buy into the stereotypes that come with them and try to dissociate yourself from the ones you don't like. Stop being a fanboy and take the product for what it is.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because you were looking for reasons to hate it from the moment you got it. Saying stuff like I wish I could hide the apple on the back plate, constantly acting so guilty that you bought an iPhone etc.

You're an Android fanboy. It's obvious. You make excuses for your Android products when they work like crap then turn around and rip on any Apple product you own if they don't work properly.

Instead of appreciating your products for what they are, you buy into the stereotypes that come with them and try to dissociate yourself from the ones you don't like. Stop being a fanboy and take the product for what it is.
My first smartphone was an iPhone. I've gone back and forth over the years just to "switch it up". I wouldn't mind a 5s but I'm not paying 600 bucks for a phone (I have a balling 30 dollar unlimited plan with T-Mobile). Neither suck but one isn't "clearly better than the other" either.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The only reason why I would ever go back to Android is for 1 of the following reasons:

1. The Nexus that comes out the same time as the 6 blows the 6 out of the water.

2. I leave Verizon and buy a phone full price. I can't pay 800 bucks for an iPhone. I love the iPhone, but at that price it's not worth it. I refuse.

That's pretty much it.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only reason why I would ever go back to Android is for 1 of the following reasons:

1. The Nexus that comes out the same time as the 6 blows the 6 out of the water.

2. I leave Verizon and buy a phone full price. I can't pay 800 bucks for an iPhone. I love the iPhone, but at that price it's not worth it. I refuse.

That's pretty much it.
Yeah I pretty much went option 2 and will most likely own a nexus the rest of my life
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Yeah I pretty much went option 2 and will most likely own a nexus the rest of my life
If I ever buy a phone full price that's probably what I'm gonna do.

My days on Verizon might not last much longer.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Apple nut hugger passing judgment on others. Hilarious.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

At least I like products that don't suck.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just switched over to android after being a loyal Apple guy for the past 4 years. Opted to go for the Moto X...because of a couple of reasons.

Iphone 5s was 3-4 weeks wait. Even longer for the champagne phone I really wanted.

This caused me to do some more research into the available phones. I learned that 5s had a weak battery and wouldn't last through the whole day. This was reason #1 why I loved my iphone 4s. Charging it daily was not required.

Initial thoughts on my android are pretty good. The UI has came a long ways. Also getting a clean install of android as the first motorola phone that has went out since they were acquired by google was a nice touch.

Still don't have a clue how to do many advanced things on it...but a couple of pro's cons from my experience.

Android
The notification center is top notch. In 4 years using the iphone i maybe used the notification center once a month. I can see why...it was nowhere close to as useful as the android notification center. Never tried IOS7...but seems from what I read that androids gap got even bigger since I'm not the type of person that has a full schedule.

Iphone
Copy and Paste....not sure how android hasn't stolen the press and hold to copy/paste...but that was one of the biggest things I noticed moving from apple to android. Apple nailed this...droid copy/paste is a pain in comparison.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I have the droid maxx which is pretty much the same as the moto x, aside from the soft home back and multi task buttons, and I have no problem with copy/paste.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Copy paste has worked fine on every Android device I've owned, including the G1. Haven't tried the Moto X, but considering it's just vanilla Android, it should be the same.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-07-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Nexus 5 supposedly drops on the 14th. I was all in at first, but I'm starting to question if it's actually a good value for me. I use my phone all the time...which is part of the issue really. The Galaxy S2 with cyanogenmod is still getting the vast majority of what I actually use it for done at an acceptable rate. I sort of would like a handheld device that would work well with emulators(which the Nexus 5 certainly appears to have the power to do) and read books(which the screen size wouldn't be ideal for), but there appears to be better and cheaper options out there for that. I don't know. Gadget lust has been a powerful draw for me in the past, but I just have a hard time justifying $400 for texting and the internet in the bathroom.

R.I.P. Junior Seau