Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Oakland eying Ugoh?

http://ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

Quote:
Arkansas tackle Tony Ugoh told the New York Times his pre-draft tour included a Bay Area stop to talk with both the Raiders and 49ers. He was driven by a Raiders employee from the 49ers facility to Alameda and said he was given a small suitcase filled with a jumpsuit, shirts and an Oakland draft-day cap.

Ugoh said he took a written personality test, talked with offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and assistant line coach James Cregg, who reviewed his SEC game against LSU.

On his way out, there was one more surprise - Al Davis.

According to Ugoh, Davis said, "Is this who I think it is? Tony Ugoh from Arkansas, right?"

Ugoh said it was true. He said Davis asked him, "You're from Brooklyn, right? He was like, `Yep, I'm the king of Brooklyn.' We just started laughing . . . He was amazing. He had a great personality and was real fun to talk to."

Ugoh could be available when the Raiders make their second-round pick.
Scott has us taken him in his mock as well, sounds like our second round pick is much less of a mystery than our first.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he will be our 2nd if we draft russell in the 1st. jarrett could mayb be to?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

kalil would be hard to pass up is he was there tho...but id be ok if we got ugoh.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I hope not.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfanxxx View Post
kalil would be hard to pass up is he was there tho...but id be ok if we got ugoh.

Kalil/Ugoh - either way it looks like we're probably going to draft an OL in the 2nd. As long as it's not the 1st. If we end up with Joe Thomas I will be pissed.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not sold on you guys taking Kalil in round 2, but only time will tell.

That being said, the thing is, Ugoh might not be there for you guys at the start of round 2. We'll have to see how it plays out.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm still not sold on you guys taking Kalil in round 2, but only time will tell.

That being said, the thing is, Ugoh might not be there for you guys at the start of round 2. We'll have to see how it plays out.
I don't see both of them gone though. Whichever one that's left I expect we will pick.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

I'm not sure I see offensive line at all. Kalil would be nice, and he'd give us a lot of flexibility with the offensive line, but unless Kiffin really campaigns for him I think he's a remote chance.

I'd be disapointed with Ugoh as a pick. In the scheme being run, I think he'd be more of a right-side tackle (I'm not entirely convinced he has a future on the left side), and I think picking up one of the defensive ends bound to tumble would be a smarter idea.

For some reason Eric Wright wouldn't suprise me in the least.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sounds like another Al Davis pre-draft performance to me.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my problem with our OL is the moving of Gallery to RT. i'd like him to play LT next season. so we can draft Blalock or Ugoh for the RT.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

I think we need to let him play RT for a year and let him rebuild a little confidence before we do anything else with him. Sims, with decent coaching, should be adequate at LT. We brought in a couple of blocking TEs, and Griff will provide some quality blocking in the backfield. If we use a lot of max-pro, like we did in '02, we should be able to run an effective offense...provided the run blocking actually reaches junior college quality.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
my problem with our OL is the moving of Gallery to RT. i'd like him to play LT next season. so we can draft Blalock or Ugoh for the RT.
Blalock can play OT in a pinch, but there is no way I'd want him there for every game.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I think we need to let him play RT for a year and let him rebuild a little confidence before we do anything else with him.
If we move him, we need to move him for good. Letting him "rebuild confidence" seems like a suspect strategy. Right now he and Sims are competing for the job on the left-side. If Gallery loses, he's a RT for good in my opinion. This team needs to move on.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I dont like Ugoh much at all.At this point our interior looks good and theres no one at OT thats worth the #33 overall pick.I guess it depends on who we draft in the 1st but if we go QB I would like to go DE in round two.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
skatman
Rookie

skatman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I'm not sure I see offensive line at all. Kalil would be nice, and he'd give us a lot of flexibility with the offensive line, but unless Kiffin really campaigns for him I think he's a remote chance.

I'd be disapointed with Ugoh as a pick. In the scheme being run, I think he'd be more of a right-side tackle (I'm not entirely convinced he has a future on the left side), and I think picking up one of the defensive ends bound to tumble would be a smarter idea.

For some reason Eric Wright wouldn't suprise me in the least.
Agree across the board.

Plus, I hate that every scouting report talks about Ugoh as guy more interested in track and field.

The Kalil thing, I just don't see another young interior lineman joining this team.
skatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
If we move him, we need to move him for good. Letting him "rebuild confidence" seems like a suspect strategy. Right now he and Sims are competing for the job on the left-side. If Gallery loses, he's a RT for good in my opinion. This team needs to move on.
I really don't have a sound enough argument to make disagreeing with you worth the effort.

Next time, MoonDuck. Next time...