Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB's are a dime a dozen. What are we going to do with both Wilson and Tate next year?

If no one wants to give up that much for Nicks then we keep him and try to make a run next year. It's the NFL you can rebuild in a year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
RB's are a dime a dozen. What are we going to do with both Wilson and Tate next year?

If no one wants to give up that much for Nicks then we keep him and try to make a run next year. It's the NFL you can rebuild in a year.
Yeah, but he's gonna be wanting silly money compared to he's worth. He'll be looking at the cruz contract and say that's not enough, he's "just" a slot reciever. I honestly see no possible way he stays here next year, so I would rather trade him for the best pick we can get for next season. It also helps us lose as many games as possible this season.

But I understand your reasoning behind not wanting to trade for a running back, unless it's Adrian Peterson.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have no idea how much he's going to ask for. If he does ask for too much than Reese deems he's worth then yeah we'll let him walk. It's not like Nicks can point to this great production the last year and a half though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he gets a huge contract then we get the comp pick. He's worth keeping around if we can manage it. Remember DeSean pulled the same stunt with Philly 2 years ago and he's been great since he got paid.

I see Nicks situation playing out the same way.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If he gets a huge contract then we get the comp pick. He's worth keeping around if we can manage it. Remember DeSean pulled the same stunt with Philly 2 years ago and he's been great since he got paid.

I see Nicks situation playing out the same way.

About the comp pick, that's a good point, hadn't thought about that. He will probably get a huge contract in FA, so if we decide to trade him we shouldn't accept anything less than a high third round pick.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do y'all really think Nicks will get a huge contract in FA? Between the injuries, the jogging and the poor season I see a lot of teams hesitating on handing him huge money. Which is why ultimately I think he'll be back even if he tests FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will. Bowe got one. DeSean got one. Nicks should get one. Someone will gamble on him.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just see him "settling" for something around what Cruz got, maybe even less, because only the most desperate of teams are offering him more in FA.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will make the mistake of overpaying for past production rather than future production on their investment in him. I can see Dave G., the Panthers GM, making a hard push for Nicks. Bring him back to his home state and have him be opposite Smith.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks is going to Carolina.

I've settled on Moore JPP and Clowney being the next strahan Osi and tuck so it's cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney is going to the Raiders. When we beat them, they will be ahead of us. If we lose to them, then who knows. But I don't see us losing to them unless we are THAT bad.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The Raiders have 2 more wins than us. We have no place to predict who we are going to beat until we show we're not a pathetic team on Sunday.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The Raiders have 2 more wins than us. We have no place to predict who we are going to beat until we show we're not a pathetic team on Sunday.
Quote:

6 Sun, Oct 13

@
Kansas City

1:00 PM CBS 1,468 available from $46
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 27

vs
Pittsburgh

4:05 PM CBS 3,973 available from $85
9 Sun, Nov 3

vs
Philadelphia

4:05 PM FOX 4,261 available from $45
10 Sun, Nov 10

@
New York

1:00 PM CBS 3,864 available from $40
11 Sun, Nov 17

@
Houston

1:00 PM CBS 4,570 available from $31
12 Sun, Nov 24

vs
Tennessee

4:05 PM CBS 6,497 available from $26
13 Thu, Nov 28

@
Dallas

4:30 PM CBS 11,688 available from $34
14 Sun, Dec 8

@
New York

1:00 PM CBS 10,689 available from $31
15 Sun, Dec 15

vs
Kansas City

4:05 PM CBS 6,332 available from $22
16 Sun, Dec 22

@
San Diego

4:25 PM CBS 8,621 available from $50
17 Sun, Dec 29

vs
Denver

4:25 PM CBS 7,641 available from $37

SD and Tenn maybe.. 4 wins total?

We will see if we can beat them. I think when it's all said and done we will be a pick or two behind them.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Clowney is going to the Raiders. When we beat them, they will be ahead of us. If we lose to them, then who knows. But I don't see us losing to them unless we are THAT bad.
I could see Pryor tearing us up with his legs and us losing that game pretty easily.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I could see Pryor tearing us up with his legs and us losing that game pretty easily.
I mean I wouldn't put it past us to lose that game. That's a game I think we can win. If not, then maybe we go 0-16. I highly, highly doubt it though. I think we win against Oakland AT METLIFE too. So, I expect that game being our 1st win.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I want us to go 3-13 so we firmly secure the #2 pick in the draft. Let's face it, Jacksonville has the #1 pick on lock. They might be the 2nd 0-16 team in NFL history, they're awful.

3 wins gets us the 2nd pick bc of strength of schedule.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Jags schedule. I don't think they can win a game personally.

Quote:
6 Sun, Oct 13

@
Denver

4:05 PM CBS 1,321 available from $80
7 Sun, Oct 20

vs
San Diego

1:00 PM CBS 2,927 available from $12
8 Sun, Oct 27

vs
San Francisco

1:00 PM FOX 657 available from $129
9 BYE WEEK
10 Sun, Nov 10

@
Tennessee

1:00 PM CBS 3,534 available from $19
11 Sun, Nov 17

vs
Arizona

1:00 PM FOX 3,436 available from $13
12 Sun, Nov 24

@
Houston

1:00 PM CBS 5,637 available from $39
13 Sun, Dec 1

@
Cleveland

1:00 PM CBS 5,982 available from $17
14 Thu, Dec 5

vs
Houston

8:25 PM NFL 3,309 available from $17
15 Sun, Dec 15

vs
Buffalo

1:00 PM CBS 2,901 available from $12
16 Sun, Dec 22

vs
Tennessee

1:00 PM CBS 3,436 available from $13
17 Sun, Dec 29

@
Indianapolis

1:00 PM CBS 5,112 available from $21
Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I want us to go 3-13 so we firmly secure the #2 pick in the draft. Let's face it, Jacksonville has the #1 pick on lock. They might be the 2nd 0-16 team in NFL history, they're awful.

3 wins gets us the 2nd pick bc of strength of schedule.
Me too, but let's see how it plays out. I think a lot can happen to expect the # 2 pick. I am thinking top 5, but won't settle on where in the top 5
Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
SD and Tenn maybe.. 4 wins total?

We will see if we can beat them. I think when it's all said and done we will be a pick or two behind them.
NYJ and Pitt too. I could see the Raiders with as many as 6 wins this season

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
NYJ and Pitt too. I could see the Raiders with as many as 6 wins this season
I thought of the Jets but their D is holding them in games. if they can stay close, they can beat the Raiders. I think Pitt can get Oakland, and maybe the Browns. They play the Jets too. So I don't know it's hard to see. I think it will be very close.

Only sure thing is the Jags schedule. I don't think they win a single game.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I know there has been much consternation with your OL. PFF ranked the 1st Quarter OLs. Time to dump Will Beatty.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...first-quarter/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes they should totally dump Will Beatty just cause pff said so.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Yes they should totally dump Will Beatty just cause pff said so.
Hey, he could always pull a Doug Free. PFF said he sucked too, but he turned it around. At least you have faith. Gotta admire that. I didn't have it with Free.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Guys I know there has been much consternation with your OL. PFF ranked the 1st Quarter OLs. Time to dump Will Beatty.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...first-quarter/
Meh, Beatty was phenomenal last year, and while he's struggled some this year legitimately, I can't really fault him for not playing his best when the interior OL is getting dominated so thoroughly on every snap and Myers may be the worst blocking TE i've seen wear a giants jersey in Eli's tenure. Plus this team lacks the fight they've had in past years, if that's coughlin's message wearing out, guys like Tuck, Snee and Diehl just growing too complacent, or whatever, I don't know, but there's a lot wrong with now before we get to throwing out the pieces that are worth regrouping around.

And Beatty and Pugh are two huge pieces for us to bounceback next season because they lock up 2 starting OL spots. Filling 3 OL spots when you've already got two good starters is a lot more manageable of a task. Go after 1 high end starter that we'll have the money to go with all fo the dead weight that gets cut, either bring in a solid but aging vet or hold onto to Boothe, and then grab a guard or center in the second round. If all we had was Pugh we'd still suck up front next year no matter what, with Pugh and beatty we at least have a chance to get this **** sorted out.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Basically up to this point of the season anything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Some guys will turn around their play.

sig by BoneKrusher