Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't you guys think it's a little hypocritical that you all want to be respected, but then when an elder wants it too you say it's to be earned and not given?

Funny little rascals. You'll learn when you get older.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I dont give a damn what the fox says....
Lies.

As far as respecting your elders... age doesn't make a difference. Respect EVERYONE you come across until they give you a reason not to be. If an "elder" is a douche asshat then treat him as such just like if a colleague is a douche asshat.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how clearance says that are actually good sales are typically for clothes that are never your size.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Allstate commercials and the Allstate guy. I want to see the Allstate guy and the Papa John's guy get banned from being in commercials.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hate how clearance says that are actually good sales are typically for clothes that are never your size.
Yes, well there's a reason they are on clearance and didn't all get sold when first put on the rack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
As far as respecting your elders... age doesn't make a difference. Respect EVERYONE you come across until they give you a reason not to be. If an "elder" is a douche asshat then treat him as such just like if a colleague is a douche asshat.
I agree with this philosophy. I generally give everyone the benefit of the doubt and at least give the minimal amount of respect if I'm indifferent to you. But once I know you're a douche, I usually make sure you know what I think of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I hate Allstate commercials and the Allstate guy. I want to see the Allstate guy and the Papa John's guy get banned from being in commercials.
What?? How can you hate on Pedro Cerrano!

iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When someone is super sensitive to smells and notices them before anyone else but does nothing about it and instead bitches about it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When someone says "potty" and they are not speaking to/in the direct vicinity of a small child.

Also, people getting on/off public transportation but aren't prepared to do so. First, you are standing at a bus stop for 10 minutes but it never occurs to you to take out your pass/money? Now we all have to stand there waiting for you to dig through your bag to find it. Then, your stop is coming up, you know it's coming up, yet you don't make a move for the door until after stopping and the doors open. Even worse, when it's a crowed bus, and you don't move until the doors open, then get up and expect people to part like the Red Sea for you and get angry when you don't make it to the door before it closes and the driver assumes everyone is off.

Also, people in general.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
When someone says "potty" and they are not speaking to/in the direct vicinity of a small child.
I'm definitely guilty of that one. Pretty much exclusively say potty right now when referring to the bathroom.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, people getting on/off public transportation but aren't prepared to do so. First, you are standing at a bus stop for 10 minutes but it never occurs to you to take out your pass/money? Now we all have to stand there waiting for you to dig through your bag to find it. Then, your stop is coming up, you know it's coming up, yet you don't make a move for the door until after stopping and the doors open. Even worse, when it's a crowed bus, and you don't move until the doors open, then get up and expect people to part like the Red Sea for you and get angry when you don't make it to the door before it closes and the driver assumes everyone is off.

Also, people in general.
Or idiots paying with a ******** of 5 cents coins. Which they obviously haven't bothered to count beforehand.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'm definitely guilty of that one. Pretty much exclusively say potty right now when referring to the bathroom.
Hey, to each his own. It just tends to annoy me when I hear someone say it and they are over the age of 7.

May I ask, how do you not feel like you are a first grader when you tell someone you have to go potty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Or idiots paying with a ******** of 5 cents coins. Which they obviously haven't bothered to count beforehand.
I don't even mind that anymore. But yes, you know you are paying with cash/coins and know that it takes longer than just tapping a pass. So either get that **** out and ready, or if you insist on being an assclown, at least wait until everyone else gets on and go last. Don't make the rest of us suffer the sideeffects of your mentally challenged life.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, to each his own. It just tends to annoy me when I hear someone say it and they are over the age of 7.

May I ask, how do you not feel like you are a first grader when you tell someone you have to go potty?
Oh I definitely feel like an idiot when I catch myself doing it amongst friends/colleagues but I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so its pretty much just second nature to say potty anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it exactly that we feel the need to talk like retards when speaking to children?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Oh I definitely feel like an idiot when I catch myself doing it amongst friends/colleagues but I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so its pretty much just second nature to say potty anymore.
That's at least understandable. I should revise my statement to also include anyone who isn't around children the majority of their day. Parents, teachers, and other care giving-type people are excluded from grinding my gears.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Why is it exactly that we feel the need to talk like retards when speaking to children?
I really want a close family member to have a kid soon, so that I can hang around him/her and speak to them like I do my dog. Give them simple commands, and just talk in a really excited voice all the time to get them all riled up. If it works, that is how my future children will be raised.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because they are. Until they become teenagers, then they are complete utter retards.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The Heat. And the Bulls.

#AStormIsComing
Old 10-29-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Because they are. Untilthey become teenagers, then they are complete utter retards.
Teenagers, as a group, are the biggest retards on the planet.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's at least understandable. I should revise my statement to also include anyone who isn't around children the majority of their day. Parents, teachers, and other care giving-type people are excluded from grinding my gears.
Thank you. It would be rather odd if I were to ask my class of 6th graders. "OK, who needs a break to go take a piss?".

Although it would be hilarious.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Thank you. It would be rather odd if I were to ask my class of 6th graders. "OK, who needs a break to go take a piss?".

Although it would be hilarious.
Well, I was thinking you would probably use "bathroom" or "restroom", but yes, asking a bunch of 6th graders who needs to take a piss would be amazing.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the woman at Chipotle wraps your burrito like Helen Keller would and its harder to eat afterwards.

Also substitute your favorite burrito place, I don't feel like have this argument again.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
When the woman at Chipotle wraps your burrito like Helen Keller would and its harder to eat afterwards.

Also substitute your favorite burrito place, I don't feel like have this argument again.
everytime i go there i try to make my burrito so big they have to double wrap it, everytime they ask me if i want it double wrapped, it's like a small victory. But I HATE when they try to wrap it, the burrito rips and act like nothing happened. B*TCH now i got to eat this with a fork and knife at some point because you can't do the one thing you're suppose to do.

Also girls who say they don't do "that". You know, then I think, "No wonder you don't have a boyfriend."

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
everytime i go there i try to make my burrito so big they have to double wrap it, everytime they ask me if i want it double wrapped, it's like a small victory. But I HATE when they try to wrap it, the burrito rips and act like nothing happened. B*TCH now i got to eat this with a fork and knife at some point because you can't do the one thing you're suppose to do.

Also girls who say they don't do "that". You know, then I think, "No wonder you don't have a boyfriend."
On the flip side, I was in Chipotle the other day behind this like early 20s kid. He ordered a burrito with every single ingredient (yes, each kind of meat) and said he does so on a weekly basis so the employees know to double wrap it. However, he was going off on them on why they have to double wrap it and why would they be a burrito business that doesn't have tortillas big enough to fit all ingredients at once. He also apparently asked for extra portions of everything, and got pissed when they wanted to charge him more.

Also, people who think that because it's cold out that global warming doesn't exist. I'm ok with people not believing it exists, whatever, but at least understand what the concept is if you are going to argue against it.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

I thought everyone agreed there is global warming, and that people just disagreed on what's causing it.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, people who think that because it's cold out that global warming doesn't exist. I'm ok with people not believing it exists, whatever, but at least understand what the concept is if you are going to argue against it.
Quote:
I thought everyone agreed there is global warming, and that people just disagreed on what's causing it.
I always assumed it was sarcasm or mocking the END OF THE WORLD types thinking the earth is going down in a ball of flame and winters are a thing of the past...

But yeah, what Job said.
The big argument, from my understanding, is man-made vs natural warming.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Oh, I still talk to people who either think it isn't real or that it is, but it really isn't doing anything. Those are the people who point to the fact that it's 20 degrees in Chicago today, and that it snowed on Monday, and use it as proof against global "warming".