Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Anybody got a link to a rom for the new games on mac?
As far as I can tell, no one has gotten around to writing a 3DS emulator for any platform. Most PC's around these days would have enough power though, theoretically. Maybe we'll see something come up in the coming months with the Poke push.

...and random trades are amazing. I ended up getting a level 20 Absol for a level 3 Weedle. Just stomped **** early game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 3DS wasnt 200 bucks, Id get this game.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some notes from my first couple hours:

I like how many different Pokemon you can get early but I hate that there's only 5 different NEW Pokemon I've gotten access to before going to face the first gym leader. That being said, all three of the color monkeys and Pikachu available in the forest is ridiculously amazing for that early in the game.

Pikachu actually says "Pika Pika." Mind BLOWN.

Liking the new roller skates and starting the game with Running Shoes already on.

The new EXP Share is EPIC. E-P-I-C.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 69 new monsters is lame.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mega Evolutions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
If the 3DS wasnt 200 bucks, Id get this game.
2DS is only 130. Same thing, just without the terrible 3D functions that hardly work and only from extremely specific angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Only 69 new monsters is lame.
Tad disappointing, but there's just so many Pokemon at this point. I don't think they want to just add them for the sake of adding them.

In their defense, they also had to create entirely new art assets for every Pokemon with the 3D switch. That's a tremendous amount of work, especially when you consider attacks are animated now.

Really enjoying it thus far. This is the first time a good while that the game doesn't feel completely lazy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
As far as I can tell, no one has gotten around to writing a 3DS emulator for any platform. Most PC's around these days would have enough power though, theoretically. Maybe we'll see something come up in the coming months with the Poke push.

...and random trades are amazing. I ended up getting a level 20 Absol for a level 3 Weedle. Just stomped **** early game.
Lame, I figured that since you could play this on the 2DS there would be roms anyway.

Quote:
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah ditto.

I was hoping to grab this but I don't want to drop $200 for the system and game.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah ditto.

I was hoping to grab this but I don't want to drop $200 for the system and game.
Yeah this is my dilemma, maybe if there's still no roms around christmas or my birthday I'll buy it for myself, but I really don't wanna drop 200 bucks just so I can play pokemon after all of the unexpected expenses I've had this year. Just can't justify that type of frivolous spending when the internet will give it to me for free eventually.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lame, I figured that since you could play this on the 2DS there would be roms anyway.
2DS is just a model of the 3DS without 3D. And it's in a tablet shape rather than clamshell.

So much fun so far. Pokemon is probably the franchise I've sunked the most hours in to other than any MMO's.

3DS is totally worth the purchase, the game library is outstanding. Super excited for the new Zelda later this year. I originally bought my 3DS when they first launched just on the fact that a Pokemon will come out for it.

My team right now is:
Quilladin
Flabebe
Pancham
Litleo
Geraldton
Honedge

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-13-2013 at 12:42 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
2DS is just a model of the 3DS without 3D. And it's in a tablet shape rather than clamshell.

So much fun so far. Pokemon is probably the franchise I've sunked the most hours in to other than any MMO's.

3DS is totally worth the purchase, the game library is outstanding. Super excited for the new Zelda later this year. I originally bought my 3DS when they first launched just on the fact that a Pokemon will come out for it.
I'm pretty sure desmume operates the 2DS though, so i don't see what should keep them from getting a rom of this new game up. And pokemon and sports games are the only vidjagames I play so I'd be buying the 3DS pretty much exclusively for the pokemon games.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure desmume operates the 2DS though, so i don't see what should keep them from getting a rom of this new game up. And pokemon and sports games are the only vidjagames I play so I'd be buying the 3DS pretty much exclusively for the pokemon games.
Would the problem not be that there isn't an emulator out there that currently emulates 3DS games?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Would the problem not be that there isn't an emulator out there that currently emulates 3DS games?
Which is where my confusion comes from. If the new Pokemon can be run on the 2DS shouldn't it be able to work on a 2DS emulator?

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
http://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=9803

Nope on that one. I'm sure there's ROMS available already on the internet, but there isn't anything capable of playing them.

The 2DS is only 129 and the game is 40, so that brings it down a bit...but yeah, it's expensive. I would love an emulator as well, but it doesn't look like we're getting one for quite some time. Totally feel your pain about the 3DS. I'm borrowing one long-term from someone. Nothing available or coming out on it that I would play besides Pokemon either.

Anyway, they've really made some huge improvements.

The new experience share is pretty much the best thing ever. You toggle it on and off in a menu no, no longer a hold item. Best of all, it gives experience to every Pokemon in your party now and no longer gives the Pokemon you do your killing with a reduced share. So there's no real reason not to use it and it dramatically decreases grinding.

Trading over the internet is a breeze now. Wonder Trades are basically playing a slot machine. I've gotten a few pretty decent Pokemon from them, but you have to get lucky. I've taken to giving away Pokemon I'm no longer using through it. Based on the returns I've gotten, I figure they might really help some players just starting out and maybe have made some little kid's day. Trades in general just seem easier to make. The GTS

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-13-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is where my confusion comes from. If the new Pokemon can be run on the 2DS shouldn't it be able to work on a 2DS emulator?
A 2DS emulator does not exist though?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I skipped Black/white one and twoo but love pokemon. Should I run and buy this immediately? The mega evos turned me off a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I skipped Black/white one and twoo but love pokemon. Should I run and buy this immediately? The mega evos turned me off a bit.
They're actually a cool mechanic that work pretty well when it comes down to it.

If you love it, I would, honestly. Pick up Black and White(first ones)at some point too. That was a heck if a gen too. I would play this first though, it really feels fresh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
A 2DS emulator does not exist though?
A DS emulator does but a 2DS is a 3DS without the gimmick. In theory it's a completely different system.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was turned off by Mega Evolutions at first too, but you can only mega evolve one pokemon per battle. That makes it not so bad imo.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I think some of them look ridiculously badass. Particularly fond of Pinsir and Heracross.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, Mega Evolution is fun. You sacrifice a hold item too, so it's not super dumb. Still playing with it and finding out when to do it, but yeah. Mega Charizard just stomps ****.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-08-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we got kicked out the vg thread haha

I have been raising my eevee in SS and it's frustrating me. It's at lvl 21 and the ***** hasn't hit the happiness to get Umbreon yet. Aarrgghh

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Since we got kicked out the vg thread haha

I have been raising my eevee in SS and it's frustrating me. It's at lvl 21 and the ***** hasn't hit the happiness to get Umbreon yet. Aarrgghh
You should be pretty close with it. Are you doing the massages and haircut crap everyday to improve its happiness?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
You should be pretty close with it. Are you doing the massages and haircut crap everyday to improve its happiness?
I do the haircuts....where do I do the massages? I also gave it the soothing bell.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-09-2013, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Yes!! Finally...umbreon at lvl 27

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: