Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-14-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First Mock of the Season (Week 6)

Alright I was trying to avoid doing a mock this early in the year considering the historical movement from preseason evaluations to where guys actually got drafted last year, but I got the itch so here goes. Comments appreciated!

1. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14): Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Louisville
Worst team. Need at QB. Only question is whether or not Hundley or Mariota push for #1, which can easily happen.

2. Buffalo Bills (3-13): Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina
They have their QB of the near future in Manuel so obviously they have the luxury of taking the best non-QB in the draft. Despite not completely dominating this year I don't expect Clowney to fall, barring an injury.

3. Oakland Raiders (4-12): Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
I'm expecting Veldheer to be a free agent as he is in his contract year and coming off an injury, so this would allow the Raiders to take the #1 OT in the draft to replace him.

4. New York Giants (4-12): Anthony Barr - DE/OLB - UCLA
With Osi gone and Tuck likely gone after this year, the Giants need to reload their pass rushers, and Barr is likely to go in the top 5 as I think he is a better prospect than Dion Jordan was.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12): Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

Yes they took Glennon in the 3rd last year, but the key word is 3rd, they can afford to keep him on as a backup and take a QB with an enormous ceiling in Hundley.

6. Minnesota Vikings (4-12): Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon
The Ponder days are coming to an end, the Vikings should be hoping these RS Sophomore QBs declare.

7. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-11): Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson
With Sanders in a contract year, the Steelers are definitely in the running to land one of the elite WR prospects next year. Whether or not Wheaton shows promise, the Steelers run 3 wide most of the time so his presence wouldn't be a deterrent.

8. St. Louis Rams (5-11): Cyrus Kouandjio - OT - Alabama
Saffold is likely gone after this year and teams have shown they aren't afraid to take a RT in the top 10 of the draft.

9. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M

Cameron and Gordon are great building blocks for the vertical pass-heavy offense they're installing in Cleveland, but if they really want to throw 40+ times a game, they should be looking to add more.

10. Houston Texans (6-10): C.J. Mosley - ILB - Alabama

Don't really know much about who plays ILB along with Cushing but I'm guessing its not a position of strength. Open to suggestions from Texans fans here if I'm wrong.

11. St. Louis Rams (from Washington, 6-10): Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State

It looks like Finnegan is flaming out Asomugha-style, and has no guaranteed money following the 2013 season and can be cut with no cap penalty.

12. New York Jets (7-9): Cyril Richardson - OG - Baylor
Winters is locked in as one of the starting guards for next year, but Colon and Ducasse will likely be gone and this will be a position of need if they want to stay committed to running the ball.

13. Carolina Panthers (7-9): Marqise Lee - WR - USC
If the Panthers go another draft without taking a WR early, I don't know what to think anymore. Steve Smith is old, Lafell is bad (and in a contract year), they just have to take one in 2014, and I don't think they have the cap space to make a big splash FA signing like Nicks.

14. San Diego Chargers (7-9): Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
Really surprised that Rivers has any time at all to throw this year considering the tackles they're fielding, maybe they're just getting lucky. Regardless, huge position of need and good value here.

15. Atlanta Falcons (7-9): Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Washington
Really tried to find a different pick for the Falcons here after mocking TE to them for much of the 2012 seasons only to have Gonzalez come back, but let's assume he actually does retire this year. They could really use a DE but I just don't see any worth this high of a pick at the moment.

16. Arizona Cardinals (7-9): Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo
Just checked the Cardinals depth chart and their starting OLBs are John Abraham and Dontay Moch? Ouch. No brainer pick here if the top 3 OTs are gone.

17. Miami Dolphins (8-8): Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - CB - Oregon
The only decent corner on Miami is Grimes and he is a free agent after this year so this makes sense to me.

18. Tennessee Titans (8-8): Jason Verrett - CB - TCU

I'm assuming there's a reason why Verner hasn't been re-signed yet. This would obviously be something different if they lock Verner up.

19. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8): Hasean Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama
Eagles have garbage safeties and I think Clinton-Dix should go in the middle of the 1st.

20. Detroit Lions (10-6): Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina

Pettigrew and Scheffler are both gone after this year and the tight end is an important position in the Lions scheme. Fauria will likely fill in as the in-line TE spot, but adding Ebron to be the move TE would be a huge boon to that offense.

21. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Antonio Richardson - T/G - Tennessee
Yeah why not go OL 3 out of 4 years? It's still not there yet and Doug Free is still employed somehow.

22. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6): Ryan Shazier - OLB - Ohio State
I'm assuming James Harrison hangs it up after this year as he will be 36. Shazier would take over as the strong side backer.

23. Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Jordan Matthews - WR - Vanderbilt
I've been saying this for years but the Chiefs have a ton of talent on their team. One spot they could really use help is WR though. Take away Bowe and you're looking at the worst WRs in the league. I'm a big fan of Matthews and while he may not be projected for the 1st round at the moment I hope he will be.

24. Chicago Bears (11-5): Ra'Shede Hageman - DT - Minnesota
Expecting the Bears to let Melton test free agency coming off an injury.

25. Baltimore Ravens (9-7): Louis Nix - DL - Notre Dame
I struggled with this one because while most people have Nix going in the top 15, NTs typically plummet on draft day. The only team I could see valuing the position this high are the Ravens.

26. New England Patriots (12-4): Anthony Johnson - DT - LSU
A fairly weak position for the Pats aside from Wilfork.

27. Green Bay Packers (12-4): Cameron Erving - OT - Florida State
I know there's some Packers fans on here so maybe someone can correct me if Bakhtiari (sp) is doing well enough to avoid taking a tackle in the 1st, but even so they could kick someone inside to guard.

28. San Francisco 49ers (13-3): Louchiez Purifoy - CB - Florida
Brown and Asomugha have contracts expiring this year and Rogers can be released.

29. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis, 9-7): Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M
Alright I couldn't keep this guy out. I'm sure he will be the most polarizing prospect in the draft but I just don't see him falling that far, maybe 2nd round at the latest (unless he does something incredibly stupid like getting charged with a felony). The Browns want to throw 40+ times a game, so the QBs they currently have aren't going to cut it.

30. New Orleans Saints (13-3): Trent Murphy - OLB - Stanford
They signed his teammate Chase Thomas after the draft so I'm assuming they watched quite a bit of Murphy. He'd be a solid scheme fit and while I personally haven't been too impressed with his tape, he seems to be a consensus 1st round pick so I'll put him here.

31. Seattle Seahawks (14-2): Gabe Jackson - OG - Mississippi State

The Seahawks could use an upgrade at RG, a rare position of weakness and Jackson is a solid 1st round prospect, good value and need.

32. Denver Broncos (15-1): Vic Beasley - DE/OLB - Clemson
A tough one to project, as I'm not sure what pass rushers will go in the 1st aside from Clowney, Barr, and Mack. Beasley seems to be rising up draft boards and I do like Beasley's game.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Bears pick
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
21. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Antonio Richardson - T/G - Tennessee
Yeah why not go OL 3 out of 4 years? It's still not there yet and Doug Free is still employed somehow.
Pick is fine but the reasoning is funny. Doug Free went from being ATROCIOUS last year to being PFF's #1 rated OT this year. He's playing infinitely better and has actually been one of the better players on the line. His technique is back to being where it should be so he's not getting tormented as much.

We do need a RG to replace Waters when he retires :)

I'd look at Hageman here though before anything. Ratliff is going to be cut with his contract. Hatcher is a FA and we have zero depth this season after injuries took out Crawford.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Pick is fine but the reasoning is funny. Doug Free went from being ATROCIOUS last year to being PFF's #1 rated OT this year. He's playing infinitely better and has actually been one of the better players on the line. His technique is back to being where it should be so he's not getting tormented as much.

We do need a RG to replace Waters when he retires :)

I'd look at Hageman here though before anything. Ratliff is going to be cut with his contract. Hatcher is a FA and we have zero depth this season after injuries took out Crawford.
Thanks for the input. Did not realize Free was playing well this year
Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Did not realize Free was playing well this year
No worries. He definitely reverted to the Doug Free that earned big money. Switching offensive line coaches and giving him the "pay-cut or get cut" ultimatum seems to have lit a fire under him.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're projecting Nix as a NT then that's a horrible pick for the Ravens. Not only did they just take Brandon Williams in the 3rd round this past draft but Ngata has moved in to that position too. The whole front seven is pretty much set and I would be pretty surprised to see them go in that direction in the early rounds unless it was a BPA type at DE (Jones will be a free agent and probably too pricey to bring back) or maybe ILB (if Smith isn't re-signed).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
If you're projecting Nix as a NT then that's a horrible pick for the Ravens. Not only did they just take Brandon Williams in the 3rd round this past draft but Ngata has moved in to that position too. The whole front seven is pretty much set and I would be pretty surprised to see them go in that direction in the early rounds unless it was a BPA type at DE (Jones will be a free agent and probably too pricey to bring back) or maybe ILB (if Smith isn't re-signed).
Assuming Ngata moves back to DE with that pick obviously. I don't think the front 7 for 2014 is set by any means, particularly the front 3, Ngata is the only one we know for certain will be there. I'm aware they drafted Williams but I haven't heard a thing about him since the draft, is he showing any promise?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I need to vent about this.

I've seen too many mocks with Manziel going to Cleveland. I have every problem with this you could possibly have. We already know what a nightmare he is off the field. On the field, he's going to get into a lot of trouble. He takes way too many chances, he won't be able to keep the play alive as long as he does in college, there are QB's with better arm strength (and those are the guys this staff likes), size (again, something this staff prefers), and I don't even want to imagine the stress a coaching staff would go through managing this kid. He needs to do a TON of growing up both on and off the field before I'd want him even on the practice squad. Heck his own dad has admitted he has temper issues to go along with the poor choices he makes. With where he's at now, he might have success for a season, then get stomped. Also, speaking of character concerns, people have tried to point to Lombardi's love of Ryan Mallett as an excuse to send Manziel to Cleveland. Well now hold on a second, you mean the same guy that destroyed Cleveland for taking a chance on Josh Gordon, and sent away Richardson for his attitude? Also, Mallett and Manziel aren't even comparable on the field, so you can't possibly use that excuse! STOP FORCING HIM ON CLEVELAND AND STICKING US WITH ANOTHER CRAP QB!! I'D RATHER HOPE AND PRAY HOYER COMES BACK HEALTHY THAN GET STUCK WITH MANZIEL!!

/VENT

... I'm better now.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Unless the Browns lose out, he's the only 1st round QB they'd be able to get. Do you think some big arm prospect like Carr or Mettenberger gets offseason hype and pushed up that high? I agree with you in that the only QBs I'd want in this class are Bridgewater, Mariota, and Hundley, but a team that's been losing for as long as the Browns should be more than open to a gamble like Manziel
Old 10-14-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don' think the Packers go with an OL in the first round again. Bulaga should be healthy next year, it'll depend on him whether or not we see OT as a need. Defensive BPA is the only way the Packers should go.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don' think the Packers go with an OL in the first round again. Bulaga should be healthy next year, it'll depend on him whether or not we see OT as a need. Defensive BPA is the only way the Packers should go.
Well, the way I saw it was defensive BPA was a corner there and isn't that a position of strength for the Packers? You need 2 OTs so even with a healthy Bulaga, that leaves a bunch of unproven people including Bakhtiari which as I said in my note I'm not sure how he's doing.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

solid KC pick
Old 10-14-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Barr a lot, but I'd much rather the Giants try and trade down. Maybe with Minnesota and then again with a team in the teens where we take a guy like Nix or Richardson

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if the Raiders let Veldheer walk. He has been solid and reliable. If he did go I'd rather the bump Watson over to the left and sign a RT in FA. I just don't think it makes sense to let one of your better players walk, a known quantity, and then use a high pick to replace him for no real net gain, given the other needs on the team.

In that spot I'd rather take Barr, Raiders have no pass rusher.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
I'd be surprised if the Raiders let Veldheer walk. He has been solid and reliable. If he did go I'd rather the bump Watson over to the left and sign a RT in FA. I just don't think it makes sense to let one of your better players walk, a known quantity, and then use a high pick to replace him for no real net gain, given the other needs on the team.

In that spot I'd rather take Barr, Raiders have no pass rusher.
Players who get season-ending injuries in their contract years are very unlikely to be re-signed.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Assuming Ngata moves back to DE with that pick obviously. I don't think the front 7 for 2014 is set by any means, particularly the front 3, Ngata is the only one we know for certain will be there. I'm aware they drafted Williams but I haven't heard a thing about him since the draft, is he showing any promise?
The staff is pretty high on Williams. He just got back from an injury a couple weeks ago and has been making some plays even in a limited role. NT won't be a high round need at all. With the way Canty is playing he looks to be a sure starter next season too. Assuming Ngata does move back out to DE to replace Jones this is what the depth chart would look like:

DE: Ngata - Tyson
NT: Williams
DE: Canty - Spears

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cody re-signed either as he looked pretty good this season before he got hurt (DL has been bit by the injury bug, everybody but Ngata and Tyson has missed time). That depends on his price though. Shouldn't be high at all but who knows. Jones is almost definitely gone with the way he's playing. Still, that doesn't leave Baltimore in a position where they need to draft defensive linemen in the early rounds.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless the Browns lose out, he's the only 1st round QB they'd be able to get. Do you think some big arm prospect like Carr or Mettenberger gets offseason hype and pushed up that high? I agree with you in that the only QBs I'd want in this class are Bridgewater, Mariota, and Hundley, but a team that's been losing for as long as the Browns should be more than open to a gamble like Manziel
They'll trade up to get into the top 10 or 5, giving up future picks if need be, and I completely disagree on taking a gamble. A franchise that's lost for so long needs something reliable, not some [bad things said about johnny football]. If they, for some reason, get stuck outside the top 10, then they'll get someone to develop with Hoyer later on, that has a big arm and limits mistakes, even if he lacks accuracy and mobility.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. Oakland Raiders (4-12): Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
I'm expecting Veldheer to be a free agent as he is in his contract year and coming off an injury, so this would allow the Raiders to take the #1 OT in the draft to replace him.
I would have a hard time swallowing the move if the Raiders had $70 million in cap space, let their near-Pro Bowl LT go in FA and then took a LT at #3 overall.

I'm not saying it won't happen because teams do really weird things. Just look at the teams that drafted LTs 1 and 2 this past year. I think it's a difficult sell for me right now though.

I could see the Raiders targeting pass rusher, WR, CB or S. Barr or Watkins make sense here.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Players who get season-ending injuries in their contract years are very unlikely to be re-signed.
He's on IR designated to return so it's likely he gets a chance to show if he's healed or not before the end of the season.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
They'll trade up to get into the top 10 or 5, giving up future picks if need be, and I completely disagree on taking a gamble. A franchise that's lost for so long needs something reliable, not some [bad things said about johnny football]. If they, for some reason, get stuck outside the top 10, then they'll get someone to develop with Hoyer later on, that has a big arm and limits mistakes, even if he lacks accuracy and mobility.
Not sure how easy it will be to trade up to the top 5 this year. The top of the draft is one of the strongest in recent years. Doubt it would cost as much as the Redskins paid to get RG3, but it will certainly be close to that. Not sure that's the right move for them. Best case scenario for the Browns QB search is losing out this year lol.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shazier is a good pick. CB or Safety would also be consider the Bengals need to add youth and speed to the secondary.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robcards, Love both picks for the Rams. Good job of filling our needs with quality players.

I'd love to see what you may have in store for the 2nd round.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent KC pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well here's someone who clearly hasn't watched much of Miami. Patterson has played decent at CB until getting hurt, and Nolan Carroll has done a respectable job in his place. On top of that, we just drafted 2 corners in this past drafts 2nd and 3rd rounds.

OL please
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney and Super Mario together on our line???

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote