Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2013, 03:02 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Do you not remember thenatural?
Gabbert >>>>> Luck

I'm not sure why but I just couldn't let that one go. He was pulling up high school camp info to argue with when Gabbert was currently sucking in college. I still go back and -rep him occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was he the one that was talking about how if 3 QB's got in a car, Gabbert would drive, which means he's obviously hardwired to be the best of the bunch. Or something of that nature, lol.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Do you not remember thenatural?
I missed him, don't know if I was banned or just not posting, but that was during one of my periods away from this site.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Was he the one that was talking about how if 3 QB's got in a car, Gabbert would drive, which means he's obviously hardwired to be the best of the bunch. Or something of that nature, lol.
lmao i wasnt around for that but that is hilarious
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These teams don't play again til week 14.
Anyone here who'd change their vote yet?

Seattle at Indy tomorrow, could be the game of the week.
Will Aikman & Buck be there for that one?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts played and coaches called a heck of a game.

TRich iced the game on bulldozing 3rd-down run in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks pass rush wasn't as consistent as it's been and Luck made them pay.

But the blocked FG was a huge 10-pt turnaround. I think it was Hauschka's fault because it was too low.

The officials were pretty bad both ways and it should have started 17-0 but there was also a missed roughing the passer call on Luck and various other missed calls.

A loss is still a loss, but assuming they can get back on track favored by almost two TDs against the Titans, they'll be fine at 5-1. I'm always paranoid that a huge underdog is going to walk into Seattle and shock the Seahawks but it hasn't happened yet with this group. The Titans are a prime candidate. Seasoned vet QB who can make plays and a very stingy defense. Can't sleepwalk through this one - these aren't the Jags.

But overall as I explained before, this loss doesn't crush them and there were actually a lot of good things, especially as a second long road trip. And the Colts are probably my 4th favorite team anyway.

As for San Francisco, it looks like they're back to what they looked like with Alex Smith. Kaepernick didn't have to do much by design and they completely stepped on the throats of a broken Texans team, making up a game on Seattle in the process.

I'm expecting a loss @ SF, so as far as I'm concerned, these teams are now tied. Arizona and St. Louis - whoever can pick off SEA or SF, those games might decided the division.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Colts played and coaches called a heck of a game.

TRich iced the game on bulldozing 3rd-down run in the fourth quarter. The Seahawks pass rush wasn't as consistent as it's been and Luck made them pay.

But the blocked FG was a huge 10-pt turnaround. I think it was Hauschka's fault because it was too low.

The officials were pretty bad both ways and it should have started 17-0 but there was also a missed roughing the passer call on Luck and various other missed calls.

A loss is still a loss, but assuming they can get back on track favored by almost two TDs against the Titans, they'll be fine at 5-1. I'm always paranoid that a huge underdog is going to walk into Seattle and shock the Seahawks but it hasn't happened yet with this group. The Titans are a prime candidate. Seasoned vet QB who can make plays and a very stingy defense. Can't sleepwalk through this one - these aren't the Jags.

But overall as I explained before, this loss doesn't crush them and there were actually a lot of good things, especially as a second long road trip. And the Colts are probably my 4th favorite team anyway.

As for San Francisco, it looks like they're back to what they looked like with Alex Smith. Kaepernick didn't have to do much by design and they completely stepped on the throats of a broken Texans team, making up a game on Seattle in the process.

I'm expecting a loss @ SF, so as far as I'm concerned, these teams are now tied. Arizona and St. Louis - whoever can pick off SEA or SF, those games might decided the division.
yea it looks like its gonna be a tight race. if this weekend woulda gone different, the Seahawks woulda had a chance to run away with it, but the 49ers got back in the thick of it.

the refs totally blew that call on the safety in early on, it shoulda been a TD for sure. I dont know how much clearer that recovery could have been. but at the end of the day this was one of those punch-counterpunch kind of games and Luck played amazing. The Seahawks probably played a better game against the Colts than they did against the Texans, but Luck is clutch and Schaub is suddenly the league's biggest choke artist. and this time around it was the colts that caught the breaks, whereas last week it was the Seahawks that did.

Titans-Seahawks should be good. I could see this being a low scoring affair, and I would expect the Titans to cover that 14-point spread, but ultimately I would expect Fitzpatrick will turn the ball over a couple times and lose his team the game. Locker was playing great and I would give the Titans a good shot at actually pulling the upset if he was healthy, but with Fitzpatrick its hard to have confidence in the Titans.

49ers have gotten back to basics, which is what they needed to do b/c of their obvious lack of weapons in the passing game. I would expect the 49ers will open their offense as the season goes on, especially once they get crabs and manningham back, but for now they need to stick to their run game and rely on their D, because no one is respecting their receivers, and they are just leaving them in single coverage and putting their energy towards stopping kaep from scrambling. Kaepernick is one of the best deep ball throwers, but that is going completely to waste right now, but Harbaugh has done a good job adjusting the last couple weeks after getting away from his identity.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Choke job by Texans aside, and the Rams suck, I still don't think that San Francisco has the talent on defense to compete with the big boys in the NFC.

I'd take New Orleans (more complete on both sides of the ball), Green Bay (bad defense too but their offense is better than SF), Seattle (same as NO), Chicago (better offense, same level of defense) over San Francisco in the playoffs every single time.

I'll honestly be shocked if the 49ers get anything better than the #5 seed or win more than a single playoff game this year.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now, I just don't have confidence in the 49ers offense. They just don't have the weapons to be dynamic right now. Going back to a 'Alex Smith type' offense will help as long as Kaep works his check downs and takes what the defense gives sometimes. Not every drive is a big play and 7 points.

I have huge reservations about Crabtree coming back also. That is not an injury to mess with and I can't see him making a big impact on his return. At WR where cutting and explosion is everything I don't know how he can get back to form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to reiterate I don't think I've ever been as accepting of a loss as this past week.

I just love Luck, hate 1:00 pm East Coast starts, especially in consecutive weeks (I don't think anyone would have batted an eye if that was a 4:00 kickoff), and wasn't really that outraged by Seattle's performance.

As impressive as the 9-game regular season winning streak was, I think what's even more impressive is that this team has been competitive in EVERY SINGLE GAME OF THE RUSSELL WILSON ERA. Meaning not beaten by more than a score for the past 23 games.

That's ******* amazing, and a testament to how well Pete Carroll motivates his players and the way the coaching staff adjusts in-game. And of course the pride of this group of players.

If you're competing in EVERY single game, and you sprinkle in a handful of blowouts, which this group has, that's a recipe for consistent success.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
As of right now, I just don't have confidence in the 49ers offense. They just don't have the weapons to be dynamic right now. Going back to a 'Alex Smith type' offense will help as long as Kaep works his check downs and takes what the defense gives sometimes. Not every drive is a big play and 7 points.

I have huge reservations about Crabtree coming back also. That is not an injury to mess with and I can't see him making a big impact on his return. At WR where cutting and explosion is everything I don't know how he can get back to form.
That's THE big key.
Also, Alden Smith... this thing could get real sticky. He's a bad person, and it's finally starting to come out.

I think Crabtree will be fine, and get good by the end of the season.
I know it's nothing like the injury TO had when his Eagles got to the Super Bowl and he came back for that game, still injured, and played great.
But I think Crab will be good again, yet this season.

Still, the home field will be what decides this one.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's THE big key.
Also, Alden Smith... this thing could get real sticky. He's a bad person, and it's finally starting to come out.

I think Crabtree will be fine, and get good by the end of the season.
I know it's nothing like the injury TO had when his Eagles got to the Super Bowl and he came back for that game, still injured, and played great.
But I think Crab will be good again, yet this season.

Still, the home field will be what decides this one.
LMFAO. He's a moron, but he's not a bad person. You make it sound like has a heart full of malice and intends to hurt people. It's not like he's Aaron Hernandez or your maybe even your boy Mark Chmura.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
LMFAO. He's a moron, but he's not a bad person. You make it sound like has a heart full of malice and intends to hurt people. It's not like he's Aaron Hernandez or your maybe even your boy Mark Chmura.
Chmura never intended to hurt anyone... immoral or not what he did, but not quite the same sentence as Hernandez, or even Lenny Little, or perhaps Ahmad Brooks or now Alden Smith.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chmura never intended to hurt anyone... immoral or not what he did, but not quite the same sentence as Hernandez, or even Lenny Little, or perhaps Ahmad Brooks or now Alden Smith.
Says who? We weren't there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Says who? We weren't there.
I read a lot about the case back in the day.
I believe the girl was drunk & horny (not uncommon as we all know at that age), and that he was a "star"..... some HS girls like older guys like college age, some like older actors like Katherine Zeta Jones and the star M Douglass who is old enough to be her father.
I don't believe this girl was some innocent clean wholesome 17/18-year old.

Maybe statuatory r@pe, but whatever... it clearly doesn't compare to shooting someone or driving drunk into a mother and killing her.

Anyway, Alden Smith is trouble as you alluded to, but these NFL stars usually get away with these things, murder aside. We'll see how this plays out.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, Alden Smith... this thing could get real sticky. He's a bad person, [b]and it's finally starting to come out.
Actually this event happened 15 months ago and the weapons portion was reported several months ago. It's still odd that the event was investigated and he was cleared. Then he was sued in a civil case, and still nothing came of it. Ironically, as soon as he enters a program for his substance abuse issues, charges are filed. Timing in these "celebrity" cases is always intriguing.

I hope that rehab and these consequences straighten his life out.

Last edited by phlysac : 10-10-2013 at 12:28 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is spelling his name "Alden" a joke I don't understand?
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

lol at you calling Aldon Smith a bad person, what a ridiculous blanket judgement of someone you know very little about. obviously he has had a pattern of reckless behavior, but thats really all we can say...cant really compare him to leonard little because he didnt kill anyone on his dui...

but back to the point...yes a big part of what the 49ers will do this year is riding on Crabs and Aldon....and its just impossible to say what they will get out of them. Aldon Smith could get out of rehab, get back to being a dominant player, and maybe not have any suspension until next season. Crabtree could come back strong and suddenly the 49er offense comes to life with the duo of him and Boldin. Or Aldon doesnt suit up again this season, and Crabtree returns but is very limited and doesnt make an impact.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
lol at you calling Aldon Smith a bad person, what a ridiculous blanket judgement of someone you know very little about. obviously he has had a pattern of reckless behavior, but thats really all we can say...cant really compare him to leonard little because he didnt kill anyone on his dui...

but back to the point...yes a big part of what the 49ers will do this year is riding on Crabs and Aldon....and its just impossible to say what they will get out of them. Aldon Smith could get out of rehab, get back to being a dominant player, and maybe not have any suspension until next season. Crabtree could come back strong and suddenly the 49er offense comes to life with the duo of him and Boldin. Or Aldon doesnt suit up again this season, and Crabtree returns but is very limited and doesnt make an impact.
The Niners will be fine.
I am not comparing him to Leonard Little, but he was on that same path prior to when Little killed someone with his reckless behavior.
I would have called Little a punk before that incident too.... and you would have said "don't be so harsh, it's not like he killed someone".... well most DWI wrecks that kill someone occur when someone is driving drunk and not for the first time. I got no time for those people. I've seen 2 different families lives shattered, ruined, because of habitual drunk drivers.... idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Is spelling his name "Alden" a joke I don't understand?
No joke. Just forget if it's an e or an o.
I guess like some who still spell it Aaron Rogers.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
The Niners will be fine.
I am not comparing him to Leonard Little, but he was on that same path prior to when Little killed someone with his reckless behavior.
I would have called Little a punk before that incident too.... and you would have said "don't be so harsh, it's not like he killed someone".... well most DWI wrecks that kill someone occur when someone is driving drunk and not for the first time. I got no time for those people. I've seen 2 different families lives shattered, ruined, because of habitual drunk drivers.... idiots.

No joke. Just forget if it's an e or an o.
I guess like some who still spell it Aaron Rogers.
nah i agree the fact that Leonard Little hit someone and Aldon didn't is luck more than anything. And many lives have been ruined from DUI, and theres no defense for these guys to be doing that, they shouldnt be going out and partying like that in the first place, and they should def hire a driver if they do, lord knows they can afford it...but im just saying a lot of guys get DUIs, so its not fair to compare him to the guy who killed someone when DUI. there are any number of other players who have had duis and not hurt anyone that we can compare him to.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The Seahawks were lucky they didn't play a real QB today because some of the mistakes were maddening. Wilson bailed them out multiple times and might have had his best day passing from the pocket. The defense is still fantastic even though the pass rush wasn't that great today. Most importantly, no injuries and a victory. This was not a well played game and they still won it fairly convincingly. Yes Fitzpatrick sucks but they gave them 10 points on the field goal fiasco and Rice gave away the ball for no reason on another turnover. Good teams win games when they don't have their best stuff. And Wilson is truly becoming a ridiculously consistent player. He continues to REFUSE to make mistakes.

The Seahawks play at Arizona on Thursday and then travel to St. Louis for MNF the following week. After those two road games, they'll finish with 5 home games and 3 road games. It is imperative that they don't lose both division contests, which would give San Fran a big edge for the division (the Niners have almost no chance to win the division if they don't beat Seattle later in the year so my working assumption is that they will win that game). 6-2 at the halfway point would keep them right at the top of the list for homefield. Winning both would put them in the driver's seat.

The Saints losing today helps that cause. Keep in mind Seattle gets the Saints at home on MNF down the road.

The Niners only need to make up one game in my mind. They're running the ball well but Kaepernick doesn't look like the MVP-candidate some thought he might. I wouldn't feel confident as a San Fran fan against the Seahawks in a head-to-head unless he starts to play better. The Niners best chance to win the division might really be through Arizona and St. Louis playing spoiler - both teams beat Seattle last year.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Im honestly not that worried about Kaepernick...I get this sneaky feeling that the 49ers are holding a lot back. He has barely tried to run at all, and thats not just because teams are focusing on stopping it.

And yea I think I pretty much nailed it with the Seattle game, it would be a hard-fought defensive game, and the Titans would stay in the game, but ultimately Fitzpatrick is gonna have turnovers and Wilson probably wont and that will be too much for the Titans to overcome.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

SEA-ARI this week could be interesting. I really like the Arizona defense and feel like they have the pieces to really limit the Seahawks' offense. But on the flipside, the Cards dont have a run game, which is essential against the Seahawks, and I have to figure Carson will throw at least 3 interceptions, and possibly more, and that will be the deciding factor.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I still got Seattle..... 6-1, not gonna change my mind.
Who else had Seattle?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

This team is just scary. They are missing so many key guys right now (both tackles, Bobby Wagner, and of course Harvin). At full strength I wouldn't want to see them.

And they aren't a bad road team at all. They are just borderline unbeatable at home.

Next 4:

@ STL
vs. TB (lol)
@ ATL
vs. MIN (lol)

Then the bye week and MNF at home against the Saints then round two @ SF. Those two games could determine homefield.