Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-15-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

I know nothing about him or his game, can you learned folks fill me in?
Is he a no. 1 receiver in the NFL?
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, he is a monster. Can't believe Ole Miss held him in check on Saturday. Reminds me a ton of Vincent Jackson. He is an unreal athlete and has really come together as a receiver. He is another weapon who brings a basketball background to the field, but he is a receiver rather than a tight end.

Might not be completely polished and might not be a sub 4.4 burner, but he has the tools teams drool over for a #1 NFL receiver.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's his ceiling and floor in terms of his draft position?
How does he compare to former first round WRs?
Old 10-15-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally my favorite receiver in the class (and also the #1 guy on my Panthers' BB). I've been on his bandwagon for a while, he's got everything from size, strength, athleticism, to catching and route-running ability.

As far as draft position, I could see him slipping into the top ten given he continues to play well and has a good off-season, and at worst he doesn't escape the first round.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him going really high. I love the way he runs around with Manziel to keep plays alive. Teams with running QBs, Raiders, Panthers, are really going to covet this guy high in the draft.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a great, great player but I think he'd have to really surprise with his 40 time to go in the top 10 range. He seems like a 4.55-4.65 kinda guy, a tick slower than Jackson or Alson Jeffery. But you can just see him being a red zone terror in the NFL with that big body.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing we've learned by watching him play with Johnny Manziel is he'll go up and get a football. Huge target area to throw to.

If i was drafting a group of receivers i'd go for: Evans and Marquis Lee as wideouts, Mike Campanaro in the slot and ASJ as my TE.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

I've seen Lee play quite a bit, how does he compare?
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how he just gets the football on bad throws. He makes Manziel look real good some time. His timed speed will drop him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have fallen in love with a lot of WR like him who have failed in the league. He's an outstanding talent in college but I would be wary of his pro prospects.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
People have fallen in love with a lot of WR like him who have failed in the league. He's an outstanding talent in college but I would be wary of his pro prospects.
One should also be weary of the offensive system he plays in when it comes to learning an NFL playbook. I know there have been exceptions to this rule like Wes Welker, but he was also a UFA not a First Round pick and Welker took years more development in the NFL to perfect his craft. Physically he fits the bill and someone will love him enough to spend a high pick on him. Compared to Sammy Watkins, I think Watkins' ceiling vs. floor ratio is much preferable to Evans' even though Evans has a higher ceiling.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Limas Sweed
James Hardy
Devin Thomas
etc etc etc

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I see Mike Williams 2.0 *USC Mike Williams
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or he can be the next V-Jax....who knows....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-16-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He played all of last year with a hurt hamstring. Think about that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He played all of last year with a hurt hamstring. Think about that.
Remember how good Mike Williams was at USC? Everyone thought hed be a stud until they saw how slow he was.

Evans doesn't remind me anything like Jackson, unless you're comparing height. Jackson is a smooth crisp route runner who's fast and can get behind defenders with ease.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have not seen much of him, but the little I have seen, is basically this dude doing go routes.

The big question is, does he have the quickness and route running ability to run a full route tree?

In addition, he obviously has the size to physically dominate dbs at the line, but has he shown the physicality to actually do it
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some of you need to watch him play.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Remember how good Mike Williams was at USC? Everyone thought hed be a stud until they saw how slow he was.

Evans doesn't remind me anything like Jackson, unless you're comparing height. Jackson is a smooth crisp route runner who's fast and can get behind defenders with ease.
Definitely not slow like Big Mike.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Definitely not slow like Big Mike.
I can find a play where Rod Owens burned the UNC defense (that had like 9 NFL players on it) for what, a 98 yard TD in 2009? Doesn't mean he has speed. Evans isn't slow, but I would be floored if he has anything close to Watkins' speed.

For some reason Evans reminds me a lot of Jonathan Baldwin, which doesn't really bode well for an NFL future.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

True - I just don't think he is a sloth like Mike Williams though.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
True - I just don't think he is a sloth like Mike Williams though.
Which is a fair point, BMW had bad speed for a TE.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams at USC >> Mike Evans

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Williams at USC >> Mike Evans
BMW sucked in the NFL, but man was a he a dominant college player. If he was rreincarnated in college again, people would fall for him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
BMW sucked in the NFL, but man was a he a dominant college player. If he was rreincarnated in college again, people would fall for him again.
Hard to believe there was once a debate over who was better between him and Larry Fitzgerald.