Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Rolando McClain presents an interesting possibility. Need? yes. Talent? yes.

Under Pioli, no way, but Andy does seem to like reclamation projects and isn't afraid to sign one.

At this point, it seems to be moot since ESPN (and others) are reporting that he is near to a deal with the Ravens. Oh, well.
Yeah, I saw the article talking about him and the Ravens coming close to terms. Oh well...It'll be interesting to see what the Chiefs do with that other ILB spot. I guess worst case, maybe wait till next year and target Andrew Jackson from WKU. IDK.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone else heard the rumors that Hali is on the trade block?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
has anyone else heard the rumors that Hali is on the trade block?
I haven't heard a rumor but there has been some idle speculation that if they liked Dion Jordan enough to draft him, then they would trade Hali.

Some people have too much time on their hands.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting tidbits from the Star today:

- Allegedly, Albert to Dolphins is heating up. Personally, I don't like the prospect of trading a good, proven left tackle for a rookie LT. Could be Joeckel or Fisher winds up better, I still think the Chiefs have an opportunity to win quick, but losing Albert hurts that. If they could get a first or a 2nd and a 3rd that would be better.

- Jon Baldwin is looking good in minicamp. Again. I won't believe in Baldwin until he produces in a real football game. Even a preseason game. I think the Chiefs should definitely be going for a receiver in the draft. I like Markus Wheaton if available in the 3rd.

- Nice article on the corners. Flowers, Smith and Robinson is a pretty legit trio. They are talking about playing a lot of man which means the front 7 has to get to the QB. If the Chiefs wind up with a tackle at 1-1 and not a pass rusher, I still think they will look to upgrade the pressure. A great way to do that would be to upgrade the DEs. Would be nice if Bailey stepped up but I'm not holding my breath. Would like to see the Chiefs target the William Gholston's, Joe Kruger's, and Devin Taylor's of the world later in the draft. Tons of long ends that could bulk up and provide the Chiefs with a stout, yet athletic DL.

The end.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a report on the internet (RotoWorld, Arrowhead Pride, Arrowhead Addict, etc.) that the Chiefs have traded Javier Arenas for Arizona Cardinals FB Anthony Sherman. Did John Dorsey just get bent over...again? Am I missing something because this trade doesn't make much sense to me. Of course, it doesn't make much sense for the Cards either.

A fullback??? Didn't we just draft a fullback?
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
There's a report on the internet (RotoWorld, Arrowhead Pride, Arrowhead Addict, etc.) that the Chiefs have traded Javier Arenas for Arizona Cardinals FB Anthony Sherman. Did John Dorsey just get bent over...again? Am I missing something because this trade doesn't make much sense to me. Of course, it doesn't make much sense for the Cards either.

A fullback??? Didn't we just draft a fullback?
It's true. I'm so glad we traded the best TE ever for a 2nd round pick and drafted Javier Arenas with that pick...
Old 05-16-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The New England Patriots released Kyle Love after he was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I would like the Chiefs to bring him in for a look. The DL could still use upgrades at both ends and Love might be productive.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
The New England Patriots released Kyle Love after he was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I would like the Chiefs to bring him in for a look. The DL could still use upgrades at both ends and Love might be productive.
He was claimed by the Jags. I think they got a good one there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4880/quintin-demps

Quote:
Chiefs signed S Quintin Demps, formerly of the Texans.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does winning the first game strike everyone. We did it so well last year.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Jags are awful so not going to get to excited but I'm loving this D especially Dontari Poe and Justin Houston.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Jags are awful so not going to get to excited but I'm loving this D especially Dontari Poe and Justin Houston.
I'm going to avoid being pessimistic for this week. I could of easily seen them choking this game away, as they almost always play bad in the state of Florida.

They won and dominated a bad team they should of, for once. That's a step in the right direction.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Justin Houston AFC D player of the week.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man that A Football Life: Derrick Thomas was POWERFUL !! the last part if it I felt tears coming. R.I.P DT gone way too soon
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Justin Houston AFC D player of the week.
He is on pace for 40 sacks. 22 would be a record.

That said, I doubt he sees a solo block the rest of the year. With Poe shading left of the C, the RG (that seems backwards doesnt it?) may have to double in, so the second blocker will often be a RB or TE.

the point was validly made that the times we got hurt by the Eagles, we were running a stunt, eg Berry blitzing on the Vick run.
\
J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta say, I'm pretty amazed at where the Chiefs are at with the 6-0 record. It hasn't all been pretty. But the boys in red deserve their due. As a lifelong Chiefs fan, this is a HUGE relief from recent years. And, dare I say, this harkens back to some of those 90s Marty Schottenheimer teams. Decent offense, crushing defense, and the loudest stadium in the world!

First off, one of the big concerns I had coming in was Bob Sutton and this defense. I knew we had some talent on the defense with 6 pro-bowlers and all> But I really had my doubts about Bob Sutton. To me, he was an unknown. Long-time position coach that didn't have much experience coordinating an entire defense. Boy, has he shocked the crap out of me. He has this defense looking FIERCE. Getting picks and laying licks all over the place.

Dontari Poe...I have to admit, I had my doubts about him when we drafted him. I thought this would be just another, in a long line of Chiefs' defensive tackles that just doesn't pan out. The kid has been a monster this year and arguably the best interior lineman in the league.

Sean Smith has been everything I hoped he was when we got him. You don't hear his name called much because he's taking care of his side of the field.

And who in blazes is this Marcus Cooper kid? Right now, he is one of John Dorsey's best gets. Not sure why the 49ers let this kid hit the waiver wire. But their loss has certainly been our gain. And he's only a rookie. Theoretically he's going to get even better. Which is great for a secondary that you could argue is already "loaded".

And Quinten Demps....? Young man is currently one of the league leaders in INTs.

I can't really complain about the defense at all. They have far exceeded what I expected out of them this year. Kudos to Bob Sutton and his defensive staff!

Now, the offense....

I've been arguing for some time that Alex Smith is what he is. He's not the type of QB that is going to put a team on his shoulders and lead to a bunch of victories. Nor is he the type of QB that is going to light up a scoreboard. And, to date, he hasn't changed my opinion of him. And that has been a problem. Historically, Alex Smith, even behind that great 49er offensive line, was known for taking a lot of sacks. And that's still proving to be the case.

Now, it isn't all his fault.

Eric Fisher, IMO, has been a disappointment so far. I know, he's a rookie. And I know he's playing a new position. But I expected much more from the #1 overall pick in the draft. Note: Luke Joeckel, from what I've read and heard, wasn't doing too much better before he got hurt.

I've mentioned this before, but this organization has two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks invested in the offensive line. It should be better than this. From a pass pro and run blocking perspective. But not all the pass pro is the offensive line's fault. Some of the blame lays at the feet of Alex Smith because I have seen where he just holds on to the ball too long. So the blame is shared.

But even that said, Jamal Charles isn't getting the creases he's gotten in the past. And that's a problem. And it could be an even bigger problem as the weeks go on and the competition gets tougher. As mentioned, Alex Smith isn't a top tier QB. He's going to need a solid running game to take the pressure off the passing game.

And where is the production from the passing game? I know Alex Smith has some solid passing numbers in some games. But it'd be interesting to see how much of that is YAC yards.

I think going into the offseason, one of the top priorities has to be upgrading the WR spot. Preferably with some speed. But I'll take any one that can get open or get position and can catch the ball. I do not want to hear about the Chiefs spending yet another high pick on an offensive lineman. I know we may lose Albert after this year. And Asamoah is a UFA. But this team is in desperate need of a WR that can be a significant threat opposite of Bowe (and Alex Smith needs to get better getting the WRs in the game).

The offense needs to get better. Right now we can lean on the defense because they are playing out of their world. But the day may come when the defense won't be able to carry the load.

All that being said, how many of us thought the Chiefs would be 6-0 at this point? I know I didn't. I was hoping for 4-2. Yes, we have our issues. But hats off to Andy Reid for the huge turn around.

Go CHIEFS!
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Agreed, and on all your points. I will say, Fisher needs to be better. The difference between right and left tackle and right and left guard is negligible. The technique remains the same, and he needs to be better. I think a big issue from him is strength, we see him get pushed around. We saw that in the Raiders game against Sio Moore (a fellow rookie). I think a year in a professional strength program will do him good. The feet are there, for the most part. I think strength is the biggest problem.

Upgrading WR should be a top top priority. Speed would be nice but not necessarily as important as a guy that runs good routes. Add speed to route running and he could work wonders. Tight end is a big need as well, the Bearded One is a nice find but I believe he could be easily upgraded over.

Running back could be an issue as well. Jamaal Charles is easily the best player on offense, but with one surgically repaired knee and his workload the Chiefs need to be prepared for life without him. Knile Davis I have hopes for, but I don't see a lot of shiftiness out of him and he still puts the ball on the ground. Call me crazy, but I get kind of excited thinking about Lache Seastrunk taking over for Jamaal someday.

Without knowing about Tyler Bray, the Chiefs need to continue to think long term about the quarterback. Hopefully, the Chiefs will be picking 32 and all the best QBs will be gone, so I don't know how to address that. But they should be looking.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Also, with the way the defense is playing, I'd be shocked if teams weren't calling Sutton about their head coaching job. The difference between this year and last, with essentially the same cast of players, has been shocking.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

There are some butt-hurt Seattle fans on some other sites I have seen about the sound record. I think it's cool and all but I was a hell of alot more concerned with winning the game than breaking the record.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are some butt-hurt Seattle fans on some other sites I have seen about the sound record. I think it's cool and all but I was a hell of alot more concerned with winning the game than breaking the record.
Me too, but isn't it great that we were able to do both?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Everyone should read this:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...broncos-week-6

Old 10-15-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Eric Fisher trying and I do mean trying to block JJ Watt this weekend has me extremely nervous. Please don't get Alex hurt...
Old 10-15-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eric Fisher trying and I do mean trying to block JJ Watt this weekend has me extremely nervous. Please don't get Alex hurt...
keep an extra TE to help him is what i'd do
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
keep an extra TE to help him is what i'd do
Happy B-Day!