Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
Bono made the Pro Bowl in 1995. He QB'ed them to a 13-3 season, which Joe didn't do.
Okay? And Joe guided the Chiefs to the AFC Championship. Which Bono didn't do. One stellar year isn't indicative of being a good player. Scott Mitchell did the same thing.

Quote:
I think that it's irrelevant that they didn't win every game in the early and mid-2000's. However, if they did do what I was talking about, it made them much better than they would have been otherwise because their talent level was average back then.

They didn't win every game, but the cheating (if done) may have got this mediocre team three Super Bowl wins, an 18-game regular season winning streak, two 14-win seasons, one 12-win season, and five division titles in the seasons leading up to 2007.
But if the Patriots had an advantage in profiling teams why didn't they win every game? It's completely relevant. I mean you brought that aspect of the Patriots organization in conjunction to the table. You can't just dismiss it because it doesn't fit your agenda. You have to look at both sides of the coin. And once the story leaked why did Brady continue to have success? Why is he still playing relatively well with scrub receivers?

There is no evidence at all in terms of how much cheating was done, how long it was done, how many teams it may or may not have been geared towards, and what effect it even ultimately had on the outcome. All of that is pure conjecture.

Quote:
I didn't say that 30 TD's was some magic number. I only point out the fact that he didn't do that until Moss and Welker got there to make a point: That Brady gets a lot more credit than he deserves, as do a lot of QB's. Moss should have been MVP in 2007. He caught about half of Tom's TD passes that year.
But why even bring up 30 touchdowns? Why not 32 touchdowns? Why not 29 touchdowns? And yeah, he didn't put up those numbers until he had Welker and Moss instead of Deion Branch, David Givens, and David Patten. Surprising. Just as shocking that Montana didn't put up more touchdowns until Rice and Taylor were on the 49ers. Better players yields better results.

Quote:
Also, I know that Elway and Aikman never threw for 30 TD's. And, I know that doesn't mean they sucked (although, on this one forum that I go on that I was trying to tell Jordan Taber about in the PM, people like to rip Elway a new one because of his stats under Reeves). Aikman was in more of a running offense, and for the first ten years of his career, Elway played for a rigid coach who felt that the players should fit to his scheme, not the other way around.
Okay then. More to the point that putting up huge numbers doesn't mean you are necessarily the better than someone else that may not put up huge numbers. Some of it relies on scheme and surrounding personnel other than just pure ability. So using an arbitrary benchmark for touchdowns in a season that isn't achieved usually doesn't tell the entire story. Especially when it comes to a player regarded by most people to be one of the better quarterbacks of his era. Maybe the best.

Hey you can have an opinion of Brady being overrated or a fraud. I think it's lunacy, but you're allowed to have it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote