Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually discussing this my roommate last night. We both got AC3 right when it came out. I played sporadically but the game never kept me entertained. He played it through but was annoyed how much he left behind in each act but had no motivation to play it again.

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the "second games" (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) as they added a lot to the formula and Ezio was a great character but I feel like they tried too hard with the third.

Connor bores me. The Templars aren't really that compelling of bad guys. The massive maps are good in theory but meh. I miss the idea of climbing up massive buildings in Rome or Constantinople but everything here is like 3 stories at most. There isn't really Armor upgrade and no real compelling side quests like the Puzzles in the other series.

I have hopes for AC4 but unfortunately I have to slog through AC3 to even get there.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I haven't played 3 but I heard this.

The tyranny of the king DLC with Washington as king of America had me very excited. I'd like to play that one day.

But black flag looks like it might be the best in the franchise. I remember multiplayer on brotherhood. Played that with friends for hours at a time.
I DON'T KNOW WHY I LOOKED AT THAT SPOILER!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
My heart legit hurts that I ruined that for you. I felt like that when it was just sitting wide open in another thread not even AC related.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

In fairness... I feel little. While that is like a MASSIVE spoiler I feel pretty meh about it which is even more sad for me.

On another related note Spoiler Tags are literally the worst. They just taunt you into opening them and more often then not you regret it.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, a day when Mario and Master Chief and Kratos can be talked about in the same conversation without any prejudice.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what Sony Santa Monica is working on now that they brought back Cory Barlog. I'd love a God of War game about Kratos' brother.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I don't think that's true? It's been a while since I played AC3 but I certainly do not recall this.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat AC 3 and that is not true.

Also God of war over shadows it, but Ninja Gaiden > God of War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I remember I got nightmare creatures for n64 back in my day and I was too scared to play at night lol
Still plenty of games that can make you feel like curling up in a ball under your desk :D

I made the mistake of taking up a bet from a friend that I could make it through Amnesia: Dark Descent under his rules: At night only, no lights on in the house, and headphones must be worn and played at a level where ambient noise could be heard.

Good gawd was that a terrifying experience. I'm not one for "scare thrills" as is.

Another game that would be EXCELLENT for that type of scenario would be Outlast. I played for a bit at a friends with speakers and it was similarly terrifying.

Give me a weapon so I can defend myself or at least feel like I could potentially defend myself. The entire "you have no chance but to hide" premise goes completely against the norm xD
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I beat AC 3 and that is not true.

Also God of war over shadows it, but Ninja Gaiden > God of War.
So glad that's not true. And **** Ninja Gaiden. I stopped playing after the first boss. Hardest game I ever played.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So glad that's not true. And **** Ninja Gaiden. I stopped playing after the first boss. Hardest game I ever played.
And exactly why it was better. I got through GoW literally by doing nothing other than mashing the X button to combo, no blocking, or dodging necessary. It was fun, but gaiden's fighting system was so perfect, forced you to be lightening quick with your reflexes and how you fought. I loved how unforgiving it was, and that the first two bosses turned most people away.

Its probably why I also love Dark Souls. Games hand hold far too much now a days. I want a god damn challenge, and not a cheap challenge. Both Gaiden and Souls was punishing but never felt cheap, mostly I always knew it was my own fault for dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I haven't played a pokemon game in about 10 years. If I had the extra money I'd buy a 3DS and get either X or Y.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I think I am doing that today Bert :-x
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand not breaking what works, but how has there never been an official pokemon MMO?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Everyone continues to ask that Damix... I just don't know.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Son I am very very very disappoint.

Quote:
Naughty Dog has dismissed the idea of porting apocalyptic epic The Last of Us to PS4.

During a Q&A posted on the PlayStation blog, Naughty Dog's community strategist Eric Monacelli engaged with fan questions, including one which asked whether the game would be ported to next-gen.

"We have no plans to do that," was Monacelli's short but sweet response.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pokemon games are worth it. Wrapped that up on a weekend binge, but so god damn worth it. The compulsion loop just completely hooks me in there.

...and yeah, add me to the people that didn't complete Assassin's Creed III. I've gone at it like three times with the intention of finishing it, but I've walked away to play or do other things each time. I kind of came into it a few months late, so I had heard all of the criticism levied at it before playing. Some of it I wrote off. Without playing it, it sounded like people were just sort of mad that they went with a new protagonist.

Nothing feels right in that game though. I was super stoked for it because of the location they chose(it's still super cool for me walking around Boston and recognizing where I am), but it really under delivered. Connor might not have been a bad character on paper, but both the writing and the voice acting was absolutely terrible. The voice acting in particular. I was actually sort of interested in the character when he was younger. The second we went to older Connor and changed actors though...blah. It just didn't work. Connor just seemed to be angry and disagreeable the entire time without the writing doing anything to navigate why.

Outside of the traversal, the gameplay/combat in those games has always been terrible to average...but it really felt like it was just sort of there because it had to be in ACIII. Somewhat improved stealth offered a little bit more, but outside of that it was pretty much the same bad gameplay mechanics from the previous titles. They really need to just throw everything out there and start building something new from the ground up.

Still, the series gets ONE more chance for me with Assassin's Creed IV. I feel like they may be Madden'ing me, but the devs have kind of talked about the issues present with ACIII and have expressed an interest in fixing them. The setting and characters look far cooler. We'll see though. I don't think I'm willing to pay full price for it, but I might be able to snag a 25% discount from Greenmangaming or something.

I've been meaning to play the Ninja Gaiden games. I played the first of the newer ones on the OG Xbox a long time ago, but I haven't really touched them since for whatever reason.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The Pokemon games are worth it. Wrapped that up on a weekend binge, but so god damn worth it. The compulsion loop just completely hooks me in there.

...and yeah, add me to the people that didn't complete Assassin's Creed III. I've gone at it like three times with the intention of finishing it, but I've walked away to play or do other things each time. I kind of came into it a few months late, so I had heard all of the criticism levied at it before playing. Some of it I wrote off. Without playing it, it sounded like people were just sort of mad that they went with a new protagonist.

Nothing feels right in that game though. I was super stoked for it because of the location they chose(it's still super cool for me walking around Boston and recognizing where I am), but it really under delivered. Connor might not have been a bad character on paper, but both the writing and the voice acting was absolutely terrible. The voice acting in particular. I was actually sort of interested in the character when he was younger. The second we went to older Connor and changed actors though...blah. It just didn't work. Connor just seemed to be angry and disagreeable the entire time without the writing doing anything to navigate why.

Outside of the traversal, the gameplay/combat in those games has always been terrible to average...but it really felt like it was just sort of there because it had to be in ACIII. Somewhat improved stealth offered a little bit more, but outside of that it was pretty much the same bad gameplay mechanics from the previous titles. They really need to just throw everything out there and start building something new from the ground up.

Still, the series gets ONE more chance for me with Assassin's Creed IV. I feel like they may be Madden'ing me, but the devs have kind of talked about the issues present with ACIII and have expressed an interest in fixing them. The setting and characters look far cooler. We'll see though. I don't think I'm willing to pay full price for it, but I might be able to snag a 25% discount from Greenmangaming or something.
I don't think I could say it better myself. I just need to buckle down and actually beat the 3rd one but since X & Y came out its all I can think of. So here I find myself buying a damn DS to play the games. Most likely today too.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The PSX era has to be my favorite period for video games. That console produced my top 5 favorite games of all time.

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Final Fantasy 7
3. Parasite Eve
4. Gran Turismo 2
5. Tenchu

Going from SNES and side scrolling Mario games to those titles was amazing to behold.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
... Words... cannot... find ... for. Yeah.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Derrick Rose is in that trailer... clearly the game doesn't understand he isn't going to play for 6 more years.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do I need a 3DS Or will all the pokemon games work with a regular DS?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

The new ones (X & Y) need a 3DS