Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-17-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I can't even think of anything to say in here. God this season is awful.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 games left and we are right now 0-6.

let's play a guessing game..

What will be the record for the 10 games? 10-0? 5-5? 4-6? 6-4? What will be the record for the final 10 games?

I will say 4-6 for the remaining 10 games.

so 4-12. If we get on a roll, then 5-5, .500 for the 10 games, and be 5-11.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping 3-7 and we go 3-13 for the season, which would secure the 3 seed at worst for us in all likelihood.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know but part of me still feels like something is going to click. It's probably just the optimist in me but I can see us still winning 5 or 6 games. I know thats pretty much the worst case scenario draft wise but maybe it'll get Coughlin a place here with the caveat Gilbride and Fewell need to go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Coughlin isn't going to get fired. But I'm pretty confident that we'll see a shakeup to his staff.

Fewell is gone. That's a given. It wouldn't surprise me if Ross is gone too, as a warning to Reese.

Gilbride...he's 50/50. I don't know if he's gone or not.

But there will be a shakeup of sorts. Winning 5 games is literally the worst thing we can do at this point.

I want either the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft. The 2nd pick = Clowney. The 3rd pick is more valuable than the 1 or 2 bc that's the pick everyone is going to trade for so we can really cash in with a bunch of picks if we land the 3rd pick.

So as long as we get a top 3 pick I'm good. If we don't, we're just screwing ourselves.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we if we have a top 3 pick then Coughlin is gone. If we get our stuff together somewhat and end up middle of the pack I think it's going to be the scenario we both just described with the coordinators on the way out. There will still be talent in the middle of the 1st.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know but if you're gonna suck hard at any point of the Eli Manning era, you want to do it for a once in a generation talent (Clowney) or for multiple picks (3rd pick overall).

Sucking and not getting either of those scenarios out of it doesn't really do anything for us, it's just a wasted year.

I think even if we lose that many games Coughlin stays. It sounds like the Maras aren't going to do that to him.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I guess. They are very loyal. Maybe Coughlin decides to hang them up?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's possible. Honestly at this point I'm open to all scenarios.

We need a shakeup. I love Coughlin and prefer he stays with a new staff. But I'm open to all the possibilities now.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will win against the Vikings, Oakland and a few other places. 4-6 seems probable. That's 2 wins, and we will probably play spoiler to someone else.

Like I said, pretend Clowney isn't in the draft. So this way you won't be upset if we don't get in. Also, if we do draft him, then you can run around your place without pants in sheer happiness.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I hope Cox has a chance to play. He has good leg thrust as he hits the hole. We need to see more of him against the Vikings.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I'd like to see what Cox has to offer as well. Now's the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings will beat us. BELIEVE!

I'm rooting for us to go 3-13, keep coughlin, lose Fewell and Gilbride, draft clowney, sign a starting OL in FA and win a SB in the next 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

If that happens great. But I don't think we will go 3-7 the rest of the way. That's a whole new level of god awful. I think the Jags and Bucs will take care of that.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want no part in Coughlin next year. I'd prefer to keep Gilbride over him.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I want no part in Coughlin next year. I'd prefer to keep Gilbride over him.
Really? How come?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Oh god no thanks. I don't mind keeping Coughlin if both coordinator goes. HOF HCs just don't fall in your lap. On the other hand, I am interested in Reese as a GM. How good is he at picking a HC and QB? That's when a GM can truly stamp his team as his own. Reese fell into a situation where both were picked for him. I want to see how he can do if he has to pick a HC and QB in the future.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Really? How come?
The team has quit on him. He preaches discipline and the team has none. Our ST have been bad for the entire time hes been here.

He ran his course, I'm happy for the two SB, but its time to go.

Gilbride, eh, I hate some of his situation play calling, but pretty much every OC has the same issue.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Team hasn't quit on him. If that were the case it would be like the Bill Sheridan year where the doors completely fall off. The team is still fighting. If the team quits then we are in the drivers seat for # 1 overall pick.

We need to see how the team does against the Vikings and Oakland.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

This team has definitely quit, there is no fight as soon as one thing goes wrong.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This team has definitely quit, there is no fight as soon as one thing goes wrong.
Totally disagree. Plenty went wrong in the Bears game and we were there at the end only to have something go wrong again.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
If the team quit we would have be owned after the first series in Chicago. The team fought hard until the last drive. That's the definition of fighting not quitting.

The team may quit down the road if the 0 win total stays 0. However, as of now, this team hasn't quit on coughlin.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I also disagree with the assertion that the team has quit on Coughlin. I just don't see it.

I'm more concerned that Gilbride isn't communicating enough to the offensive players. That Reuben Randle article from a few days ago was kind of eye opening and scary.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well we do have a new WR coach people may or may not realize. His name....

Kevin Gilbride Jr.

He got promoted from offensive quality control to his very own position now.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I also disagree with the assertion that the team has quit on Coughlin. I just don't see it.

I'm more concerned that Gilbride isn't communicating enough to the offensive players. That Reuben Randle article from a few days ago was kind of eye opening and scary.
Can you post a link?