Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Its literally the same thing.

They caved and improved their product, ergo they were bashing Microsoft for improving their product.
Actually to say they "improved their product" is a stretch as most who favor the Xbox wanted to keep the features that Microsoft got rid of.

All about if you think taking away the features actually "made it better", which most don't think so.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any sane person that is in favor of DRM.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And maybe no one knows this, but is the A link between worlds sequel going to be released on the Wii U as well as the 3ds? Cause I am not getting a 3DS and want that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I don't think any sane person that is in favor of DRM.
Over the long haul it would be the same as Stream thus lowering the cost of games. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Personally I didn't like the changes on the Xbox (I voiced that pretty loudly) but wanted them to keep it the way it was so they were different.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And maybe no one knows this, but is the A link between worlds sequel going to be released on the Wii U as well as the 3ds? Cause I am not getting a 3DS and want that game.
Appears only DS... and further cements my decision to buy one.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I should stay up on this stuff more. People criticized them for getting rid of the stuff they were getting criticized for? That doesn't make sense...
Because Microsoft was really vague with alot of the designs the xb1 had so people started assuming the worst.

MS- We want to move toward all digital gaming

Fanboys- OH MY GOD NO USED GAMES!

MS- We'll allow up to ten people to play games digitally from your library of your choosing

Fanboys- Oh my god you cant borrow games!

MS- Kinect will come with Xb1

Fanboys- Oh my god Microsoft is always watching us!

In fairness, MS sucked at getting these points across but people just took speculation to such ridiculous levels. Ive never seen anything like it. Now that the policy has changed however, people now are cool with the 10 person sharing thing, but now MS isnt doing it. Which is so lame because idk about you, but 1. I dont have more than 10 friends who would be asking me to borrow a game and 2. I'd love to be able to borrow games without leaving my house.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea of being able to lend a digital game to a friend was pretty cool....but I'm not sure how good it would have been in practice. Some guy who has come out and leaked quite a few things about Microsoft(some things video game related, some things about other stuff) had come out and said that game sharing was going to be a glorified demo, essentially.

Steam is coming out to allow people to do that now as well. Still not a ton of detail on how it will work, but it's a cool option to have.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The idea of being able to lend a digital game to a friend was pretty cool....but I'm not sure how good it would have been in practice. Some guy who has come out and leaked quite a few things about Microsoft(some things video game related, some things about other stuff) had come out and said that game sharing was going to be a glorified demo, essentially.

Steam is coming out to allow people to do that now as well. Still not a ton of detail on how it will work, but it's a cool option to have.
I read that, and IGN actually had an interview with an exec at Microsoft debunked that rumor and basically called it out for being as ridiculous as it sounds. He said the entire thing would be made available. Whether or not thats true is up for speculation but idk why they would get everyones hopes ups for that and then just have a timed demo.

Either way they should have had a more concrete and comprehensible plan for the thing prior to unveiling it, and they only have themselves to blame for the confusion.

Sony played everything perfectly by just playing off of MS's failures.

Also, to add to my PC comment earlier, I need steam.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...ource=facebook

Quote:
Call of Duty: Ghosts publisher Activision has thrown down the gauntlet, warning Grand Theft Auto V developer Rockstar not to get too comfortable with all the records its broken.

"Congratulations to the team at Rockstar for their success," he said, before adding, "We look forward to getting the record back before the next GTA title.
Good luck with that.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read that, and IGN actually had an interview with an exec at Microsoft debunked that rumor and basically called it out for being as ridiculous as it sounds. He said the entire thing would be made available. Whether or not thats true is up for speculation but idk why they would get everyones hopes ups for that and then just have a timed demo.

Either way they should have had a more concrete and comprehensible plan for the thing prior to unveiling it, and they only have themselves to blame for the confusion.

Sony played everything perfectly by just playing off of MS's failures.

Also, to add to my PC comment earlier, I need steam.
Well, in fairness, they have everything to gain by lying about it after they've done away with the process. We'll never know, but the guy who leaked it hasn't been wrong too often before.

I don't know, as much as I agree that the response the the Xbox One was slightly overblown, I can see where it came from. Microsoft has done some things that don't exactly treat the prospective buyers of their product with a whole ton of respect.

The used game controversy was overblown(to an extent), but there's still some merit to the entire thing. They certainly failed to show the benefits of such a system for consumers. If we're really just buying licenses to play games as opposed to games, you have to give something in return for the loss of freedom. The used games thing has really been looming on the horizon for a very long time. The industry is borderline obsessed with the secondhand market. I understand that it sucks for them to lose out on revenue to retailers, but used games are not always lost sales. If they were really all that concerned about it, it's well within their capability to be more aggressive with digital pricing already. Especially after the launch window. There's been cases where an older game on PSN or the Xbox marketplace is $60 when it's $20 down the street from me at Gamestop or Target.

It's pretty clear to anyone with a brain that both companies want to **** you any way they can, but Sony seemed to suggest that they wanted to take you out to dinner and get to know you first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You're underestimating just how large the canine market is. Completely untapped.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-18-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

EE thats like the third time I wish I could have repped you this week. Nicely done. But in all seriousness Ghosts probably will break that record because people want more CoD Modern Warfare 1 v . 08 or whatever iteration theyre on.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
EE thats like the third time I wish I could have repped you this week. Nicely done. But in all seriousness Ghosts probably will break that record because people want more CoD Modern Warfare 1 v . 08 or whatever iteration theyre on.
Nah. CoD is like KFC. When it first came out it was awesome. You wanted it all the time. Now, how often do you want KFC? When is the last time you actually CARED about wanting KFC? I haven't had KFC in a long ass time.

The parents of the 8-14 year olds will still get it but it won't break the record. I think BF4 does better than CoD
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Every iteration of BF gets predicted to beating Cod in sales and never comes that close. Literally every release they predict this will be the one to be the CoD killer, and people still eat up the same game to break records every year. Idk I'll believe it when I see it.

Also I missed the Destiny discussion, but we are totally getting a SWDC crew together for that ****.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I think the Xbox1 is still the same price as before, but I haven't been keeping up with any of this.
I think the one without Kinect will be released, but maybe not at the official launch (?). Not super sure on that, but it's the impression that I got.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also how bad ass is this trailer?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/17...rigins-tv-spot

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every iteration of BF gets predicted to beating Cod in sales and never comes that close. Literally every release they predict this will be the one to be the CoD killer, and people still eat up the same game to break records every year. Idk I'll believe it when I see it.

Also I missed the Destiny discussion, but we are totally getting a SWDC crew together for that ****.
Which shows you how people are unable to even think for themselves. People just get so locked in on Call of Duty they can't seem to comprehend something else over it. BF is SUCH a better series. It's a shame that it won't pass CoD in sales.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Which shows you how people are unable to even think for themselves. People just get so locked in on Call of Duty they can't seem to comprehend something else over it. BF is SUCH a better series. It's a shame that it won't pass CoD in sales.
Honestly in my short time with BF I havent really gotten hooked as easily as CoD. I think theres more of a learning curve to BF, which isnt a bad thing, but it doesnt make it as easily accessible to new players as CoD does.

Which blows my mind considering how many people will try to tell you how hard CoD is as an FPS. I never understood that line of thinking.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never beat an Assassins Creed game. I've owned most of them, but god damn do they get boring.

If you play Pokemon X/Y post your Friend Code. 4382-2047-3511 I give Paras, Venomoth, and Volbeat in the Friend Safari. Sorry ><

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

My code for Pokemon is 1864-9761-0805.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Can someone explain the difference between x and y?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Can someone explain the difference between x and y?
Really not a whole ton. Few(not many) different Pokemnon and a different legendary at the end. Pick the cover you like best and go from there.

Bought Resident Evil Revelations on a sale Gamefly was having on Capcom games. Cheap vidya gaems are the best vidya gaems. Much more like what I want a Resident Evil title to feel like. It's a little bit slower in terms of pace of gameplay than 4...but not by much. It works. It's a shame that a 3DS game that was probably half the cost of Resident Evil 6 to make is that much better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF was never as gimmicky as CoD. It didn't have one or two guns that would just rape everything else. It didn't really have any way to just manipulate the game to being god-like at it. For the most part, you actually had to try and learn the game.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly in my short time with BF I havent really gotten hooked as easily as CoD. I think theres more of a learning curve to BF, which isnt a bad thing, but it doesnt make it as easily accessible to new players as CoD does.

Which blows my mind considering how many people will try to tell you how hard CoD is as an FPS. I never understood that line of thinking.
Yeah but...it's so much better in every possible way.

And CoD is easy. In BF you actually need to have a brain because of having to deal with a wide variety of vehicles and classes.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah but...it's so much better in every possible way.

And CoD is easy. In BF you actually need to have a brain because of having to deal with a wide variety of vehicles and classes.
Pssh. I prefer to just be able to pick my __(insert ridiculously overpowered gun)___ or my ___(insert gun that is a prototype or a failed attempt to replace the m16)___ and winzzzzzz

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think there's room for both types of gameplay. Call of Duty certainly requires less mental processing power and is a more arcadey, quick game....but there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself. It's just gone stale at this point. To me, Titanfall looks like the best elements of those games with some serious new mechanical wrinkles.

Honestly, I'm sick of Battlefield as well. I understand the economic realities of sequels and market appeal, but I'm so completely sick of military shooters. It's just been done to death at this point. I've taken a pretty good sized break from those games. I may jump in on Battlefield 4, but that will depend on what's going on when it finally comes out.

...how's that run on your PC Forenci? You have a 680, right? Thought I remember you saying something about being in the beta. A little bit worried my 670's are going to melt trying to play that game at 1440p.

R.I.P. Junior Seau