Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-28-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
b_rent87
Rookie

b_rent87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lyerla reminds me of Aaron Hernandez, with his off field incidents and on field play, don't believe he will ever be accused of a murder though.

I like Lynch being a UGA fan, but he drops open passes as well, and Jay Rome is the one to look at for 2015 or 2016 in Athens.
b_rent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rent87 View Post
Lyerla reminds me of Aaron Hernandez, with his off field incidents and on field play, don't believe he will ever be accused of a murder though.

I like Lynch being a UGA fan, but he drops open passes as well, and Jay Rome is the one to look at for 2015 or 2016 in Athens.
Saw where he spouted off about the shooting in conn. but what off field incidents are we talking with Lyerla?
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see what Troy Niklas (ND, rJR) can do as a starter. He's basically a combo of Eifert and Rudolph.

The one TE that excites me the most is the aforementioned Kyle Carter. He's everything we wanted from Jermichael Finley and more.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASJ by far.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
I'm excited to see what Troy Niklas (ND, rJR) can do as a starter. He's basically a combo of Eifert and Rudolph.

The one TE that excites me the most is the aforementioned Kyle Carter. He's everything we wanted from Jermichael Finley and more.
Niklas doesn't look like he's in the same league as the two guys you mentioned but for the Irish's sake i hope you're right.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Niklas doesn't possess the speed or athleticism comparable to either Eifert or Rudolph. He is however alot stronger and a better blocker. I for sure thought he was a tackle coming out of Servite.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Niklas doesn't look like he's in the same league as the two guys you mentioned but for the Irish's sake i hope you're right.
I agree he is not on Eiferts level but i dont think he is that far of Rudolph. He has very good straight line speed and is bigger than both of em. I think he could very well end up a more agile dion sims, great blocker at the position who is a more than average receiver, great combo.

He is however (more a comment to the initial poster) a true junior this year, not a RS junior

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...led-ineligible

Old 10-06-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I agree he is not on Eiferts level but i dont think he is that far of Rudolph. He has very good straight line speed and is bigger than both of em. I think he could very well end up a more agile dion sims, great blocker at the position who is a more than average receiver, great combo.

He is however (more a comment to the initial poster) a true junior this year, not a RS junior
Just posted in some other threads, but watched him closely tonight in the Cowboy stadium, and am wowed.... I see Pro Bowl ability when I watched him, focused on him away from the ball, and then of course when the ball came.

He's just a monster, a mismatch. Not sure what his timed speed is going to be, but guys like Witten and Gonzalez don't often create a lot of separation, but you can't coach size. A 6'1 LB or 6'0" safety can have perfect coverage on Nicklas, but a good pass and it's still a TD with his size and hands I witnessed tonight.

I look forward to seeing his progress the rest of this year and the path to the NFL.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure I know what this means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:08 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Just posted in some other threads, but watched him closely tonight in the Cowboy stadium, and am wowed.... I see Pro Bowl ability when I watched him, focused on him away from the ball, and then of course when the ball came.

He's just a monster, a mismatch. Not sure what his timed speed is going to be, but guys like Witten and Gonzalez don't often create a lot of separation, but you can't coach size. A 6'1 LB or 6'0" safety can have perfect coverage on Nicklas, but a good pass and it's still a TD with his size and hands I witnessed tonight.

I look forward to seeing his progress the rest of this year and the path to the NFL.
Ow agreed, he is taking steps every single game. Also, he isnt the surest inline blocker yet (although he either whiffs completely or handles good rushers 1 on 1) but his blocking in space is just absolutely amazing, he gets himself into great positions and if he gets his hands on linebackers or DBs its just over, they dont even somewhat influence a play anymore, they end up on their butts

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Clive Walford.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I got a chance to see Ebron last night for the first time and was very impressed with his receiving skills. I think he has a chance at being elite.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
I got a chance to see Ebron last night for the first time and was very impressed with his receiving skills. I think he has a chance at being elite.
His willingness to block is what really grabs my attention. He's not great at it yet but he doesn't shy away from it at all. Looks like he'll measure in at 6'4 254 and he's an athletic freak.

35 NFL scouts at the game last night say him go for 8 receptions, 199 yards, 1 TD. It's between ASJ and Eazy E for the first TE taken and it might be closer than people think.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have it 1. Ebron 2. ASJ 3. Lyerla 4. Amaro 5. Fiedorowicz right now.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ebron would look real good in red & gold next year :D
Old 10-21-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
His willingness to block is what really grabs my attention. He's not great at it yet but he doesn't shy away from it at all. Looks like he'll measure in at 6'4 254 and he's an athletic freak.

35 NFL scouts at the game last night say him go for 8 receptions, 199 yards, 1 TD. It's between ASJ and Eazy E for the first TE taken and it might be closer than people think.
Alot closer.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the right system I would say Nick O'Leary has done a lot to improve his stock this season. I'd guess he's gone from off the radar to the 4th to 7th round area.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Ebron would look real good in green & gold next year :D
Fixed that for you.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not understanding the ASJ hype. Troy Niklas needs more love. He's no less talented as a receiver and is one of the best pass and run blockers. Having the kind of season I was hoping to see.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASJ reminds me of Jermichael Finley and not necessarily in a good way. He doesn't necessarily have "character concerns" but he's also not exactly a popular guy. He'll get wide open and then drop passes for you. He isn't going to give you much blocking.

That said, he is a mismatch and teams will gameplan for him. That is Finley's greatest strength, being a decoy, and ASJ will certainly give you that.

I definitely like Ebron better. Equal mismatch but will give you more effort blocking, is stronger and I think his hands are going to be better.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ASJ not a popular guy? How so? He is the most requested visitor in schools and childrens hospitals in the area. His team made sure he had a teammate with him as he worked out to regain his status with the team.

I also don't think Ebron is nearly as strong as ASJ....certainly doesn't show up in the weight room. Both need technique work, but I think ASJ is a much better inline blocker at this point.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Amaro genuinely sounds like he wants to stay for his senior year. Historically two TE's don't get taken in the 1st Round but if he comes out I could see two teams taking Ebron and Amaro somewhere in the 20's.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach4fu View Post
I also don't think Ebron is nearly as strong as ASJ....certainly doesn't show up in the weight room. Both need technique work, but I think ASJ is a much better inline blocker at this point.
For sure - ASJ asked to go up against Barr one on one a fair bit on Friday night and he won every battle. Has the odd concentration drop - but otherwise hands look very soft. He's not Ebron athletically (but is heavier), but he's fast enough for me.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

So Amaro is definitely running away with this. If he declares I think the Bills take him in the mid 1st.