Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naa Forenci has good opinions unfortunately. We used to talk Mets with each other but then they crapped out big time also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It really is. Scouting reports are notoriously racist with so many stereotypes built into them.

JJ Watt had one of the best combines ever but we didn't hear a peep about it bc big white guys can't be freak athletes.

Contrarily, every scouting report of a white guy says he's a hard worker, great leader, and has high character. So they have that going for them haha.
Yup! Baseball is even better with all Latin guys known as spark plugs or firecrackers and every white is scrappy or hard nosed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
TERRIBLE OPINIONS YOU SAY? Pretty sure I predicted we would lose to the Pacers. And that JR Smith would suck balls.

My basketball knowledge is quite legit. I am VERY realistic when it comes to the Knicks. This is probably because of our owner situation. When you have a terrible owner who likes to make decisions about your team you're going to have a bad time.

And in basketball, there is a very small area you want to be in. You either want to suck and be in the Lottery or great and potential championship contender. Being in that middle-area will be the death of your team. We aren't that good. Sorry, BBD. I'm not a negative person but when it comes to the Knicks I am realistic.
Yeah but we're not gonna be bad enough to be a lottery pick, so why wouldn't you root for them to do well? I don't get that.

And yes, I hate James Dolan. I'm bracing for the eventual trade of Shumpert bc Dolan doesn't like him.

We finally get a good GM in Grunwald and Dolan fires him.

I hate James Dolan. No disagreement there.

But we're a damn good team. We only lost to the Pacers bc Melo was playing with a torn shoulder, JR a torn knee, and Chandler with no neck. Like come on, and we STILL took it 6 games and almost took it 7.

This is the same team that won 54 games last year. This team is no joke. We're a good team. And we got better defensively. If Shump can become a legit scoring threat, watch out. We're a better team now than we were last year.

So what's the problem?

I would suggest we all go to a Knicks game together but good God have you seen ticket prices this year?! Ridiculous! I try to go to 2 games a year but I don't even know if I can go to 1 this year. The ticket prices are just ridiculous.

I might have to go to Barclays to watch my basketball games this year.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I might be able to get tickets for you a little marked up. Probably not as high as Stubhub though. I'll ask my friend what games he still has available as I know he sold 21 of them already in one chunk for a crazy amount of money.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Naa Forenci has good opinions unfortunately. We used to talk Mets with each other but then they crapped out big time also.
He hates iPhones bro.

I tried getting into baseball. I root for the Mets but I'd be a liar and a bandwagoner if I told you I was a legit fan. I just can't do baseball.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I might be able to get tickets for you a little marked up. Probably not as high as Stubhub though. I'll ask my friend what games he still has available as I know he sold 21 of them already in one chunk for a crazy amount of money.
If he's selling for profit I rather not bug him about it honestly. You know how it is, tickets that go for profit are gold, I don't want to hurt his bottom line.

I might just do Barclays this year. Knicks/Nets at the Barclays would be a great time.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ill ask anyway and get back to you. It's no biggie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Thanks bro.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, I miss the Mets talk. Honestly, it's become much harder to follow them being down south. When I am not a poor college student I will probably pay for an MLB package of some kind, but at the moment I feel out of touch with the Mets. It makes me sad.

Quote:
Yeah but we're not gonna be bad enough to be a lottery pick, so why wouldn't you root for them to do well? I don't get that.

And yes, I hate James Dolan. I'm bracing for the eventual trade of Shumpert bc Dolan doesn't like him.

We finally get a good GM in Grunwald and Dolan fires him.

I hate James Dolan. No disagreement there.

But we're a damn good team. We only lost to the Pacers bc Melo was playing with a torn shoulder, JR a torn knee, and Chandler with no neck. Like come on, and we STILL took it 6 games and almost took it 7.

This is the same team that won 54 games last year. This team is no joke. We're a good team. And we got better defensively. If Shump can become a legit scoring threat, watch out. We're a better team now than we were last year.

So what's the problem?

I would suggest we all go to a Knicks game together but good God have you seen ticket prices this year?! Ridiculous! I try to go to 2 games a year but I don't even know if I can go to 1 this year. The ticket prices are just ridiculous.

I might have to go to Barclays to watch my basketball games this year.
You misunderstand. I am not, nor would I ever, root for them to lose. I may realize that yeah, sure, we're not going to win a championship, but I will enjoy the ride. Although admittedly this is a hard team to root for because I hate a lot of our players. JR is a clown. Melo is a tool/douche bag. At least Kidd is gone. I love Shump but I just don't see him having the ability to become a greater scorer.

I just don't think we got better. Adding Bargs made us worse. JR is not, and never has been consistent or that great. Him winning the 6th man of the year was a joke. Melo is a star, but he's not a superstar to me. You need to be able to do more than one thing well. Plus he's SO hot and cold. And for a guy with his abilities and size, he should not be shooting 45% from the field. His love affair with stupid pull up jumpers boggles my mind. You're 6'8, strong as a bull, have one of the best post up games in the NBA, and you settle for stupid pull up threes and long twos? Idiotic.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks, rangers, Yanks and Mets stink.. and I guess now Giants. That is all.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm willing to see what comes of Bargs, because he's been a legit man to man defender in the past and fortunately the one thing woody knows how to do is get guys to try on d, so I could see a Bargs-Chandler front court actually working very well for us. I'm still really annoyed with the team and glad that the avalanache are relevant again and finally have a new management team who have the freedom and authority to do what they have to, to distract me. So I'm cautiously optimistic about the knicks, if everything goes right this team could win a ring, but that would be a major logic shot and really take us getting healthy and hot at the right time and I just can't see it happening with woody and Dolan sticking his fat fingers into the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Knicks, rangers, Yanks and Mets stink.. and I guess now Giants. That is all.
But not Rutgers wooooooo

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the nets so suck it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Nets. But in general I follow one single sport at one pro level with one team. So it makes thing easier.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've really cut it down to the Giants and Nets. Used to be pretty big Devils and Yankees fans but have since kinda let that go. It's all Nets and Giants now.

Well, and Rutgers, obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching a lot less football this year as a whole. I've caught a handful of rams games and a couple of bills games, but other than that and the giants games, I haven't watched much football at all.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am liking our chances this weekend and actually think we are in good shape to do well over the back end of the season.

I think we can get some momentum going and finish 5-11 or 6-10
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Man I'm so not looking forward to this game. I'm just hoping it's not too ugly.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Man I'm so not looking forward to this game. I'm just hoping it's not too ugly.
How come? The Vikings arent that good and Josh Freeman is starting. We should win.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
How come? The Vikings arent that good and Josh Freeman is starting. We should win.
It's like...if we lose it's ugly and I'm sad. And at this point if we win I kinda don't want that either, bc I want to tank for change in the organization and the top 3 draft pick I want.

There's really no winners here. At the same time I just can't root against my team. My brain says I should but I just can't.

It's just a crappy situation.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I can't root for us to lose. I want to see a Giants win even if it does put us in the wrong direction for Clowney.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's just such a wasted season. Everything that could go wrong this season did.

And when you step back and look at our roster, we really do have a lot of work to do.

The team isn't terrible, but there are significant holes on this team that need to be addressed.

And I firmly believe that a new coaching staff and some fresh schemes that aren't incredibly outdated would be a spark for this team.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Meh, at this point I'm all about the loses. Let the Vikings add a w to their record.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm interested to watch Cox tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

*Pause* 10 char