Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-19-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State

I'm curious about him, because he seems to be gaining favor with experts quickly, but he was pretty impressive last year and didn't garner a lot of attention. I'd say he'll end up as a third rounder, and teams that like running a lot of shotgun would be very interested in a strong back in that type of offense. Also, will his off the field incident from earlier this year hurt his stock come draft time?
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would agree and say he is likely to go in the 3rd round. He is very impressive and its a weak running back class so it wouldn't be a complete shock to see him go in the 2nd round. And about the off the field innocent... A video surfaced online in July, clearly showing Hyde in a night club doing nothing physical whatsoever, he never hit anyone women.

Last edited by Nameless Ghoul : 10-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's going to get picked very high in the draft because I don't think his skills are going to translate in the NFL. He's one of my favorite players and if Ohio State has the lead he's your worst enemy because he's impossible to tackle and once you make contact with him he's still going to pick up at least another yard or two. That being said I don't think he'll be able to do that in the NFL, he's too slow and guys wont have as much difficult tackling him as college players do. He kind of reminds me of Javorskie Lane but he's on a much better team than Lane ever was.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
TheRoo
Rookie

TheRoo TheRoo TheRoo TheRoo TheRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I don't think he's going to get picked very high in the draft because I don't think his skills are going to translate in the NFL. He's one of my favorite players and if Ohio State has the lead he's your worst enemy because he's impossible to tackle and once you make contact with him he's still going to pick up at least another yard or two. That being said I don't think he'll be able to do that in the NFL, he's too slow and guys wont have as much difficult tackling him as college players do. He kind of reminds me of Javorskie Lane but he's on a much better team than Lane ever was.

Vision, balance, and the ability to break tackles translate to the NFL. He's not as slow as you'd like to think. I bet he runs between 4.60-4.65.
TheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Le'Veon Bell can go in round 2 then Hyde can go in the top 50. He's not really slow, he's pretty fast and quick for 6'0"/240, they said his top speed was better than any other RB's on the team, and we had Jordan Hall and Dan Herron back then who are about 40 lbs. smaller. He was making the offense run late last season and picked up right where he left off this year off of the suspension. Not a guy people wanna tackle. The thing is NFL teams like smaller faster backs who can catch nowadays more than the big bruiser backs (who also tend to have shorter shelf lives in the NFL). Those guys who were 20 carry per game backs historically have nowadays been relegated to situational short yardage guys who have to split carries and don't play on third downs at all.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoo View Post
Vision, balance, and the ability to break tackles translate to the NFL.
Lendale White, Maurice Clarett, Mike Hart, and Shonn Greene all disagree.

Running a 4.60-4.65 isn't good enough to go in the top 50 picks for a RB who isn't playing as an every down back.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been claimed that Hyde runs in the 4.4 range. While I'm not sure I believe that Hyde does have a very good burst. He can be a very productive back in the NFL. Don't sleep on his ability as a pass catcher either has done some nice things in the pass game for the Buckeyes.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote