Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2013, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think I am above the petty Sox hater label...I'm not even a huge baseball guy until ~game 130 or so and I love Papi, so it's not a Yanks vs Sox thing. This whole Sox 'identity' just feels contrived this go around.
So, you arrive during the season around the fifth inning? Classic Dodger fan lol.

Sorry Rob, couldn't pass that one up.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I feel like the Puig stuff has been manufactured. I haven't really seen anything offensive or too bad when I watch him play.
I don't really pay attention to the guy because I could give two shits about the Dodgers, but the little bit I catch from people and the media just seems like more of the media generating **** that isn't there.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Sox fan though I'm terrified of Wacha and Wainwright. They've been ridiculous thus far in the playoffs. Combined they've given up five earned runs and five walks and struck out 42. Wacha seems to be especially hot right now too.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It's kind of ****** that the Cardinals get an extra day of rest, but the Series opens in Boston and both teams will get to reset their rotations, so it kind of evens out.

The Red Sox will certainly be favored, and as well as Wainright and Wacha are pitching, neither really holds a candle to Sanchez, Scherzer, or Verlander.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:48 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'd hate it if every player was a Brian McCann, who is apparently the unofficial policeman of baseball etiquette
leave brian alone!

he went to my high school and graduated with my sister! it's hard enough he's going to the rangers. the bald braves hold sacred the imaginary unwritten rules of baseball torah.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Meh. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It's kind of ****** that the Cardinals get an extra day of rest, but the Series opens in Boston and both teams will get to reset their rotations, so it kind of evens out.
The rest doesn't really worry me, the Sox had to win the ALCS in seven games in 2007 and the Rockies swept the D-Backs in four and had all the time in the world to rest.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
The rest doesn't really worry me, the Sox had to win the ALCS in seven games in 2007 and the Rockies swept the D-Backs in four and had all the time in the world to rest.
The Rockies weren't a good team, though. Both they and the D-Backs were young, inexperienced teams that got to where they were from inexplicably lucky runs.

The Red Sox are, on paper, significantly better than the Cardinals. But that's why you play the game. The Red Sox had been benefiting from the rest difference so far this post-season (though it did nothing for them in Game 1 of the ALCS).
Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper, they are significantly better? They both won 97 games. The Cardinals have the best starter, the hottest starter, and a bullpen that has only given up 3 runs and 2 of them by Mujica who hopefully will not see a mound again this season. Offensively, yeah I'd say the Sox prolly have the advantage. But I would not say significantly better.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With that being said I do think the Red Sox should be favored. They are at home for the four games, which I say most of the time anyway. They have a great bullpen of their own and yes how can anyone hate Koji? The thing I question for the Sox tho is that they have an advantage on offense , but they lose a big bat in Ortiz or Napoli when it goes to St. Louis.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now it is safe to say that Jim Leyland is the most overrated manager. lol.

Red Sox will crush Cardinals. 4-1 at worst.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So, you arrive during the season around the fifth inning? Classic Dodger fan lol.

Sorry Rob, couldn't pass that one up.
Don't blame you. I'm not even a Dodger fan. To be fair, I keep up with baseball and read a crapload of fangraphs/grantland/etc....I just can't waste 3-4 hours watching game 87.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tigers will pay half of this man's remaining salary and expect nothing in return if a team will take him off our hands.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

I remember one time experts said the Tigers were going to beat the Cardinals in 3 games in a best of 7 series. So predictions are just cute little puppies.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at these quotes from Prince Fielder after the game: http://www.freep.com/article/2013102...S02/131020001/

Apathy is not a good look on you, "bro."
Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohh Prince.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a Sox fan though I'm terrified of Wacha and Wainwright. They've been ridiculous thus far in the playoffs. Combined they've given up five earned runs and five walks and struck out 42. Wacha seems to be especially hot right now too.
Wacha has looked unhittable from the starts I've seen.

...but the Tigers pitching was unhittable for much of the ALCS. It looks like we can play that game too right now. The slumping bats are really due to come alive at some point too. Just can't see a guy like Ortiz struggling throughout the entire post-season(sans the grand slam).

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Look at these quotes from Prince Fielder after the game: http://www.freep.com/article/2013102...S02/131020001/

Apathy is not a good look on you, "bro."
If he played a good series and said those things nobody would care.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If he played a good series and said those things nobody would care.
Sure, but this is now two postseasons with the Tigers where he has been atrocious. Sub-.200 career postseason hitter. 18 playoff games in a row without an RBI. And only two extra base hits in five lengthy playoff series since coming to Detroit. Oh, and his base running and defense each cost the Tigers at significant moments.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
On paper, they are significantly better? They both won 97 games. The Cardinals have the best starter, the hottest starter, and a bullpen that has only given up 3 runs and 2 of them by Mujica who hopefully will not see a mound again this season. Offensively, yeah I'd say the Sox prolly have the advantage. But I would not say significantly better.
I don't think any team is better than St. Louis

I'm so envious of that team/org. Best run team in MLB and the model franchise right now. Stacked at the major league level with a majority of their talent being home grown, a deep farm system and I'm not even sure they have a single bad contract on the books

with that said, short series anything can happen. Boston was clearly the best team in the AL all season, but I think the Cards have more talent. That bullpen is wicked. Getting Craig back will be huge for the Cards. Dude's an RBI machine and is ridiculous with RISP
Old 10-20-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure, but this is now two postseasons with the Tigers where he has been atrocious. Sub-.200 career postseason hitter. 18 playoff games in a row without an RBI. And only two extra base hits in five lengthy playoff series since coming to Detroit. Oh, and his base running and defense each cost the Tigers at significant moments.
I'm not saying anything about that, I'm just saying that his quotes, by themselves, are no big deal at all.

It's just that he's sucked and he's fat, so people are going to tag him as lazy. Maybe he is lazy, but basically saying that he's not going to sit around and cry because they lost is no indication of that. Most pro players have that attitude.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Tigers will pay half of this man's remaining salary and expect nothing in return if a team will take him off our hands.

Halos will take him off your hands...but only after a few more years. Gotta wait until he's on the wrong side of 30 before they take that **** on
Old 10-20-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Old 10-20-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Let me guess. Jerry Dipito's look after starring at these numbers?

Albert Pujols
Contract: 10 yr/$250,000,000
FA: 2021

Josh Hamilton
Contract: 5 yr/$125,000,000
FA: 2018

3rd place finish in the AL West.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

At this point there's no need to make fun of the Halos. They are like Miley Cyrus. You just stay out of the way and let them make fools of themselves

now with that said, Texas has really **** the bed the last few years so come on now. It's hard not to look at what they've done the past 3-4 years and come away thinking that they've really blown it, and in quite spectacular fashion to.

these past 3 years were some pretty rough endings for Texas. Choking the WS twice in game 6, blowing that 5 game lead with 9 games left and promptly losing the play-in WC game, and then this year they did the same thing. HAd the best record in the AL when September started, faltered again, blew a division lead and lost the play-in WC game again

they should have canned Ron Washington by now. He's been holding that team back. Dude sucks