Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I can see Jacksonville's point of view on the deal. It's undervaluing Monroe on his ability alone but with him being a free agent at the end of this season it changes things.

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Ravens/Jags will announce the Monroe trade Wed. Ravens are not giving him a new deal now, but could eventuall. two mid-round picks to JAX
I don't have any doubt about the Ravens re-signing Monroe. Even if a couple of mid rounds pick aren't much to give up they need a LT like nobody's business. I thought there was a chance that they go after him on the open market but this is better.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very very happy with this move, and as a lot of others noticed, this seems like a win/win/win deal for all three sides.

Now the question is, what Ozzie thinks of the future. Is Osemele moved to right tackle, once Oher might leave for a bigger contract somewhere else, or do we try our luck with on of our young talents?

I for one is not sure we are done looking at olines, and it wouldn't surprise me if we still looked for an OC/OT high in the draft next year. These last couple of weeks showed how critical a just normally functional oline is to the entire offense, so if our struggles continues, then an upgrade should be considered.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan#7 View Post
I am very very happy with this move, and as a lot of others noticed, this seems like a win/win/win deal for all three sides.

Now the question is, what Ozzie thinks of the future. Is Osemele moved to right tackle, once Oher might leave for a bigger contract somewhere else, or do we try our luck with on of our young talents?

I for one is not sure we are done looking at olines, and it wouldn't surprise me if we still looked for an OC/OT high in the draft next year. These last couple of weeks showed how critical a just normally functional oline is to the entire offense, so if our struggles continues, then an upgrade should be considered.
I don't see how we can resign Oher if we're going to make space for Monroe. I really like Oher as a person, but he hasn't been consistent and at this point in his career, doesn't look like he's going to get much better. Gosder Cherilus just got a big contract and he wasn't anything special. I wouldn't be surprised if Oher looked for something in that range.

We can move KO back to RT and look to draft Cyril Richardson or David Yankey to take the spot at LG. It's hard to tell if the trend of highly drafted OG's will continue but these guys should be in the late teens early 20s.

It remains to be seen if Gradkowski can improve, but drafting a C first round isn't out of the question either.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Oher probably won't be back if Monroe gets an extension. I believe that the Ravens are committing themselves to Juan Castillo and the system he runs. They went out and got a left tackle that fits really well with it and if they're adding any more lineman in the draft I'd be focusing on the athletic guys that fit in a zone scheme. If Osemele cleans up his footwork/technique he will be fine at LG or even RT. To me those spots are about equal in importance so taking the best rated scheme fit at either position would be okay by me.

In regards to center I'm really intrigued by Ryan Jensen. The team has to be as well to keep him on the active roster this long even after breaking his foot at the end of July. If Gradkowski still has his inconsistencies when Jensen gets back healthy it'll be an interesting situation. Of course there's Shipley too but I'm not sure he's really a long-term option.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1380722363

Never seen a more confused oline before in my life. Monroe is an upgrade but he couldnt help this disaster. I just dont think our players are built in for a ZBS
Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Don't underestimate the terribleness of McKinnie. Monroe is a substantial upgrade in every way. The entire OL outside of Yanda is struggling right now though. Oher has been mostly solid too but Osemele has been pretty bad and Gradkowski is good one play then bad the next. I think having a guy like Monroe is going to help out Osemele quite a bit and he'll get back on track shortly. More experience should help Gradkowski but if not then turn to Shipley or Jensen later on like I said in my other post. Yanda and Oher probably aren't going to get any better or worse but the right side of the line isn't a problem anyways.

I definitely think there's a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the OL now. More time with Castillo/in his system will only help and I do think the players are athletic enough to fit well enough into what he wants to do.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Don't underestimate the terribleness of McKinnie. Monroe is a substantial upgrade in every way. The entire OL outside of Yanda is struggling right now though. Oher has been mostly solid too but Osemele has been pretty bad and Gradkowski is good one play then bad the next. I think having a guy like Monroe is going to help out Osemele quite a bit and he'll get back on track shortly. More experience should help Gradkowski but if not then turn to Shipley or Jensen later on like I said in my other post. Yanda and Oher probably aren't going to get any better or worse but the right side of the line isn't a problem anyways.

I definitely think there's a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the OL now. More time with Castillo/in his system will only help and I do think the players are athletic enough to fit well enough into what he wants to do.
lol
I think we can now all agree McKinnie is garbage. Can't wait to get Monroe in there.

I was kinda hoping we'd be able to trade him(mckinnie) to the Dolphins, but after his performance today they be nuts to want him, regardless of how bad there oline was as well.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a gut feeling McKinnie was gonna tank today out of spite and I was right. Let the Monroe era begin.

Glad to see Torrey is still tearing it up. He could end up as a top 5-10 WR in the NFL if he keeps this up. He has absolutely nothing to take the defenses focus off of him and he is playing well.

Run game was taking baby steps in the right direction

Doss was showing up im glad to see him getting cut got his head out of his butt.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I really don't want to see them sign Stokley back. What does he bring over any Jones, Thompson, or Doss? Nothing. Especially with Doss showing up since he's been re-signed.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea probably not if we chose to cut him even when that meant we would have to dress 3 WR.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Stokley was hurt himself anyways so it probably didn't matter for that. Wilson tweeted that they're expected to re-sign Stokley as soon as tomorrow when they cut him yesterday but there's always hope... If it does happen there almost has to be a move with an OL. My favorite would be a McKinnie trade but that doesn't seem likely so the next best thing is cutting him. Not going to save any cap space this year but he needs to be gone ASAP. I don't even want him as an emergency backup if that's how bad he plays.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

if we get a 6th for boldin then there is no way someone trades for McKinnie. IDC that we were going to cut boldin anyway
Old 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The article on br.com made me wonder about the future of the OL. The coaches want to keep Jensen at G, presumably because they're content with Gino at C. Oher likely will leave in FA this year while Monroe is resigned. KO could move back out to RT (I still don't understand how he has been so bad at LG this year after such a great postseason) and Jensen could take over at LG.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea i was thinking that for next year get Yanda at RT and Jensen or whoever at LG.

BTW Since Stokley got hurt and Doss has been in our line up the past 3 weeks he has done better then Boldin has the past 3 weeks at San Fran. We just need Pitta back and our offense should be fine. If we ever go back to the no huddle. My theory is we dont feel Gino is experienced enough to handle the line calls with a no huddle offense
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Monroe look?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Monroe had two bad plays from what I saw but outside of that he looked pretty good.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems Doss stepped up these last couple of games. Maybe he got some confidence back with some good performances in the return game. With Pitta back, it seems our pass catchers could be pretty set, and we should focus more on getting that oline to work. Whether it is changing the lineup or scheme, just something has to be done as it is hurting the entire team now.

It takes a strong performance against a team like the steelers for me to be optimistic, but no matter if we win or lose the game, I still believe we should be in competition for that #6 WC spot. The other teams in the hunt for the WC spot not named the Chiefs doesn't scare me.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game yesterday, gentlemen.

Man, what has happened to Ray Rice? He's looked maxed out.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Good game yesterday, gentlemen.

Man, what has happened to Ray Rice? He's looked maxed out.
Both he and Pierce have suffered greatly from the terrible interior run blocking this season. It's mostly Gradkowski but Osemele has been bad too and Yanda is a bit off. Rice looks about the same as he has the past couple of seasons, there's just nothing there for him. Pierce is more of a big play threat but the line can't keep defenders out of the backfield long enough for him to find a crease and explode through it. This is an incredibly frustrating situation to watch.

If I were an opposing defensive coordinator I'd honestly blitz at Gradkowski in any passing situation. That's how Hawk had 3 sacks. If Rice or Pierce is in there blocking that's not much of a deterrent either.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Rice is done. He used to always break first attempt at tackle and burst ahead. Now he does down softly. It sucks to see cuz I actually like him.

I guess done is a strong word. More like not what he used to be.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Right, that's what I meant by Rice has looked the same as the last couple of years. He can still be productive but the blocking needs to be there. If Rice is ever going to get back to what he was I think he needs to slim down quite a bit. After Baltimore gave him a new contract he added bulk but it hasn't helped at all.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Looks like Osemele is out for the rest of the year. I'm glad actually. He was going to need back surgery after the season anyways and with the way Osemele has played this year he's not helping the offense.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks to lose him despite his play right now. I've basically come to terms with this season. I'm just hoping to get some nice wins hear or there and work on our defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might be in trouble.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty clear were not a playoff team. I've come to terms so I'm not stressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote