Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Sam and L'Damian Washington - MIZZOU

What's the word on Michael Sam - DE/OLB from Mizzou and L'Damian Washington - WR from Mizzou?

Sam, I believe, is currently leading the SEC in sacks and is a highly disruptive force on the Mizzou defense. And Washington is 5th in the SEC in reception yards.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those two have really impressed a lot. Washington has come out of no where it seems, really playing aggressive football and is a boarderline top 10-15 WR, not elite I would not say but in the middle. Still very impressive showing for the senior.

Sam I need to see more of but hard to not like his production. Is a little undersized so that hurts him but his quickness is very interesting and he will most surely get a look as a 3/4 OLB with that quickness. Especially if he keeps up such a great level of play.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

every Mizzou game i have watched Sam, has flashed to me.i was trying to watch Ealy but Sam kept flashing.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Sam is listed at 6'2". I usually take a half inch to a full inch off of listed heights. So I'm thinking his measurements may be an issue for him as he may come in closer to 6'1" when it's all said and done. But his production this year is quite impressive.

But, yeah, him and Washington have come out of nowhere a bit. Washington has insane measurables. If he stays healthy and runs well at the combine his stock could soar I'm thinking.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam screams Pittsburgh Steeler to me.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see how Sam does at the Combine and Senior Bowl. He does seem on the short side and his arms don't look that long. He really has flashed when I've watched him this year. Which was odd to find out that he was a senior because I didn't notice him once during the previous three years when I was watching Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson. I wasn't even paying attention when I watched the Georgia game until I said, "Who is that?" after one of his sacks.

Sam seems to be a one trick phony right now. He's been at his best in a wide 9 type technique. He simply tries to burst off the line, dip under the tackle and then rip past him. That looks like his only pass rushing move. He looks very good doing it, but he's going to need to develop a counter move at the next level.

He's doubled his career sack total in 7 games this year. That's a little alarming. You would think someone this naturally talented would have been able to produce at a higher level earlier in his career, especially when there were serious first round players along the same defensive line as him.

Based on the little I've seen of Sam, he looks like a third round prospect. Too one dimensional and too short for me to think he's worthy of going much higher than that. His size limits him, and he doesn't offer much in the running game. I thought of Antwan Barnes when I was watched Sam. I'm not comparing the two, but that's who I thought of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

That's probably pretty accurate about Sam. Like I said, his measurements may hurt him some. The senior year production is there. Which will help. But when the scouts really start analyzing him they may ask, like you said, where the production was the previous years and all. But, on the other hand, he's producing against SEC competition....

I think you're right that he may end up being around a 3rd round pick when it's all said and done.