Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MM Presser highlights

- Wouldn't say if Hayward would be ready, doesn't have all the information, but lookin good
- Mike Neal has a bruised shoulder. Probably won't practice tomorrow
- James Jones, they'll see how he is on friday
- Nick Perry will be out a "couple of weeks". Perry is upbeat about it
Old 10-16-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to see if Stoneburner actually gets some snaps on offense. I liked him as a sleeper developmental prospect but thought it would take a while before he was ready to contribute.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure I see the allure of Finley as a WR. I think there's a difference between throwing him out there as a WR and lining him up at TE and motioning out. The latter gets him paired on a backer or safety mismatch, but I think a corner on Finley would ruin his day. I've always thought he was a little slow on adjustments to passes and does much better when he's expecting the ball and it's uncontested.

This is a great game for us to show a new running, two tight end sort of look. I thought we looked really good in the second half of the Ravens game offensively when we went to that and I think we've got the pieces for it. Nelson and Jones are two big, physical outside receivers; we've got blocking and receiving tight ends, the line is run blocking great, Kuhn gives us a bit of a threat as both a pass receiver and blocker and Lacy is a bulldozer with a surprising second gear.

I feel good about this game. Rodgers is due for a big one and we overmatch this team in all phases despite injuries(save maybe special teams, where I am a tad worried about our backups on coverage.)

Cameron is my biggest concern, as athletic tight Ends always seem to bother us.

I'm doubtful we give Casey a go here. You HAVE to expect our DBs to win this matchup without him, so why rush it?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Haden neutralizes Jordy, I'm not sure how big of a game Rodgers can have out there.
I expect more of a grinder out there Sunday, and even though I have Arod in both fantasy leagues, I'll be perfectly happy with another ugly win like last week AS LONG AS IT DOESN"T TAKE AWAY MORE OF OUR GUYS with bad INJURIEZ.

But I'd love a blowout win like 35-14.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Ryan Taylor to the list. Just saw that he had knee surgery yesterday.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say 100% it was a dirty hit, and I hope that Elam and Delmas and Swearinger break vertabraes (not paralysis, just sit down like Collins has had to).. I don't care if it was within the stupid rules.

Puzzy DBs shouldn't take it out on players ACLs because of the Goodell anti-lawsuit rules to the head.

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/201...pg?w=175&h=229

Canty of course supports his teammate> http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/17/chris-c...?sct=hp_t2_a10
Old 10-18-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Preston is a guy I hope the team takes a look at. He was cut from the Titans yesterday, and I know they want to sign him back to their PS. With living in Nashville, I hear all the good things that the media and coaches say about this guy.

He's a big target at 6'5 215 and he's hung around in the league for a couple years now. I'm hoping he gets his shot in GB.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Michael Preston is a guy I hope the team takes a look at. He was cut from the Titans yesterday, and I know they want to sign him back to their PS. With living in Nashville, I hear all the good things that the media and coaches say about this guy.

He's a big target at 6'5 215 and he's hung around in the league for a couple years now. I'm hoping he gets his shot in GB.
Sounds like he lost out in the numbers game. He was WR6 and they are thin at LB so to add a LB he was cut. I'm not holding my breath since he'd have to be added to the 53 and he'd take a while to acclimate to the system. Do like his size compared to Myles but Myles can run like the wind.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I still say 100% it was a dirty hit, and I hope that Elam and Delmas and Swearinger break vertabraes (not paralysis, just sit down like Collins has had to).. I don't care if it was within the stupid rules.

Puzzy DBs shouldn't take it out on players ACLs because of the Goodell anti-lawsuit rules to the head.

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/201...pg?w=175&h=229

Canty of course supports his teammate> http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/17/chris-c...?sct=hp_t2_a10
If you were on your rookie deal or not making a ton of money, I'm sure you would hit a player in a manner that will not get you fined. A player like Elam or Swearinger care a lot more about the money being taken out of the their pockets as compared to a player like Goldson. Be mad at Goddell & Co., not the players.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Packers claimed Chris Harper off waivers .
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, released RB Michael Hill

so with adding Harper, pretty obvious that Jones will be inactive sunday. I expected that anyway. REally, really hope Neal can play though. He's listed as questionable
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If you were on your rookie deal or not making a ton of money, I'm sure you would hit a player in a manner that will not get you fined. A player like Elam or Swearinger care a lot more about the money being taken out of the their pockets as compared to a player like Goldson. Be mad at Goddell & Co., not the players.
I am mad at Goodell, and the NFLPA.
But also I am mad at the particular players who hit like that and take guys out with the cheap shots. Legal or illegal, these are cheap shots.
If every DB tackled like that and injured just one player, well do the math....
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Looks like the Packers claimed Chris Harper off waivers .
Pretty excited about that one. It will be interesting to me to see how they use him. Will he be a true WR or is he going to turn into an H-Back (kind of like DJ Williams was supposed to)?

Considering he was a 4th round draft pick this year, our "draft class" for this year looks pretty good.

Harper seems to lack explosion, but he is a big guy and very smart, I just hope the Packers have a plan for him as he has moved around so much this year already. (Seahawks had him at WR and 49ers had him at H-Back).
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

MM said Finley suffered a "Significant" injury and has no timetable to return. WOuldn't be surprised if he was done for the year

with that said, the positive news is he's up and moving around at the hospital
Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
MM said Finley suffered a "Significant" injury and has no timetable to return. WOuldn't be surprised if he was done for the year

with that said, the positive news is he's up and moving around at the hospital
Great news. I gotta believe they shut him down this year given how they've approached neck injuries in the past. You have to do what's in the best interest of the player because if he gets cleared he'll want to play and at this point I think that is a bad idea.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how Finley ever plays football again.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sadly, I think you're right. This team has a long history of never clearing players who suffer serious neck injuries. He might be able to play for another team, but I doubt it.

The important thing is that he's moving around and won't have long-term health problems.

Last edited by WCH : 10-21-2013 at 06:24 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Nick Collins
Terrence Murphy
Sterling Sharpe
Tim Lewis
Paul Horning

Now J-Mike.

Such ********. Why us?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't want to go that far but I wouldn't be surprised. 2 concussions and a neck injury. That's some serious stuff

just glad to hear he's moving around fine. Sounding like he avoided any serious/permanent damage

Edit: some more positive news

Quote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 20m

Jermichael Finley getting positive feedback on further tests to neck. He'll be seeking multiple opinions. Appreciates prayers, well-wishes

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-21-2013 at 07:22 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

ESPN reporting that Finley suffered a bruised spinal chord in his neck. He is now out of ICU

Quote:
Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 8m

I want to thank my family, friends, teammates, fans and Packer Nation for the prayers and support over the past 24 hrs. I'm happy to report

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 7m

that I have been transferred out of the intensive care unit and that I have full feeling in my arms and legs. As importantly,

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 6m

I was able 2 walk to & from the shower today, which was badly needed after yesterday's victory! Thank u again 4 the support, and Go Packers!
Finley is definitely not returning this year. Hopefully he can resume his career, however

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-21-2013 at 09:44 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I feel bad for J-Mike. I hope he doesn't play again, and he takes his money, invests it wisely and enjoys life. As much as the Packer fan in me wants him to return, I don't think he should.

It just sucks so much, because it took him a while to get over his knee injury and he was finally playing with that physicality the Packers knew he had. Say he does come back, is he going to play with that same physicality, or is he going to be the guy that would go down right after contact? I just think that, if he is given the green light to play, he wont be there mentally.

Also, he was a guy that constantly got ragged on for saying dumb things, which they were dumb, but he was never the bad image that many portrayed him to be.

Well, I hope he stays healthy and maybe he does return. If not, 1st round TE here we come.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's great that he walking now. We all hate to see injuries like that happen.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Man, I feel bad for J-Mike. I hope he doesn't play again, and he takes his money, invests it wisely and enjoys life. As much as the Packer fan in me wants him to return, I don't think he should.

It just sucks so much, because it took him a while to get over his knee injury and he was finally playing with that physicality the Packers knew he had. Say he does come back, is he going to play with that same physicality, or is he going to be the guy that would go down right after contact? I just think that, if he is given the green light to play, he wont be there mentally.

Also, he was a guy that constantly got ragged on for saying dumb things, which they were dumb, but he was never the bad image that many portrayed him to be.

Well, I hope he stays healthy and maybe he does return. If not, 1st round TE here we come.
Agree with ALL that.....
Old 10-21-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I agree as well. He was never a cancer or primadonna or a TO type. He talked, said dumb stuff, but it was always overblown by the media. He didn't holdout, cause any problems etc. He was a good team mate and is well liked in the locker room

I'm fully expecting him to be on IR shortly. Here's hoping the team can get him another ring this year....if this does turn out to be his last season playing football
Old 10-22-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley was a tremendous talent, and he had more than just a few flashes of greatness but he was inconsistent. His injury was tough to watch. All I could think about was the effect it could have on his future, especially after the concussion he had versus Cincy. He won't play for GB again, which sucks for this season, but at least he is OK. I also agree with the poster above, its time to go out and find another weapon for Rodgers.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote