Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team will make the playoffs in 2013?
Jacksonville 0 0%
Oakland 1 1.16%
Cleveland 9 10.47%
Buffalo 5 5.81%
NY Jets 4 4.65%
San Diego 9 10.47%
Kansas City 33 38.37%
Arizona 8 9.30%
Philadelphia 10 11.63%
Tennessee 7 8.14%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams 11-5
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm still undecided. Anybody have any good articles about surprise teams floating around?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Detroit, not sure if that would be considered a surprise. Could see Miami and KC getting in there in a somewhat wide open AFC.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit wouldn't.

But at this point I'm willing to consider teams like Detroit, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis also. I'm struggling to figure out what good teams miss the playoffs this year.

I feel it's not as much parody as in the past. The really bad teams are REALLY bad - which isn't typical. The decent teams are all decent and the really good teams are REALLY good.

I'd consider it:

REALLY GOOD
San Fran
Seattle
Denver
Atlanta
Green Bay
New England
Houston

BAD
Tennessee
San Diego
Philly
Cleveland
Buffalo

REALLY BAD
Oakland
Jets
Jacksonville

Everyone else is in the middle and could go either way.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprise teams

Buffalo - will shock the world and win their division
Arizona- will shock the world and get a wild card spot
Titans, Browns, Lions, Eagles, Chargers, Panthers...I think could all surprise people and be pretty good this year. Probably at least one of them will make the playoffs.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs aren't going to the playoffs.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I'm very close to naming my surprise team...

Anybody got any guesses as to who I think it will be?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

My surprise team:

The San Diego Super Chargers: 10-6
Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams and dolphins get into the playoffs this year
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 people actually voted for the Jets. What is this madness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year I went with Minnesota and that worked out. Gonna ride Cleveland this year. That defense is just oozing with talent and Baltimore/Pittsburgh look collectively as vulnerable as they've been in the last ten years. Plus, Chud and Norv are perfect fits for Weeden as a passer. He's gonna have some big games. I was tempted to go with Buffalo, and I think they will be pretty good on offense, but I still question that defense. I was also thinking the Jets, but Geno is gonna have a rough go of it and there is no running game to speak of. Still, I think Rex is gonna keep them in most games and out of a top 5 pick.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote goes to Cleveland. Have a couple preseason bets for to win the division as well as over 6.5 wins.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see all the Buffalo hype has fallen to a cricket level of noise.

Fine!

Oh and I vote Cleveland.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Bears.

Bears will win the Super Bowl. Just a hunch I got.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the st louis rams

let be honest, Oakland and Jacksonville are not making it, no reason for them to be in the poll

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ConnSKINS26
Rookie

ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Bears.

Bears will win the Super Bowl. Just a hunch I got.
You should get that checked out.
ConnSKINS26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Two Words:

Still undefeated.

Winners:

49erNation85, BloodBrother, BmoreBlackByrdz, Bobo, Brothgar, Bucs_Rule, CJSchneider, Crazy_Chris, falloutboy14, fatso, Iamcanadian, igglefanz, J-Mike88, Jcn92, Lil Quip, LonghornsLegend, MidwayMonster31, princefielder28, Scotty D, Shane P. Hallam, SunTzu_22, The Alex, Trogdor, vidae
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still undefeated.

Winners:

49erNation85, BloodBrother, BmoreBlackByrdz, Bobo, Brothgar, Bucs_Rule, CJSchneider, Crazy_Chris, falloutboy14, fatso, Iamcanadian, igglefanz, J-Mike88, Jcn92, Lil Quip, LonghornsLegend, MidwayMonster31, princefielder28, Scotty D, Shane P. Hallam, SunTzu_22, The Alex, Trogdor, vidae
I said Kansas City was too easy and picked Arizona. I was wrong about Carson Palmer getting a spark from having good receivers. They've still got a poor offensive line. Carson's got no escapability and they can't run. Think those who picked San Diego deserve some props. SD's still a legitimate Wild Card possibility. They've beaten Indianapolis and Dallas, two other teams that look like they're good possibilities to land playoff berths themselves.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I said Kansas City was too easy and picked Arizona. I was wrong about Carson Palmer getting a spark from having good receivers. They've still got a poor offensive line. Carson's got no escapability and they can't run. Think those who picked San Diego deserve some props. SD's still a legitimate Wild Card possibility. They've beaten Indianapolis and Dallas, two other teams that look like they're good possibilities to land playoff berths themselves.
^ All true. And there's still time left. But for now, the 7-0 team is clearly THE winning choice.
Arizona offense sucks still.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
^ All true. And there's still time left. But for now, the 7-0 team is clearly THE winning choice.
Arizona offense sucks still.
This is a poll about surprise playoff teams.

There can obviously be multiple choices that end up as winners...
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This is a poll about surprise playoff teams.

There can obviously be multiple choices that end up as winners...
There can be, yes.
Who's your money on as of this moment?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'd say it will come down to the Titans and the Chargers for a wildcard. Tennessee having won their matchup.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

48 of us,

Pat yourself on the back. Good call.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
48 of us,

Pat yourself on the back. Good call.
You mean 18.

As evidence by this poll, the Chiefs were not a surprise playoff team.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to pat myself on the back anyways, because Arizona put up 10 wins in the NFC West.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote