Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I agree as well. He was never a cancer or primadonna or a TO type. He talked, said dumb stuff, but it was always overblown by the media. He didn't holdout, cause any problems etc. He was a good team mate and is well liked in the locker room

I'm fully expecting him to be on IR shortly. Here's hoping the team can get him another ring this year....if this does turn out to be his last season playing football
Huh? He was an idiot before this season, when he apparently turned it around. How is the media quoting Finley, "overblowing" anything? Whining about not being targeted enough, when you drop every other pass thrown to you, is not primadonna? Finley is/was the definition of an NFL primadonna. I guess he didn't hold out, but it's not like he had a choice. He didn't get into trouble, but that doesn't mean he's not an idiot.

But anyway, it's definitely sad to see him injured like that. I hope he can come back, although i'm not sure how likely that is.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only real quote that stuck out was during his rookie year about not getting the ball/blaming Rodgers for a bad pass

after that it was pretty much just some funny dumb stuff about how he was gonna be unstoppable and YOTTO or whatever, and then him pissing fans off because he'd make those comments and then not really produce on the field. When I think of primadonna's etc I think of clubhouse cancer types. I don't think Finley fit in that category. He was basically just an immature guy but from all accounts he's well liked in the locker room and what not. IDK, I just felt he got a bit of a bad wrap at times. He WAS annoying though with his lack of productivity, don't get me wrong

you are right though, I meant to say the fans overblew his comments, not the media. Anyway, doesn't matter now. Just glad to hear he's doing good

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else as happy as I am that Mcmillan only played 1 snap on defense...guys just a liability
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So first of all, you never want to see a player go through this. I hope Finley is able to 1) lead a completely healthy life and 2) return to football if that is what he wants.

As far as it effects our season and long term prospects? Slightly but not terribly significantly.

Finley was having a great year and he had shown a decent amount to make us forget the last few years of him. He was on pace for about 800 yards and 8 TD. But is he the mismatch weapon we thought he would be? No. Is he an effective blocker? No. Do we need a TE that can split out wide 50% of the time? Not really. We have a versatile and deep WR group and Finley presented a big target when split out, but I'd rather have Jones or Nelson going for a jumpball.

Will we need to draft a TE fairly early this upcoming draft? Oh yeah. Luckily, this is a good year for TEs even if we don't manage to snag an ASJ or Ebron in the first.

Short term, this will really reinforce that ground and pound/play action persona we need to take on while our WRs are banged up. That's a good thing, frankly. Come playoffs teams will be scared of our ability to either run it up the middle or split them out wide.

Long term, meh. Finley wasn't likely to be back after this year, I think. A new TE seemed in our future.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
As far as it effects our season and long term prospects? Slightly but not terribly significantly.
Its way more than slightly.
What the average fan doesn't realize is that opposing defenses DO focus on #88.
They don't ever forget about him.
There's always a guy on him, and another over-the-top who's ready to knock his head off or in Delmas' case, his knee off. Always.

Don't you guys remember when the Giants upset us in the 2011 playoffs, Fox Sports reporter said that all week the Giants had on their chalkboard "Stop #88".... he's always the main guy defenses focus on more than 89 or 87 or 85 back then or 18 next year, etc.

Losing 88 sucks and NONE of these other TEs are worth schit.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
So first of all, you never want to see a player go through this. I hope Finley is able to 1) lead a completely healthy life and 2) return to football if that is what he wants.
Schefter was saying that his family wanted Finley to stop playing after the concussion he got earlier in the year - I imagine they'll crank it up a notch with this injury. I think we've seen the last of Finley as a player.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An ESPN writer thinks that the Packers should trade Jordy + Franklin + a 2014 2nd round pick in return for Larry Fitzgerald.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...en-bay-packers

lol
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
An ESPN writer thinks that the Packers should trade Jordy + Franklin + a 2014 2nd round pick in return for Larry Fitzgerald.

lol
Man that guy must be bored. Has he been paying attention at all? I don't know what evidence he's seen in how the Packers operate over the last few years that would make him think TT would send that much to anyone in return for a player that will be >30 next season and makes a **** ton of money.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

lol
Ah, yes. Our receiving depth has dropped off, so we should give up assets to upgrade one WR for the next couple years.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol that is pretty bad.

Now some good news

- Brad Jones practiced, though MM said he was eased into things today. With how well Lattimore has been playing, Pack could probably take the cautious approach and have him rest up another week IMO

- JAmes Starks returned to practice

- Hayward was a full go and MM expects him to play Sunday

- Perry, James Jones and Ryan Taylor all did a few things today(didn't say what, probably some individual stuff), so it looks like they are getting close. Perry was listed as a DNP fwiw. He hasn't been completely ruled out for this weekend's game. Likely won't play of course, but that's at least encouraging to see that he may be closer to returning
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Based on the feedback I’ve received from doctors at this point, the question is not if I’ll play again, but when. There is no better feeling in the world than making the ‘Lambeau Leap’ into the stands, and I fully intend on having that surreal feeling again soon. I will do everything in my power to rehab and get back to the player I have been, and improve into the player I know I can be.” - Jermichael Finely
Wow this is surprising.

Full article

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 10-29-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

That was a great read. Can't imagine how Quarless must have felt when Finley was on the turf there and asking him for help and saying he couldn't move or breathe
Old 10-29-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

So we finally got wtf Perry did to his foot

Quote:
Lance Allan ‏@lanceallan 34m

source with knowledge of situation says @Packers @NickTheGreat8 Nick Perry has "chipped heel" getting better w/ a shot to play Mon #Packers
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have money on J-Mike not playing a down again this year.
After that, I'm not sure.... but as usual with us and necks (Collins, JThompson, Murphy, Sharpe, Lewis, Hornung), I have my doubts. Which sucks.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
With how poor of a showing the offensive line had in terms of the running game Friday night, can we label the flip of the guards a failure? At the end of last season, with Sitton and Barclay on the right side, we were running the ball much better and now that those two are split we get no push at the point of attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
Possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard on this forum. One game against a top 3 defense in PRESEASON and your ready to call it a failure. Obviously Bulaga going down was not part of the plan so that doesn't help things. Make a judgement when meaningful games have been played. Everybody was sooooo high with the running game against the Rams but now sooooo low after the hawks game. Wait and see.

...and still improving, nov & dec should be a good indication
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
...and still improving, nov & dec should be a good indication
Touche rvns.....

But again, December is more important, and then January is even more important.
Things change all the time.
It's usually not a steady step-by-step improvement.

Some weeks now we'll have it.
Some weeks we won't.

But you have to like what we've been seeing, as long as these RBs can stay healthy.... enough.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Greg Jennings? http://packersinsider.com/?p=6020
Old 10-31-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ I dislike GJ with a passion. It would have been one thing had he left for the Patriots as they had a major need for a WR and they are a very competitive football team each year with a Hall of Fame QB.....BUT he didn't. In hindsight, I am sure he wishes he would have explored other teams, and I do think he wanted to be the guy, and in GB there really isn't 1 guy, rather 3-4 guys that are all good.

After all the interviews I have read about him, he sounds like a super competitive guy, and I think he really had the need to prove to everyone that he is "elite" and that ARod wasn't the only reason for his success.

BUT....HOW THE "F" DO YOU TURN DOWN MORE MONEY TO GO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS

And for that, he is dumb...
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
BUT....HOW THE "F" DO YOU TURN DOWN MORE MONEY TO GO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS

And for that, he is dumb...
Pretty sure the final offer from the Packers was lower than what he took from the Vikings.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...llion-a-season

They offered an extension that would supposedly have been worth 11 per season which he declined. Once he hit FA they they offered 8 per season but they only wanted a 3-year deal and Vikes offered a longer deal and more guaranteed money. I don't recall the the Patriots being in the running but they supposedly offered 6 per season. Basically he could have taken less money and had a chance at another Superbowl but money was more important.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
They offered an extension that would supposedly have been worth 11 per season which he declined. Once he hit FA they they offered 8 per season but they only wanted a 3-year deal and Vikes offered a longer deal and more guaranteed money. I don't recall the the Patriots being in the running but they supposedly offered 6 per season. Basically he could have taken less money and had a chance at another Superbowl but money was more important.

That's a lot of money. I don't blame him for a second.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Can't blame him for taking the money. Do blame him for lack of class in taking shots at his former QB and organization in general. All of which (now that the Vikings are cellar dwellers again and it turns out his new QB that "just needed weapons" actually does in fact suck) was just a joke.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'll never get mad at a player chasing the money, especially in this sport. He already got a SB ring so perhaps he was just looking to further set his family up financially from here on out. The issue was his seemingly out of nowhere vitriol towards Rodgers and the Packers org after he left. It was very out of character for Greg(from what we were accustomed to over the years here)
Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The issue was his seemingly out of nowhere vitriol towards Rodgers and the Packers org after he left. It was very out of character for Greg (from what we were accustomed to over the years here)
None of us really know/knew him.
His character was artfully created by what he revealed it to be via the media.

He's a charismatic, articulate individual.
But we never knew what his true character was.

Yes taking an extra few million, or million, or half-million.... that's understandable to me even though I always respect the players who give hometown discounts like Dirk Nowitzki here in Dallas. Money is money, I get that.

But he wanted out period. He didn't want to stay. He had early opportunities to resign for more money, but he wanted out. He wanted to go to Miami and he thought he'd go to Miami with Average Joe in charge there... but Average Joe wasn't in charge, they went with the younger Mike Wallace.

Jennings, and his foul-mouthed sister, were crushed.
But there was no way Greg was going back to Green Bay.
He's just luck as hell that the typical jealous Vikings were willing to be stupid and overpay for one of our guys.

I wish they, for once, would not have.... because I still haven't heard who if anyone else, was offering him, what.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does someone chip their heel?