Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
That was the 9/11 of prime time match ups.
meh not cool.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Did anyone actually literally sit there and watch the entire game?
Missed the first five minutes of the second half(heard it on the radio though) and kind of wandered off a bit mentally towards the end...but I watched most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
meh not cool.
I certainly don't think prock meant anything by it, but I agree. In poor taste.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
That was the 9/11 of prime time match ups.
I don't see what my dad's birthday has to do with this.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did anyone actually literally sit there and watch the entire game?
I tuned in after the Sharks game. The stuff on twitter made the game seem fun to watch in a "can't look away from a car crash" kind of thing. It did not dissappoint.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the old days when it was just Monday Night Football on ABC as the best primetime showcasing and then Sunday Night Football on ESPN with mostly decent primetime matchups.

Now every single team gets a primetime game because of Thursday Night Football. And a lot of the matchups on those days are not only terrible, but because of teams playing a game just three days later the contests are usually lackluster. The entire NFL Network presentation is just corny too. It really feels like a watered down product.

The only upgrade we have now is flex scheduling for SNF. I might trade that back though for no more TNF.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I miss the old days when it was just Monday Night Football on ABC as the best primetime showcasing and then Sunday Night Football on ESPN with mostly decent primetime matchups.

Now every single team gets a primetime game because of Thursday Night Football. And a lot of the matchups on those days are not only terrible, but because of teams playing a game just three days later the contests are usually lackluster. The entire NFL Network presentation is just corny too. It really feels like a watered down product.

The only upgrade we have now is flex scheduling for SNF. I might trade that back though for no more TNF.
I don't get this thought process; it's ridiculous. "I don't like Thursday games, they should get rid of it", how about you just don't watch it. The alternative is it'd be just another Sunday game you wouldn't be able to watch. Teams suffer from playing on a short week? Big deal. Both teams have the same amount of rest, so it's equal, and each team only has to do it once. 4 (and now recently 6) teams already had to do it for the Thanksgiving games. This just evens it out across the league.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I don't get this thought process; it's ridiculous. "I don't like Thursday games, they should get rid of it", how about you just don't watch it. The alternative is it'd be just another Sunday game you wouldn't be able to watch. Teams suffer from playing on a short week? Big deal. Both teams have the same amount of rest, so it's equal, and each team only has to do it once. 4 (and now recently 6) teams already had to do it for the Thanksgiving games. This just evens it out across the league.
So as a viewer I can't voice my opinion on whether something should be changed to fit what I find to be more entertaining? I think getting rid of Thursday night games would be a better alternative than simply not watching a watered down product.

And I'm able to watch every NFL game throughout the week. Why wouldn't I now not be able to watch a Thursday night matchup if it moves to Sunday? That doesn't make sense.

And yes teams usually play lackluster after having three days of rest. Shocking. And the point isn't about both teams having the same amount of rest. That just means both teams are going to play like ****. And Thanksgiving week is exactly that, one week. Not practically every week of the entire season.

I usually don't watch TNF because the games aren't that great (you assumed I was an avid viewer because I said the format should be changed?). But I'd rather have those games moved to Sunday so that I would be more inclined to watch those said games, because they'll most likely be better. Sorry you find this ridiculous because it's apparently too hard for you to comprehend.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-22-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to watch football on a Thursday night. I like my football on the weekend and on Monday night is ok, I guess. Sometimes more is just too much. If spreading games out to more days is better, why not have football on 7 days a week? I don't like Friday night college games either. I want college football on Saturdays and NFL on Sunday and Monday. At this rate, Tuesday and Wednesday games are coming soon.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
meh not cool.
I MEANT THAT IT WAS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO AMERICA

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't want us to win :(
Old 10-22-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
wtf BRO.

YOU MUST NOT BE A REAL FAN IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR TEAM TO WIN EVERY GAME, I MEAN MATHEMATICALLY YOU AREN'T ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS AND COULD GO 10-6. YOU CAN'T EVER ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM TO LOSE OR YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR TEAM AND SHOULD BE THROWN OFF THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA, DOUCHE.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok BBD, we were gunna win eventually, just have to get back on track and earn Clowney over the back-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

When the schedule was made months ago this probably had the makings of an attractive matchup. I think it's less the 3 day issue and more that a lot of these teams are just bad.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
When the schedule was made months ago this probably had the makings of an attractive matchup. I think it's less the 3 day issue and more that a lot of these teams are just bad.
The thing is it's like that every year though. I can't remember many Thursday Night games in the six or seven years that NFL Network has been doing this that have been memorable. Off the top of my head I remember Ravens/Falcons a couple of seasons back and Cowobys/Packers the first or second year they did it (Aaron Rodgers coming out party). The Har-Bowl was nice. Other than that it's pretty much been a letdown every time. I think there might have been a Cowboys/Saints matchup during the Saints Super Bowl year.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why they don't just have a game on Saturday instead of Thursday. It doesn't **** up the week of preparation as much and the game is on NFLN anyways. I could care less about College football and would rather just watch an NFL game on Saturday opposed to College.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
wtf BRO.

YOU MUST NOT BE A REAL FAN IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR TEAM TO WIN EVERY GAME, I MEAN MATHEMATICALLY YOU AREN'T ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS AND COULD GO 10-6. YOU CAN'T EVER ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM TO LOSE OR YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR TEAM AND SHOULD BE THROWN OFF THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA, DOUCHE.
I did root for us last night. Then woke up and felt terrible about it this morning bc we suck so bad, we're better off tanking and getting Clowney.

Kinda like how you guys did for RG3.

.....yeah I went there.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I don't get why they don't just have a game on Saturday instead of Thursday. It doesn't **** up the week of preparation as much and the game is on NFLN anyways. I could care less about College football and would rather just watch an NFL game on Saturday opposed to College.
It would violate some contract or law or something. I read it on twitter, basically saturdays and fridays are off limits. I don't know about the other days, I think Tuesday and Wednesday are game.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Saturday belongs to the NCAA.

TNF blows though and I usually miss the games anyways cuz I have to go to work.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Yeah Saturday belongs to the NCAA.

TNF blows though and I usually miss the games anyways cuz I have to go to work.
Football on your phone bro.

But yeah, the games are terrible. I still watch it though bc football is football. What they should do is have more bye weeks during the season, and every team that plays TNF should be coming off of a bye, that way they have ample time to prepare for the game and the quality won't be so terrible.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think eventually the NFL will figure out a way to have games every night and just rotate every team around the week so they always have at least 5 days rest.