Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
But what's your excuse now when FSU still recruits better than you in South Florida?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
Read somewhere that Jacob Coker might transfer to Alabama. He obviously isn't going to spend another year as a backup. Seems he could play next year without having to sit out a year.

Coker would probably be the most talented guy that Saban has had. Using the theory that if you almost beat out Jameis Winston for the starting job you have to be really good.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Read somewhere that Jacob Coker might transfer to Alabama. He obviously isn't going to spend another year as a backup. Seems he could play next year without having to sit out a year.

Coker would probably be the most talented guy that Saban has had. Using the theory that if you almost beat out Jameis Winston for the starting job you have to be really good.
That is the expectations around FSU. He has said a few times that he is happy and prepares the same way every week. Most FSU fans are hoping that Jimbo can convince him to stay one more year until Jameis goes pro.

He definitely can be a starter in college football. Jimbo loved him from the beginning of the recruiting process and Alabama didn't offer him until the last week before signing day.

I wouldn't blame him if he did leave - he deserves a chance.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rees is fit to play, feels weird to be happy about that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...seminoles-even

Quote:
Swinney said Tuesday after watching film of the 51-14 trouncing, he believes if the teams played 10 times, "We'd probably win five, they'd probably win five."

Swinney says he isn't taking away from the Seminoles' dominating performance. Florida State put up a record number of points for opponents at Death Valley. And while Swinney says there were a couple of areas the Seminoles "were a bit ahead" of his Tigers, he believes Florida State just caught Clemson on a bad night.
When you are playing the "biggest game in conference history" there is literally no excuse to have a bad night. I have no doubt Clemson is better than the score indicates, but to say you're even with a team that just scored more points than any other visitor in your stadium's history AND handed you perhaps the most embarrassing loss in the school history shows why the above picture is apt.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love LSUFreek
Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah - that just became the new avy.

And Dabo saying even is just talk for Clemson fans to get their pride back.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dabo being a joke is nothing new. It's going to very interesting to see how Clemson fairs once Morris, Boyd and Watkins are gone.

Also Pat Fitzgerald proposed a yellow/red card system for targeting calls. Pretty simple, but it actually makes a lot of sense to me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Also Pat Fitzgerald proposed a yellow/red card system for targeting calls. Pretty simple, but it actually makes a lot of sense to me.
If I had any faith the college refs were smart enough to correctly enforce such a rule I'd be all for it.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew Thomas gonna be out for the rest of the season and getting surgery. Probably will get a medical RS.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Over 315 former players are attending this weeks game that will be honoring Bowden.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-22-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
If I had any faith the college refs were smart enough to correctly enforce such a rule I'd be all for it.
Soccer does it for the most part perfectly fine. I assume that yellows would be for more technical violations/less severe hits, and straight reds for when a player decides to go full Meriweather.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-23-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

CB Antone Exum is expected to make his season debut starting opposite of Fuller this week against Duke.

That is big for Vtech's defense.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
CB Antone Exum is expected to make his season debut starting opposite of Fuller this week against Duke.

That is big for Vtech's defense.
The Virginia Tech paper tigers?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The Virginia Tech paper tigers?
Logan Thomas still sucks, no doubt, BUT their team is doing what every Vtech team does under Beamer/Foster - their defense is settling in and they just find ways to win.

They're nothing special, but they are solid.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dsfnvcjvnsaf
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC is now up to 10 players with season ending injuries, and 1 scholarship WR practicing with the team this week. While other teams are getting a slap on the wrist our guys are going down for the season left and right. I'm sorry, I know we deserved to get hit with sanctions, but after the ***** **** they have handed out since us, they need to look at this and help protect these guys a little bit.

**** the NCAA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
USC is now up to 10 players with season ending injuries, and 1 scholarship WR practicing with the team this week. While other teams are getting a slap on the wrist our guys are going down for the season left and right. I'm sorry, I know we deserved to get hit with sanctions, but after the ***** **** they have handed out since us, they need to look at this and help protect these guys a little bit.

**** the NCAA...
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. The NCAA should revoke its sanctions because you have a lot of injuries?

Also if you have that many injuries, the team might want to look at its S&C program.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. The NCAA should revoke its sanctions because you have a lot of injuries?

Also if you have that many injuries, the team might want to look at its S&C program.
We should have been issued the scholarships we asked for back when Penn State got theirs reversed. There excuse for giving Penn State their scholarships back was "they have made significant process towards making it a better program". Something that they have frequently praised us for, but when we go in there and ask for a full class this year in the last year for of our sanctions with the stance of that our players are getting hurt and cannot practice safely it is shady that they are so quick to write it off.

So in the end they are saying molesting kids and hiding it is better than paying players? Yep, makes sense. It isn't the S&C program, its a numbers game...plain and simple. They got what they wanted, USC has taken the hit...but for them to let these kids end their season...and possibly a career (I hate to say it, but it can happen) is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 10-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
We should have been issued the scholarships we asked for back when Penn State got theirs reversed. There excuse for giving Penn State their scholarships back was "they have made significant process towards making it a better program". Something that they have frequently praised us for, but when we go in there and ask for a full class this year in the last year for of our sanctions with the stance of that our players are getting hurt and cannot practice safely it is shady that they are so quick to write it off.

So in the end they are saying molesting kids and hiding it is better than paying players? Yep, makes sense. It isn't the S&C program, its a numbers game...plain and simple. They got what they wanted, USC has taken the hit...but for them to let these kids end their season...and possibly a career (I hate to say it, but it can happen) is ridiculous.
I still don't see the connection between sanctions and injuries. These kids aren't getting injured because of sanctions, and in the numbers you listed, it may very well have to do with the S&C program.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-24-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many total players does USC have on scholarship this year?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC Should get a lawyer and sue the NCAA for putting their kids in harms way and jeopardizing their future careers. If my kid was playing on the team that is what I would do immediately. The NCAA is there for one purpose only. That is to protect the student athlete. In this case they have not done their job.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still don't see the connection between sanctions and injuries. These kids aren't getting injured because of sanctions, and in the numbers you listed, it may very well have to do with the S&C program.
You can't be that hard headed can you?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
You can't be that hard headed can you?
I guess I am, because I'm not seeing the relationship. Feel free to enlighten me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I am, because I'm not seeing the relationship. Feel free to enlighten me.
Lack of scholarship players leads to lack of rest in between reps in practice and through games for these players. (USC has starters playing on special teams and scout team!) When players are playing worn out the risk of injury is significantly higher.

Being a former personal trainer and taking what I learned through sports med I stand by this 100 percent. Although I thought this was pretty much common sense even through an outside view...idk.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami and FSU are both in the mid 70s in scholarship athletes. *shrug*

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote