Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Grades On Polarizing Prospects?

Today I made a list of some of the guys who seem to have the most volatile stocks at this point in the season and thought it would be interesting to see which round everyone had these guys ranked in. The list is as follows:

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon*

WR Jarred Abbrederis, Wisconsin

WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers*

TE Colt Lyerla, ex-Oregon*

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL)

OT James Hurst, North Carolina

DT Dominique Easley, Florida

DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.*

DT Will Sutton, Arizona St.

DE Morgan Breslin, Southern California

DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.*

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin

LB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut*

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida*
Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Today I made a list of some of the guys who seem to have the most volatile stocks at this point in the season and thought it would be interesting to see which round everyone had these guys ranked in. The list is as follows:

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson 1st

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon* 1st

WR Jarred Abbrederis, Wisconsin 3-5

WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers* 2nd

TE Colt Lyerla, ex-Oregon* 5th-7th

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL) 4-7

OT James Hurst, North Carolina 1-2

DT Dominique Easley, Florida 3-5

DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.* 1-2

DT Will Sutton, Arizona St. 2nd

DE Morgan Breslin, Southern California 2-3

DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.* 2-4

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford 2

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin 3-5

LB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut* 3-5

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida 2-3*
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson

That's an interesting list of players who either have shown flashes, have an injury issue, or lack the ideal size for their position. For most of these prospects it will depend on the system and the coaching staff in place at the NFL level.

Some of my favorites on this list include Brandon Coleman, who I think will go in the 1st. I love the way he goes up and gets the ball and he has competitive speed. Developing as a route runner will be his challenge, but at the very least he should be a redzone nightmare early on.

Will Sutton obviously lacks ideal size for the position, but he is just so disruptive. I think he goes late first.

Colt Lyerla is talented, but has really hurt his stock with inconsistency and then leaving Oregon. He's probably in the 5th-to undrafted area, but will go undrafted if drug rumors are true.

Dominique Easley I think falls to around the 4th round. Seantrel Henderson seems to be helping his stock and I think is late 1st to early 2nd.

I can't see De'Anthony Thomas making it past the 1st round in today's NFL. He is a weapon that a creative offensive coordinator will love to have.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:20 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson - 2nd/3rd

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon* - 2nd

WR Jarred Abbrederis, Wisconsin - 2nd

WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers* - 2nd

TE Colt Lyerla, ex-Oregon* - late round/UDFA

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL) - 1st/2nd

OT James Hurst, North Carolina - 3rd

DT Dominique Easley, Florida - 3rd

DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.* - 4th

DT Will Sutton, Arizona St. - at current weight 4th - if he gets back down to 285/290 and tests out well at the combine it goes up a couple of rounds

DE Morgan Breslin, Southern California - 3rd

DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.* - 3rd

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford - 2nd

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin - 1st - don't care about his height, elite quickness and faster than everyone seems to think

LB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut* - 3rd

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida* - 1st
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:22 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson - 1st

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon* - 1st/2nd

WR Jarred Abbrederis, Wisconsin - Haven't watched enough to make an informed opinion

WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers* - 2nd

TE Colt Lyerla, ex-Oregon* - 4th - too talented not to be picked at this stage

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL) - 2nd

OT James Hurst, North Carolina - 3rd

DT Dominique Easley, Florida - 4th

DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.* - 2nd

DT Will Sutton, Arizona St. - 1st

DE Morgan Breslin, Southern California - 6th

DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.* - 3rd

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford - 2nd

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin - haven't seen enough

LB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut* - haven't seen enough

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida* - 2nd

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coleman had knee surgery in the offseason which has kind of hampered him up to this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Johnny Football?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been pretty vocal about my dislike of Boyd as a prospect and can't see a team being correct in taking him in the first round. With that said it's only my opinion and if a team sees something in him and takes him in the 3rd or later I could understand that.

De'anthony Thomas is pretty interesting. Before Tavon Austin we were used to seeing guys like this go in the middle rounds. I think he's a less polished version of Austin and I think he profiles best as a big play threat for a team that already has established receivers on the outside. I'd be fine taking him in the late second assuming I had an OC who could get the most out of him. I don't see him as a #1 weapon like Harvin or Cobb.

I had Lyerla as a 1st round talent before he quit. Obviously this drops him down a ton and his value is going to fluctuate largely based on how comfortable each individual team feels about him. If you feel confident about his commitment to football and have a system to keep him in check like Mathieu last year than I think he's worth the risk in the3rd round. With that said I expect a lot of teams to take him off their boards.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
1st

3rd

3rd

3rd

4th

7th

3rd

5th

3rd

5th

6th

5th

4th

2nd

6th

4th
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

De'Anthony Thomas is overrated and so was Tavon Austin. I'd rather have Ameer Abdullah, who is much closer to the lazy Darren Sproles comparison than Thomas is.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
He's tough to gauge. A consistent winner and great production. Great mobility and a good arm. Disastrous game against FSU last week. Right now, I think he's another Tyrod Taylor. Good enough to make some teams better at QB right away but long term success sketchy. Late 1st-2nd round.

No chance first round like I've seen some put him. Late 2nd -3rd.

Good feet for a huge guy but speed? Maby move him to TE? 2nd-4th round.

So far loving this guy. Reminds me of Greg Hardy. 1st rounder.

Love his game but he'll probably go low than outperform his position. Reminds me some of Mychal Kendricks. 3rd - 5th.

Not as explosive as Sio Moore but better cover guy. Looks like Donald Butler to me. 2nd - 3rd.

Haven't seen enough of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I've been pretty vocal about my dislike of Boyd as a prospect and can't see a team being correct in taking him in the first round. With that said it's only my opinion and if a team sees something in him and takes him in the 3rd or later I could understand that.

De'anthony Thomas is pretty interesting. Before Tavon Austin we were used to seeing guys like this go in the middle rounds. I think he's a less polished version of Austin and I think he profiles best as a big play threat for a team that already has established receivers on the outside. I'd be fine taking him in the late second assuming I had an OC who could get the most out of him. I don't see him as a #1 weapon like Harvin or Cobb.

I had Lyerla as a 1st round talent before he quit. Obviously this drops him down a ton and his value is going to fluctuate largely based on how comfortable each individual team feels about him. If you feel confident about his commitment to football and have a system to keep him in check like Mathieu last year than I think he's worth the risk in the3rd round. With that said I expect a lot of teams to take him off their boards.

People keep bringing up Tavon Austin as a reason for Thomas to go in the first round without realizing that Austin has done jack **** this year. That's going to give teams pause.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
No Johnny Football?
Not volatile enough? I'd have him going maybe higher than his grade. Mid to late first or wherever the Texans are drafting.

I can't understand how anyone could watch Tajh Boyd against FSU and say he's a 1st round pick. He'll he isn't even as good as the Noles backup.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
People keep bringing up Tavon Austin as a reason for Thomas to go in the first round without realizing that Austin has done jack **** this year. That's going to give teams pause.
That was my point. He's a less polished version of Austin and even Austin hasn't produced like a first rounder should. I still think part of his struggles are due to the Rams' offense but if you're taking a WR in the first round he should be a #1 option and not just a big play threat. I think Thomas should go in the middle rounds like guys with similar skill sets have been going prior to last year.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seantrel Henderson has improved on the field, but off the field he's had some problems this year. I'm not quite sure where his stock lays right now. Maybe 2nd round?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson-- I have a friend that loves him. But I don't see him as much more than a late 1st, early 2nd rounder. In the 22-40 range.

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon*-- A little overrated. Tweener for me, he'll go 2nd or 3rd round, but I wouldn't pick him til 3rd day. Think he's more Denard Robinson than Tavon Austin

WR Jarred Abbrederis, Wisconsin-- 3rd rounder. I think he's going to run faster than people think. Maybe high 4.4s.

WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers*-- really not sure on him. Mind says he won't get out of the 2nd. I wouldn't draft him that high though at this point.

TE Colt Lyerla, ex-Oregon*-- Marquess Wilson quit his Pac12 team last year, went in the 7th round, but at a deeper position. TE is pretty deep this year though, I can see Lyerla all the way down to the late 5th or 6th to playoff team that thinks they can reel him in

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL)-- Talent is there, but just hasn't shown it on the field. Wouldn't take him before the 5th

OT James Hurst, North Carolina-- Looks like a guy that could slide into the 1st. After the top 2 and Kouandijo go, all bets are off

DT Dominique Easley, Florida-- I thought he was a 1st rounder before the knee. Tweener, but I like him to bulk up and play inside in a 4-3. Still think he goes in the 2nd or 3rd.

DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.*-- I think late 1st. Kinda weak 4-3 DT group.

DT Will Sutton, Arizona St.-- 2nd round. Another tweener. Think he loses the extra weight before the combine and wins back teams with athletic ability.

DE Morgan Breslin, Southern California-- 3rd/4th. Just not a huge fan.

DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.*-- 2nd. Solid, not special.

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford-- late 1st. I really like him. Scheme diverse.

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin-- 2nd, really like him. Think he'll be a good player.

LB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut*-- haven't seen enough of him.

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida*-- 2nd or 3rd round. Mess of CBs in those rounds. I actually think he may stay in school.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
2nd

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon
2nd

4th

5th

3rd

2nd

Only ones I feel comfortable grading at all.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I notice some of you giving Timmy Jernigan mid-round grades.

I just was wondering why?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

Seeing mostly 2nd and third round grades. Mid round kind of implies 4th though 6th. He's consistently rated in the 8th to 11th top DT prospects. This DT class is not near what last year's was, and that range of tackles were taken in the back half of round 3 and the top of round 4.

He's not close to a round 1 guy. This is a class that looks to have a lot of WR/QB/OL talent taken in round 2. One or maybe all three of those positions could see a run on talent that causes teams to overdraft slightly.

Not sure why a 3rd round grade would be considered a slight. Ultimately that's a pick that should figure strongly in a situational rotation. That's pretty much Jernigan to a 'T'.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only person I have seen mentioned that I feel at all qualified to talk about is Brandon Coleman. At the moment I am very low on him. He has seemed really slow since off season surgery. Even before the surgery, he didn't seem to consistently get open despite a combo of good speed and massive size. I never felt fully confident about his hands either.

Maybe 3rd-4th unless he massively improves physically.

If he gets further away from the surgery and begins to show more speed, he has a chance to contribute based on his overall package of physical tools. I am confident he will never be anything close to a number one reciever.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

He's being controlled too often by one blocker. Not being helped by the new defensive scheme - makes the odd flash play, but not enough there for me.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson: Every year there is a prolific college QB who falls in the draft, this year I say it's Boyd. I think he is at best a career backup. Depending on who comes out, he could be the 10th QB off the board. I can't stand his delivery!!! 5th

RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon*: I think he ends up staying in school (and should do so to play more WR), but should he come out he probably ends up in the 1st or 2nd based on the speed.

WR Jarred Abbrederis, Wisconsin: Tough call here, I think he is a good player, but is the kind of guy who gets overlooked for guys with better workout numbers. 4th

WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers*: Haven't seen enough to decide

TE Colt Lyerla, ex-Oregon*: Despite the off-field issues, I think somebody will see the talent and take him in the early 3rd or late 2nd Right after the last of Ebron, ASJ, and Amaro goes, assuming O'Leary stays in school.

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL): I really wonder how a guy who can't even start at Miami, due to being an apparent head case and/or injury is rated so highly by some. If I were drafting, he isn't on my board. But realistically he ends up a late 2nd round pick.

OT James Hurst, North Carolina: I personally am a huge fan of Hurst. I think he has good enough footwork to play RT in the league, and do a damn good job. If Justin Pugh was a 1st round pick, so is James Hurst

DT Dominique Easley, Florida: The film says top 15, the injury bumps him to the bottom half of the 1st round.

DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.*: Top 10-15, people who don't see the potential here haven't watched enough of him. The thing that impresses me the most are the plays he disrupts by forcing offensive players to change direction and run into his teammates. To be a dominant player as an interior lineman you don't have to make every play, but he makes plenty.

DT Will Sutton, Arizona St.: I think Sutton is a starting NFL DT. I do think there are others at the position though who are better, (Jernigan, Nix, Easley, Hageman, Ferguson). Early 2nd for me.

DE Morgan Breslin, Southern California: Haven't Seen Enough of him.

DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.* I still want to watch more on him, but I like what I have seen, 2nd Round

DE Trent Murphy, Stanford: If you watch the film he is as good as almost any defensive player in the draft. There aren't a ton of guys who can take over games defensively, Murphy has done it more than once in his time. I think if he has a strong Senior Bowl (assuming he goes) and workouts, he could be this year's guy to bolt into the top 15. Too versatile, a team will fall in love.

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin, I like what I have seen, but I haven't decided on a grade.

LB Yawin Smallwood, Connecticut* Haven't seen enough to judge.

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida*: Athletically Roberson is unbelievable. The problem is, he tends to rely on his athleticism too much. Good NFL receivers would torch him if he were in the league today. Also he tends to be more of a diver than a tackler. Fortunately, the things he needs to work on can be fought. Things like being fast and having good football instincts cannot. That's why I think he is a 1st rounder
Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleDraftDude View Post
DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.*: Top 10-15, people who don't see the potential here haven't watched enough of him. The thing that impresses me the most are the plays he disrupts by forcing offensive players to change direction and run into his teammates. To be a dominant player as an interior lineman you don't have to make every play, but he makes plenty.
Have seen him 6 times this year so far and have a 3rd/4th round grade on him. Grade not helped by him being asked to be a Jesse Williams style two gap NT in an Alabama style defense early in the season and he was being controlled by one man very easily. If you look at Washington's Danny Shelton doing that role Friday night he was miles better than Jernigan.

Better moving forward, but still doesn't jump off the screen at me. Will get the chance to see him in a couple of big games moving forward (good matchup against the two decent interior guys for Florida - then Steen if FSU/Bama stay in course for the big one!), so will watch closely!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson

I haven't watched a ton on all of these guys, but here are my thoughts:

Boyd- I liked him a lot coming into the year but I've soured on him. I still think he can be an NFL starter but I don't think it will be as a high level guy. 2nd round

DeAnthony Thomas- Another guy I loved coming into the year. But his biggest concern was staying healthy despite the small size and he did not do that this year. 3rd round.

Colt Lyerla- Good talent but an idiot mind. I don't want him on my team. Maybe a 7th-round Hail Mary but that's it.

Seantrel Henderson- He has the skills but I don't like his character or motor. But I'd take a risk in the 3rd or 4th round.

Dominique Easley and Tim Jernigan- I really like both of these guys. Easley's injuries concern me but I'd still take him 2nd round. I'd take Jernigan in the 1st.

I'm also really surprised you didn't include the most polarizing player in college football on this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Have seen him 6 times this year
My thoughts are based off watching his entire career at Florida State. If you ares holding a scheme fit against him, that means you assume an NFL team would put him in that same scheme. Put him in the right scheme (3-technique, 4-3 DT) he is a top 10 talent.