Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-23-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he requested the trade and they did him the favor? Who knows.

Also, remember Carolina's GM has NY roots, maybe he and Reese worked a buddy buddy trade since they were going to let him walk at the end of the year anyway.

Or maybe he fell out of favor in Carolina and was in the doghouse.

Who knows. All I know is, I'm glad he's here. That at least addresses 1 major need as long as he can stay healthy. He's not a long term answer, but we can squeeze 2 maybe 3 more years out of him and that's fine with me.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll need to re-sign him. 1 of our 45 players that are FA's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll re-sign him. It makes sense for both sides to reach an extension.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I swear if we screw up the #Clownin4Clowney movement we better run the table.

I actually had a dream that the Giants ran the table, went 10-6 and won the SB. How sad is that? I need a hobby or something.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't dream about that but that's where I was going with the playoff talk yesterday. It's the fun part of being a fan. If we're only 2 games back going into our bye we do have a legit shot to take the division. It would be the biggest troll job by Eli and Coughlin ever. Imagine the vitriol from others here if we actually make the playoffs haha. It would be amazing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Just keep rooting for our division to keep sucking and it's possible. As sad as that sounds.

And how hilarious would it be if we somehow made the playoffs at 8-8, won a playoff game and the Broncos go like 15-1 and go 1 and done in the playoffs?

The football world's head would explode.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I didn't dream about that but that's where I was going with the playoff talk yesterday. It's the fun part of being a fan. If we're only 2 games back going into our bye we do have a legit shot to take the division. It would be the biggest troll job by Eli and Coughlin ever. Imagine the vitriol from others here if we actually make the playoffs haha. It would be amazing.
I have had dreams about the Eli giants becoming the first 7-9 regular season team to win the SB, but I'm not going get my hopes up on that front lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would laugh pretty hard if that ever happened.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I would laugh pretty hard if that ever happened.
The best part is that that would be what ended the HOF debate about Eli and Coughlin. That hate would be incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If that ever does happen, which is like a 0.0001% chance at this point, but if it ever does happen, I think we can officially say that the Coughlin/Eli era was the biggest troll job the NFL has ever seen.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

David Baas placed on IR. With the money he makes this might be the last of him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like no guaranteed money left, have to assume hes a goner.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He definitely has bonus money left but we'd finally be saving some cap space if he cut him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I consider Barr a pass rusher. Pass rushing OLBs and DEs are the same **** to me.

When I talk linebackers, I'm talking about ILBs or 4-3 OLBs.

I didn't trust his health. The guy is a hell of a player when healthy, but he's an injury concern every week. So far he's staying healthy and he's playing great. That and he is much better at MIKE than WILL.

He wasn't a good OLB, and he was a FA at the end of the year and they had no plans of re-signing him. Why not get a draft pick out of him?

Makes sense from their standpoint.
LBs slide on draft day in recent years. I could see us grabbing one at the too of 2nd or 3rd if someone sides
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Baas is gone. It's almost like he was never here anyway.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering what is happening. I would like to see if the Browns would be willing to trade Alex Mack.

The Browns are rebuilding and might be willing particularly if they aren't sure of resignibg him.

We would need to sign Mack to a long term deal. We would have to make cap room but we have options including extending Eli
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he is gone. We kept restructuring his contract. Same with Snee. That means more money at the end life of a contract. It hurts because its the end life of the players. The cap hit would be big.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I doubt he is gone. We kept restructuring his contract. Same with Snee. That means more money at the end life of a contract. It hurts because its the end life of the players. The cap hit would be big.
You are indeed correct IMHO.

He would have a $9,675,000 dead money hit if you cut him this year and will have a $6,450,000 dead money hit next year. Granted his base salary next year is $8,225,000 so you would save almost 1.8 million to cut him pre-June 1st. Cutting him after that point and splitting the cap charge would net you even more room in 2014.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=D...=C&Team=Giants
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He'll be a post June 1 cut so we can spread it over 2 years. There's dead money but we'll be saving so I think it happens.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think it's safe to say we might have an entirely new interior OL next year.

Pugh has struggled a little on the outside the past 2 games so I'm starting to think maybe we should move him inside to LG next year and get a OT.

When you get in his chest you can extend then go around him. Pass rushers are starting to do that to him and he's struggling bc of it.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's not a finished product. In the end I don't mind if he kicks inside because we brought in better T's but it's not like he can't improve.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I mean, he is just a rookie and I think he's done quite well when you consider that. Especially for someone who was EXPECTED to be a guard.

I mean, Cordy Glenn was supposed to be a guard and somehow ended up as a stud LT.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he hasn't played well and that he can't work out at OT.

I do feel he's better suited inside though. But I don't mind him at OT either. He'll improve. He has great feet. He just has to use his hands better which he will with time.

He'll make an excellent pulling Guard though. I think that's his best fit.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really think the best thing we can do for our OL is sign Brandon Albert in the offseason. Yes he won't come cheap, but we'll have money for him. Plus that moves Beatty to RT which is his best position anyway. Beatty will be a higher end salary RT at that point but it's not a terrible investment if we get great RT productivity out of him.

And that kicks Pugh inside where I feel we'd have an upper echelon LG in him. So that gives you 3 strong anchors along the OL with that move. I think it's worth it.

Then you draft a C or G and pray. I honestly didn't think Cordle looked too bad the past couple of games. I'd like to see him grow over the next 9 games and see what we have in him.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Plus that moves Beatty to RT which is his best position anyway.
Watching him get flat overpowered by Jared Allen, I have to ask how you figure that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote