Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no wonder i had those weird creep-vibes.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unf

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did they release any videos yet of the Nexus 5?

So far it looks the part. I want to see it live.

I hate that they still have the home/back buttons as part of the screen though. That takes up screen real estate and makes the screen smaller than the actual screen size.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 10-18-2013 at 10:48 AM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just out of curiousity why are you in this thread so much? I actually have an Android, like it and come here with questions so thats why I post here. But whats the point of coming into this thread and doing this same rant every 3 pages? I don't know how long you've been doing this here but it's at least been since I started following it. You love apple, cool story bro. This is probably the wrong thread. I hate playstation but thats why I post in the 360 thread and dont fill the PS thread bitching about their product.
Bc you guys come out with a phone like every 2 weeks. There's just more phone discussion in here.

The iPhone thread is boring bc there's really nothing going on in there. Our phones come out once or twice a year, and we never really have to trouble shoot any issues bc they're so amazing.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bc you guys come out with a phone like every 2 weeks. There's just more phone discussion in here.

The iPhone thread is boring bc there's really nothing going on in there. Our phones come out once or twice a year, and we never really have to trouble shoot any issues bc they're so amazing.
LOLZZZZZZZ

Except for examples of apps just completely disappearing when you update (happened to everybody in my family). Or how my friend had to have three different iPhone 5s because first his 4G LTE just didn't work, then all of his contacts were erased and then couldn't upload from the cloud. But yeah, there are never issues with Apples.

But the real reason I cam in here was... I have a Samsung S3. Last weekend, I downloaded an update for it from AT&T. Now my apps are running slow. Anyone else have a similar update or problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I've used the Note 3 for about a week now, I think the screen size is perfect for me. It doesn't even feel large anymore, well except if you talk without a headset but I got a pair of beats by dre headphones with the earhooks and use them as my headset so I never mind. Only thing I don't like is how they gave me like 40 apps that I didn't even know what they did, I guess they help but there are so many not sure how I'd even dive into all that.

But the screen colors, camera, speed, memory, etc are all pretty amazing. I use mine for a ton of Netflix, movies, internet browsing, so the screen size feels just right for me. It's also thinner and lighter then the previous note so if you look at one of the older models this one looks smaller. I'm always at 4G LTE speeds when I'm not using my wifi, but I don't know if that's normal or good, my S2 never had it.

I'm trying to give it more time because my last Galaxy was a complete piece of **** at this point so anything newer would be nice, but I'm pretty much in love with the screen. The size, and overall quality of it is pretty incredible for a phone especially if you change your screen settings to "movie". The speakers are crap, I guess I'd say it's a big let down but I don't use or need phone speakers to be great music quality. I always use headphones but I expected them to be better for a phone that size. I just know after a week it's not nearly as awkwardly big as I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i assume there was a restart in there, somewhere? are all the apps slow? i'm not really sure how bloated at&t versions are, these days.
Not all of them, just a few of them. I use Twitter, Stubhub, and a few news apps without trouble. Just a few of the games I play slow down occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to decide between continuing my wait for the new Asus Transformer Pad, or going with the Note 10.1.. Asus doesn't even have a release date set for the Transformer that I've seen. I'm getting very very tired of my iPad 2.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want kit kat on my phone!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've definitely adjusted to the size pretty quickly. It feels normal and then I pick up my old phone and it feels like a joke. I put on a pretty sizable case because I like a kickstand and the rubber on the outside is pretty grippy. It was too slippery and too thin for me without the case.

The battery life has been pretty good. I get a full day generally but I'm pretty hard on my phone, especially on days off. I do a lot of browsing and video streaming. The usb 3.0 charges it up pretty quickly though. I'm still buying the extended battery when it comes out though.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's weird, right? it looks huge, until you start using it. fits into a pocket well. handles well unless the app has really poorly placed buttons. not really all that heavy, and i'm on the 2.
Yea it really threw me, my old old iphone 3s with the otterbox case was bigger and heavier then this. I think that part was a surprise to me and I've enjoyed it a lot more knowing that. Are you using a case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I've definitely adjusted to the size pretty quickly. It feels normal and then I pick up my old phone and it feels like a joke. I put on a pretty sizable case because I like a kickstand and the rubber on the outside is pretty grippy. It was too slippery and too thin for me without the case.

The battery life has been pretty good. I get a full day generally but I'm pretty hard on my phone, especially on days off. I do a lot of browsing and video streaming. The usb 3.0 charges it up pretty quickly though. I'm still buying the extended battery when it comes out though.

I really think I would like this phone more with a kickstand, kinda wish it was on the phone but I've looked at some cases that offer them. The battery life at least gets me through the day, I tested it the first few days. Granted I'm at work for 11 hours a day but I still had pandora running, internet here and there, music player, all during lunch, and if I leave the house at 7 on 100% I can use it pretty heavily and I'm on 20% by 8 or so. That was with no charge, normally I'd just keep the usb cord on my computer so it wouldn't really matter.

But yea, the usb 3.0 port is awesome, the charge time to go from dead to full charge has got to be around 2 hours. I ordered the zagg invisible screen protector for the front and back, not sure how it'll look but it's gonna keep the phone slim and I doubt I can tell. I just hate the idea of my screen getting scratched up.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah the size i got used to pretty quick made my s3 feel tiny

this is my current case

http://www.amazon.com/COATED-SPIGEN-...ds=note+3+case

Im going to get one with a bumper on it soon to protect that but it's solid and really thin doesn't add too much size on it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This the one I'm rocking, but reverse the colors. It's not bad, but it makes the phone pretty bulky. There are a ton of colors all over ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Evecase-ARMURE...+3+case+purple

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
LOLZZZZZZZ

Except for examples of apps just completely disappearing when you update (happened to everybody in my family). Or how my friend had to have three different iPhone 5s because first his 4G LTE just didn't work, then all of his contacts were erased and then couldn't upload from the cloud. But yeah, there are never issues with Apples.

But the real reason I cam in here was... I have a Samsung S3. Last weekend, I downloaded an update for it from AT&T. Now my apps are running slow.Anyone else have a similar update or problem?
So you make fun of iPhones for not working then tell the board how your S3 isn't working properly.

OH THE IRONY.

#iPhoneIn2013,14,15,AndErrYearAfterDat
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you make fun of iPhones for not working then tell the board how your S3 isn't working properly.

OH THE IRONY.

#iPhoneIn2013,14,15,AndErrYearAfterDat
I know you are trolling, but the update is AT&T's fault, not Android's.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Speaking of which, I've 100% convinced myself that I'm switching to TMobile in a year bc **** Verizon. I paid 125 bucks a month the past 2 months for 1 line. That's ridiculous.

Which means my next phone is btw the latest iPhone and the latest Nexus. It's a 50/50 proposition at this point. I know I can buy a Nexus full price for cheap and save a ton of money. But if I really like the iPhone 6 and can sell my 5 for 400 bucks so I drop 250 total on the 6, then that's the more likely scenario.

But the 6 needs to really wow me for it to beat out the Nexus. So it's a 50/50 proposition at this point.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll never leave AT&T as long as I keep my current deal.

I am grandfathered in to unlimited data and also a discount from a previous employer. Unlimited data, txts and the mid minutes plan (which I now have thousands of rollover minutes) for 86$ a month.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$86 still seems like a lot.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
$86 still seems like a lot.
You can usually rape AT&T pretty well when you threaten to leave for Sprint.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

TMobile you can get unlimited everything for 70 bucks. There are some issues with throttling that I'm reading about, but I heard you can get around that.

Can any TMobile users shed light on this?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That doesn't answer my question jerkface.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TMobile you can get unlimited everything for 70 bucks. There are some issues with throttling that I'm reading about, but I heard you can get around that.

Can any TMobile users shed light on this?
Coverage usually sucks in the country and inside buildings is pretty spotty

I've gone over my 5GB plan once and got throttled. I don't know how to get around it.

And I get throttled to the Edge network which is pretty much useless but I only pay $30 a month so I can't complain.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 10-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Coverage usually sucks in the country and inside buildings is pretty spotty

I've gone over my 5GB plan once and got throttled. I don't know how to get around it.

And I get throttled to the Edge network which is pretty much useless but I only pay $30 a month so I can't complain.
30 a month just for data or your whole bill is just 30 bucks?

I heard there's a 70 a month plan that doesn't get throttled?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What in the world does throttled mean?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What in the world does throttled mean?
When you go over a certain data limit, they set you back to 2g speeds for the rest of the month.