Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-24-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That play was so pathetic by Beatty. Soooooooo pathetic.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Watching him get flat overpowered by Jared Allen, I have to ask how you figure that.
Low man wins every time.

He's been a more effective RT for the majority of his career vs LT oddly enough. You figure his body would make him a better LT but he's done better on the right side.

We're a passing team anyway, just save Eli from getting killed and I'll forgive you for being a terrible run blocker.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this week's game is key.

The week after is the bye week and the trade deadline ends the following Tuesday.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see if we can beat the Eagles this week. Hmmm Eagles, Raiders and then we can pick 1 win somewhere else.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well another loss for the Bucs. What team is worse, Bucs or Jags?

Jags - Bridgewater
Bucs - Clowney
Old 10-25-2013, 04:09 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

Jags - Bridgewater
Bucs - Clowney
I think both teams will take QBs tbh. The bucs will have a new coach and probably a new GM as well. They will want their own guy. Jags absolutely, positively HAVE to take a QB. If they take Clowney I will laugh so hard. It doesn't matter if he becomes an all time great, if they pass on Bridgewater and he becomes a top ten active QB in the league, they've made a huge mistake.

But that's what perennially bad teams do, so I probably shouldn't be surprised if one of those two bad teams pick Clowney instead of a QB...

EDIT: And for the record, the Jags are worse than the Bucs by a mile. The Jags have a legitimate shot of going 0-16 with sixteen double digit losses. They're not even competitive.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I think both teams will take QBs tbh. The bucs will have a new coach and probably a new GM as well. They will want their own guy. Jags absolutely, positively HAVE to take a QB. If they take Clowney I will laugh so hard. It doesn't matter if he becomes an all time great, if they pass on Bridgewater and he becomes a top ten active QB in the league, they've made a huge mistake.

But that's what perennially bad teams do, so I probably shouldn't be surprised if one of those two bad teams pick Clowney instead of a QB...

EDIT: And for the record, the Jags are worse than the Bucs by a mile. The Jags have a legitimate shot of going 0-16 with sixteen double digit losses. They're not even competitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post

I am not sure. If it's BPA balanced with need then you evaluate along those parameters. If Clowney is as good as the guys in our forum think so. Then it makes more sense that the Bucs take Clowney.

In other words, all the guys here say Clowney is a playmaker, once in a life time prospect who is the best defensive prospect to come out in a long time. Well then, I don't see a bad team passing on him just to fill a need. Usually teams who do that are consistently bad. Jags may, but I don't see the Bucs passing on Clowney especially if he is so good.

Look at the Bucs schedule. They can go 0-16 too. Rams don't have a QB. That game might be the only 1 they are winning.

Quote:
GAME DAY
9 Nov 3 4:05PMEST ) AT Seahawks
10 Nov 11 8:40PMEST + Dolphins
11 Nov 17 1:00PMEST ) Falcons
12 Nov 24 1:00PMEST ) AT Lions
13 Dec 1 1:00PMEST ) AT Panthers
14 Dec 8 1:00PMEST * Bills
15 Dec 15 1:00PMEST ) 49ers
16 Dec 22 1:00PMEST ) AT Rams
17 Dec 29 1:00PMEST ) AT Saints
Old 10-25-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jags - Bridgewater
Bucs - Clowney
Don't do this to me. You know what you're doing to me right now?! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't do this to me. You know what you're doing to me right now?! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!

Haha. You know I was thinking. Jags will get the first overall pick. Sure they need a QB but if Clowney is BPA and this best defender since god knows who basically the Andrew Luck of defense then what if they take Clowney at 1? We are going with the assumption they take a QB which they need but if BPA dictates JC and he is some amazing player then who knows.

Wouldn't that be funny if the dream is shattered with the first overall pick? he he

But the Bucs stink. 0-16 or 1-15 if they beat the Rams who lost Sam B. We need to lose all our games for SOS to kick in and take the 2nd spot. However, I am sticking to my 4-12 prediction or 4-6 in the remaining 12 games.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Guys, in the 2011 draft I wanted Geno Atkins in the 4th, Greg Hardy in the 6th.

And Jimmy Graham in the 3rd. But I don't count that one bc I knew we would pass on him bc we had Beckum.

I'm gonna go cry in a corner now.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I didn't want JPP. I definitely like that we have him now, but at the time I was missed because I thought we could get Dunlap or Hardy later and still have a physical freak to work with.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 draft!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We don't win a 2nd SB without JPP so hard to argue that one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wanted JPP in the first and Hardy in the 6th. Hardy was strictly a value pick at that point, we should have pulled the trigger.

I wanted Brandon Spikes in the 2nd. I don't remember who I wanted in the 5th. I wanted Selvie in the 7th I believe. I think I wanted a Center that was drafted by NO in the 5th.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We don't win a 2nd SB without JPP so hard to argue that one.
Oh yea, I fell in love as soon as I started watching him play and now there is no other person I'd take there.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm trying to remember what I wanted in 2011:

I think it was:

1. Jimmy Smith
2. Stephen Paea
3. Mason Foster
4. Marcus Cannon

I don't remember past round 3, but I think I wanted Cannon in round 4. I blew the first 2 rounds of that draft.

In 2012 I wouldve went:

1. Stephen Hill
2. Bobby Massie
3. Robert Turbin
4. Brandon Boykin

In 2013 I would've went:

1. Sharif Floyd
2. Arthur Brown
3. DaMontre Moore
4. Best Available OL
6. Stevey Beau
7. ?
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think Reese should take care of Rounds 1 and 2 and let us draft rounds 3 and 4 for him.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

actually to be serious. I'd have Reese do the whole draft and tell Ross to sit this one out.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's doing it on purpose. If Clowney was an OT he'd be all over him, but since he's a DE and nyg knows how we feel about our pass rushers, he's just twisting the knife.

Ultimately it all comes down to how many guys teams believe will become franchise QBs, cause teams like the bucs and jags can't pass on a guy they believe to be a franchise QB, not even for Clowney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha. You know I was thinking. Jags will get the first overall pick. Sure they need a QB but if Clowney is BPA and this best defender since god knows who basically the Andrew Luck of defense then what if they take Clowney at 1? We are going with the assumption they take a QB which they need but if BPA dictates JC and he is some amazing player then who knows.

Wouldn't that be funny if the dream is shattered with the first overall pick? he he

But the Bucs stink. 0-16 or 1-15 if they beat the Rams who lost Sam B. We need to lose all our games for SOS to kick in and take the 2nd spot. However, I am sticking to my 4-12 prediction or 4-6 in the remaining 12 games.
You sick bastard

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll have no shot for Clowney at 32 unless we trade up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
He's doing it on purpose. If Clowney was an OT he'd be all over him, but since he's a DE and nyg knows how we feel about our pass rushers, he's just twisting the knife.

Ultimately it all comes down to how many guys teams believe will become franchise QBs, cause teams like the bucs and jags can't pass on a guy they believe to be a franchise QB, not even for Clowney.
Hehe I am not sure about that. Last time there was an amazing potential, can't miss OT, it was..... Robert Gallery, which a lot of Giants fans wanted. God he turned out to be a bust and retired.

I am just thinking that Bucs may draft Clowney because he is one of the best prospects to come out. Like a defensive version of Andrew Luck. If he falls in their lap, I can see the Bucs drafting him.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jags - Bridgewater
Bucs - Clowney
Right now Minny is worse. What if they really do think Freeman is the QB of their future?!!

Another thing to consider is that a team at the top of the draft might opt to take their QB in Round 2 if they think they can land a guy they like. IMO, the hype of this QB class will faint as the draft gets closer because they have a lot of warts. Taj Boyd and Manziel could easily last to Round 2. Mariota might not declare. Hundley's hype is already fading after that Stanford game. Things can always change but I don't think anyone has him in the Top 3 right now. Athletically he's legit, but I just can't buy into his decision making.

Good thing is you should at least at the worst end up with Barr.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Right now Minny is worse. What if they really do think Freeman is the QB of their future?!!

Another thing to consider is that a team at the top of the draft might opt to take their QB in Round 2 if they think they can land a guy they like. IMO, the hype of this QB class will faint as the draft gets closer because they have a lot of warts. Taj Boyd and Manziel could easily last to Round 2. Mariota might not declare. Hundley's hype is already fading after that Stanford game. Things can always change but I don't think anyone has him in the Top 3 right now. Athletically he's legit, but I just can't buy into his decision making.

You and I both know that Manziel isn't falling past Houston, or Dallas if he falls that far. And given that Mariota should be a top 5 pick it's hard to imagine him not coming out.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Minny won a game though. I don't see the Jags or the Bucs winning. Bucs have 1 shot and that's against the Rams.

Barr would be fine. If he is that good, I can be happy with that. I want to see how things shake out, but I want Mathews. If not, Barr is cool. If he is that good, Barr and Beason could be a great 2 LB group.