Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One major obstacle with morning workouts, the snooze button. Or in actuality the new iphone snooze button that actually turns your alarm off if you don't touch it perfectly.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
One major obstacle with morning workouts, the snooze button. Or in actuality the new iphone snooze button that actually turns your alarm off if you don't touch it perfectly.
I know that feel. It got me a couple of times the past 2 weeks. I swore I hit the snooze and didn't.

I don't know how you do it bro, morning workouts are so hard. Don't you feel especially sore in the morning? And do you do any stretch routines before you go work out?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My body is generally pretty good with recovery so I never really have to deal with soreness after the first week or two. I do some static lower body stuff before I do some cardio then some dynamic upper body stretches before I start lifting then a good warm up set on whatever primary workout I'm gonna do that day and I'm good.

Plus my energy throughout the day is always better and I get a good night sleep generally cause I force myself to go to bed really early.

I always worked out before class when I was in college but had to switch to after work at my old job, but life in general is just a lot better with morning work outs. Throw in the yoga and rock climbing, and the fact that I started eating well lately, my body feels goooooooooood.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to start doing some yoga. I keep saying I will and I just never get to it.

How many rest days do you typically have each week? I workout 4 days out of 7 usually. I need to kick it up to 6.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

6 days lifting with yoga twice a week and climbing once. Is the plan, I haven't gone on Saturday in a month for different reasons though. And this week sucked.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Damn that's a serious commitment. Good **** bro.

Any recommendations for a yoga beginner who would be doing it at home?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'll see if I can find a yoga video but I've always done it with instructors. Basically just a lot of upward/downward dog, chaturanga, plank and some warriors poses along with some nifty easy stretches for your back/hamstrings.

I'd seriously suggest trying to find a free beginngers yoga session some how for your first time, some stuff may look easyish but you might be doing it completely wrong. I completely ****** up downward dog the first time and had no idea.

<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 10-25-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I wouldn't bother counting calories. Especially while on keto, eating over 2,400 cals is pretty hard.

I'd give it a go for a week and see if it helps.
Started immediately! It is killing me to not be able to shed it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I'll see if I can find a yoga video but I've always done it with instructors. Basically just a lot of upward/downward dog, chaturanga, plank and some warriors poses along with some nifty easy stretches for your back/hamstrings.

I'd seriously suggest trying to find a free beginngers yoga session some how for your first time, some stuff may look easyish but you might be doing it completely wrong. I completely ****** up downward dog the first time and had no idea.
Just to add on to that, make sure to read some reviews on the studios you go to. There is a wide variety of yoga out there, whether you do bikhram, ashtanga, anusara, power. Read some reviews and find one with good beginners flow class to get in the groove. And try to find beginners classes where the teacher is more hands on, and actually gives adjustments.

Also, almost every yoga studio out there has a week free or something to that extent, so you can try before you buy.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been stuck at 201-205 for months now and weighed at 199 today. May not seem like much but it's a big deal after all the work. Calorie deficit + keto + intermittent fasting + lifting + cardio (running or basketball). No cheat days or off days. Also doing some form of legs every day (squats every other day; calves, straight leg deadlifts, just something). Still can hit some of my previous weight like bench (set of 5 at 265) but have definitely lost a little bit overall. May just be due to lack of energy.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I've been stuck at 201-205 for months now and weighed at 199 today. May not seem like much but it's a big deal after all the work. Calorie deficit + keto + intermittent fasting + lifting + cardio (running or basketball). No cheat days or off days. Also doing some form of legs every day (squats every other day; calves, straight leg deadlifts, just something). Still can hit some of my previous weight like bench (set of 5 at 265) but have definitely lost a little bit overall. May just be due to lack of energy.
Congrats. I've been stuck around the 203-207 range for a month and was at 201.6 this morning. I should hopefully get under 200 this week. Though I probably have more fat to lose still than you do, I haven't been stuck for months, just about 4-5 weeks.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

It definitely sucks putting in work and going nowhere.

As far as the snooze button goes... had my alarm set for 7 and woke up at 1130.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It definitely sucks putting in work and going nowhere.

As far as the snooze button goes... had my alarm set for 7 and woke up at 1130.
Lucky...My alarms are set for 8 and I wake up at 6.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I really want to get into a 5AM wake up groove. Hard to make the switch though. Been watching a lot of baseball too which keeps me up.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Now that basketball season has started, I think I might have to start doing the AM workout routine as well so I can get more time to watch the games.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I slept through my workout this morning. Hate doing that. Hopefully I can get in around noon.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Last week was bad for me. I only worked out twice. And I skipped this Monday too. Need to get my ass back in gear.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I am the opposite right now. I am beat to hell but I cannot convince myself to take a day off. I do not remember the last time I did not go. Trying to get off bad habits and stay productive and I think the gym is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am the opposite right now. I am beat to hell but I cannot convince myself to take a day off. I do not remember the last time I did not go. Trying to get off bad habits and stay productive and I think the gym is the only thing that keeps me sane.
You and me man. Just gotta keep going.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My final bench set was 5 x 265 3 weeks ago and it's a set of 5 at 290 as of today. Feeling good

Old 11-18-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
My final bench set was 5 x 265 3 weeks ago and it's a set of 5 at 290 as of today. Feeling good
Wow. Impressive. What's your height/weight?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I have some sort of hamstring injury right now. I thought it was finally getting better this weekend but now that I'm back at work it is hurting a lot again. This chair apparently sucks.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started doing 50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 dips, and running a mile before work every morning. I try to knock that pushups and situps out in one set and the dips in 2 sets. Nothing crazy but I think it is acutally very beneficial. I still try to go to the gym at lunch or after work, but starting the day off with that has been making me feel great.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wow. Impressive. What's your height/weight?
6'1" 205. Pretty trim right now but I need to finish off the process and get those abs. But it's tough to commit to cutting while I'm making big gains. Currently I'm doing keto/intermittent fasting during the week and have been cheating on the weekends.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
6'1" 205. Pretty trim right now but I need to finish off the process and get those abs. But it's tough to commit to cutting while I'm making big gains. Currently I'm doing keto/intermittent fasting during the week and have been cheating on the weekends.
When I get to my desired weight, do I change up from the 5 by 5 program to get cut? Or can you still get definition with that and proper dieting?

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 11-19-2013 at 09:39 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote