Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Only if the voters out-think themselves. There are 11 quarterbacks in history to ever win a championship twice. Eli got both his in games against Tom Brady, who is one of those 11 guys.

I'm not saying winning twice should mean you're an automatic first ballot guy, but it should put you REAL close.
So Eli should be a first ballot guy because of two games, yet Matt Flynn isn't going to get near the HOF after his two games against the Pats and Lions..

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli will be a HOF when its all said and done. His total #s plus 2 Super Bowl rings.

He's in and it could be close to a 1st ballot depending on how he finishes up.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
The only quarterbacks in the NFL that have an all-pro selection are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.
Yup. And they're all first ballot hall of famers to me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
So Eli should be a first ballot guy because of two games, yet Matt Flynn isn't going to get near the HOF after his two games against the Pats and Lions..
We're talking about the Super Bowl though, not a trivial regular season game.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yeah, we need an overload of guys who are borderline top 10 QBs at best for the majority of their career.
Thank you. I love how team accomplishments get applied to individuals. Eli has never been a top 5 passer in any major statistical category. How in the world can you call someone one of the best of all-time when he is consistently worse than at least 5 of his current peers?

Oh I forgot. "Clutch factor" > empirical measurements.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Thank you. I love how team accomplishments get applied to individuals. Eli has never been a top 5 passer in any major statistical category. How in the world can you call someone one of the best of all-time when he is consistently worse than at least 5 of his current peers?

Stats are not empirical measurements of a player's positive or negative impact on the game.

Also, Eli is only maybe a Hall of Fame quarterback, and definitely not a first-ballot.

At this point in his career, anyway. If he wins another Super Bowl, maybe, or does something to make it obvious that he's one of the very best in the league. Despite winning the games he has, over the course of his whole career no one ever has really said, "You know, I really wish I had Eli Manning on my team." If someone was wishing for a current quarterback, there's a solid handful who'd be chosen before him, and that's how the Hall of Fame vote needs to be considered.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 10-25-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Eli's been top 5 in yards multiple times. TD's also I believe maybe once or twice. When all is said he's going to be top 15 in TD's and yards also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

The thing that might hurt Eli and not Roethlisberger is the team's success from year to year. Sure they won the Super Bowl twice, but it's starting to look like they caught lighting in a bottle twice more than having a model for sustained success and looking like a contender every single year right out the gate. Other than the championship years they've lost in the playoffs every other time from the jump. Or they didn't make it at all.

He still has a few years ahead of him so we'll see. If he were to retire today I think it's on the fence. If he doesn't win another title, but just pads his stats I think he eventually gets in.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is probably a HoFer just because of his super bowl wins, but he isn't that good honestly. His lack of regular season success or consistency really kills him for me. Good playoff guy if he can actually get there. As it sits right now, I would not vote for him to make the hall of fame. I don't see him as on par with they guys in there or with Peyton/Brady/Brees/Rodgers who will all probably make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Good point, they're so comparable....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Eli will get into the Hall of Fame, and I'd probably vote for him as well based on some of the other guys who are enshrined, but aside from the Super Bowls and the games immediately succeeding them, has anyone ever really felt like he was one of the best quarterbacks of this generation? Even following the Super Bowl victories, he's seemed like the fifth or sixth best passer in the league.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Eli wins his third SB this season so many heads are going to explode. Eli/Coughlin's giants have been the best trolls in the NFL over their era together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.

Which is exactly why my vote would be against him.

2 Super Bowl wins is damn impressive, but that alone should not be an automatic bid to the Hall of Fame.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I agree that Eli will get into the Hall of Fame, and I'd probably vote for him as well based on some of the other guys who are enshrined, but aside from the Super Bowls and the games immediately succeeding them, has anyone ever really felt like he was one of the best quarterbacks of this generation? Even following the Super Bowl victories, he's seemed like the fifth or sixth best passer in the league.
Eli's been one of the absolute best hurry-up and late game QBs since day one. Even back when idiots in NYC started calling for his head his stats in the last two minutes of each half, in the 4th quarter of one score games and on potential game winning drives were elite.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
When Eli wins his third SB this season so many heads are going to explode. Eli/Coughlin's giants have been the best trolls in the NFL over their era together.
I thought Eli was using his clutch superpowers to tank for Clowney?

Have you accepted that the Giants aren't worse than the Jags, Bucs, or Vikings!?!
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Eli/Coughlin's giants have been the best trolls in the NFL over their era together.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I thought Eli was using his clutch superpowers to tank for Clowney?

Have you accepted that the Giants aren't worse than the Jags, Bucs, or Vikings!?!
I want them to tank for Clowney, and they can totally still pull it off, but if they beat the iggles this week this'll just have to be another SB season instead because with how craptastic our division is, we can still go either way and become the first SB winners who had a losing record in the regular season, or continue tanking for Clowney.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mckinnie in at LT for Miami. Martin go RT and Clabo to fhe bench

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost game time in London. Sucks it won't on live tv for 49ers and Jags game.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
What? The game is airing live.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WTH?
Mi no comprende
Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno is the game not airing live on streaming ?
Old 10-27-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I dunno is the game not airing live on streaming ?
All NFL games are aired live. It's always been this way. Most streaming sites should carry it. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
All NFL games are aired live. It's always been this way. Most streaming sites should carry it. I don't see why they wouldn't.
Yep on the sites i use they have it so I'll be watching it. Sadly out here in Gree Bay they are showing the boring Dallas and Detroit game pffff.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Ebner sighting! Nice play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote