Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-27-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Oakland picking at 9 would be a crummy scenario. I like Watkins and all but he really won't do much to help the O without a QB. I'm not sold on Pryor, his accuracy is still spotty and he does some of the most dumbass plays, I'm fully on the Mariota bandwagon. I also don't feel like Houston, Pitt and Atlanta won't outsuck the Raiders enough to pick ahead of us, at least I pray they don't. We also desperately need an edge rusher.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:51 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
What was the deciding factor on keeping Roby as the 1st CB selected?

Also I see you have De'Anthony Thomas slated to New Orleans. What is the difference between he and Reggie Bush in the same situation with the team because all I see is a Bush scenario all over again?
yeah i really dont see the point of DAT to the saints at all, got Sproles and Cadet to fill that role and both do so admirably. If you want to go away from the more obvious needs (OT, CB and to a lesser extend OLB) and go offensive playmaker a wideout who can stretch the field would make a lot more sense. Sure DAT is a mismatch out of the backfield but so are all the saints runningbacks outside of ingram. Basically DAT brings nothing the saints dont already have and he hastn won the heisman so that negates the chance of the saints drafting him as well.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I do love Vic Beasley but honestly the front 7 of the Jets is insanely good right now I don't see why they'd use another 1st rounder on it after going that route 3 years in a row already. Eric Ebron would be a much better selection (I'm not buying into Cumberland, he's been playing well but let's be serious TE is still a huge hole for the Jets). Even if Barnes isn't healthy enough for the 2014 season we have 3 stud 1st round rushers already in Coples, Wilkerson, and Richardson I just can't fathom them going to that well again. We need some guys who can catch footballs!!

PS- Boo on being the best team to miss the playoffs =P
We still Need Speed at linebacker though. Coples will get healthier but he is no speedster obviously due to his size. Harris and Davis have been terrific this year inside but Pace is getting Long in the tooth aswell. Speed around the edge is what makes a QB step up and in the Jets case he is stepping right into the wolves with Wilkerson, S-Rich and Snacks.

I agree that we will most likely not address it in the first round but I could definitely see the Jets looking for a replacement for Pace.
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, I've been very adamant about this in the mock draft forum, and I'm going to continue to be here: the Browns will not draft Manziel. It would go completely against what they've been attempting to accomplish with trading Richardson and possibly Gordon, and that's avoiding poor attitudes. Manziel is the king of this with his off-the-field distractions and on-field taunts and trash talk. Plus, if you feel his attitude isn't a concern, he's also opposite of the type of QB that Chud and Turner typically look for. Big body, big arm, can stand in the pocket, Manziel is none of those. If they do decide to go the more mobile QB route, I'd expect Boyd to be their choice. But following history points to Mettenberger.

It's tough after the top 3 QB's because I think the Browns would have the choice of simply giving Hoyer another year. Yeah he's not an elite or even great QB, but he takes care of the ball and can lead an offense very efficiently, which in the draft would give the Browns the choice of waiting til after the first to take a wide variety of options from McCarron, Carr or Murray in the 2nd down to Price, Guiton or Lynch late, all with varying styles. I mean, Hoyer isn't in the mobile mold most seem to think the Browns want now, nor is he a big body, big arm QB these coaches have a history with, so you're really looking at just about any kind of QB here. But to sum up this rambling, I'd stick with history and expect Mettenberger with their second 1st round pick.

The Mosley pick I'm fine with. I've warmed up to taking an ILB in the first, though I feel taking a CB is more important, because of what two strong ILB's can offer in a 3-4.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I think Oakland picking at 9 would be a crummy scenario. I like Watkins and all but he really won't do much to help the O without a QB. I'm not sold on Pryor, his accuracy is still spotty and he does some of the most dumbass plays, I'm fully on the Mariota bandwagon. I also don't feel like Houston, Pitt and Atlanta won't outsuck the Raiders enough to pick ahead of us, at least I pray they don't. We also desperately need an edge rusher.
You are worried about Pryor's accuracy, but then you're on the Mariota bandwagon? Mariota struggles with the boundary throws and while he has improved as a passer, he still needs considerable improvement in that department.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott,

Here are my thoughts about the Titans' pick...

Right now, you've got us at #11 and picking DT Louis Nix. While I like Nix as a player, I don't see us investing that high of a draft-pick at the DT spot when we've gotten good production there this year. You mention that we don't have a "true difference maker" at the position; however, Jurrell Casey has been just that this season -- consistently taking on double-teams and still managing to wreak havoc in the backfield. He's been truly great thus far this season against very tough competition. Furthermore, Antonio Johnson has played surprisingly very well; and Karl Klug and Mike Martin are good depth guys. Plus, Sammie Lee Hill has been injured for most of the season; but the FO seems to be intrigued with what he brings to the table, so he'll be given every chance to prove that he can play. (I believe that Klug & Johnson are FAs after this season; however, both should be relatively easy to re-sign.)

The bigger problem along the DL has been at DE -- where Kamerion Wimbley has been an absolute bust for us. He's had a very difficult time getting onto the field and, when he does, he's made little-to-no impact. In my opinion, there's no way that he's back next season at his price-tag. Derrick Morgan and Ropati Pitoitua have been very solid all year, and backup Lavar Edwards has shown some potential and gives us some DE/DT flexibility at his size. However, none of these guys look like a real "difference maker" in terms of pass-rush, which this team has struggled to consistently generate aside from blitzing its LBs (i.e. Akeem Ayers & Zach Brown). I'd love for us to bring back the core of Morgan/Pitoitua/Edwards next season, plus a rookie pass-rusher. If one's available in the first round, it wouldn't surprise me if the Titans went in that direction.

Some other positions to think about in the 1st Round...
1. CB -- Alterraun Verner has been a STUD during the first half of the season; and as a FA this offseason, he'll want and deserve a big payday. I'm not sure that the Titans will oblige with that payday, unfortunately, which means that we could be looking for a starter opposite Jason McCourty next season, as I'm not sure that Coty Sensabaugh and/or Tommie Campbell are anything more than depth guys.

2. Right OT -- David Stewart has been a great OT for the Titans for many years; however, he's clearly lost a step and now gets beat on a fairly regular basis. I think he's a FA after this season as well, and it wouldn't be a surprise if we parted ways with him -- especially since this draft seems to have quite a few OTs worthy of first-round consideration.

(For what it's worth, I'd probably rank DE as our 3rd biggest need after CB and Right-OT -- though that would obviously change if we manage to re-sign Verner.)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking someone is going to make the mistake of taking Brett Hundley too early in the draft. In his defense he's probably not ready to come out so another year might serve him well.

Hundley against good defenses just isn't a top level QB. He is a strong runner but he's actually not quick in the pocket. I'll give him a bit of a pass because he doesn't have the greatest receivers in the world but he's slow in getting them the ball. If he does come out someone is probably going to jump at the measureables but to me he looks like the next Jason Campbell.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm thinking someone is going to make the mistake of taking Brett Hundley too early in the draft. In his defense he's probably not ready to come out so another year might serve him well.

Hundley against good defenses just isn't a top level QB. He is a strong runner but he's actually not quick in the pocket. I'll give him a bit of a pass because he doesn't have the greatest receivers in the world but he's slow in getting them the ball. If he does come out someone is probably going to jump at the measureables but to me he looks like the next Jason Campbell.
I honestly don't think he comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mora's advising him to stay, probably partly for selfish reasons, but I think it would be a smart move. Some guys just want to get paid so we'll see.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO WAY BUCS PASS ON MARIOTTA! Not a chance Scott!
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Timmy Jernigan in Dallas.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think he does either. Not only does he need to improve but the talent on UCLA is impressive and could lead to a special season next year in LA.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
NO WAY BUCS PASS ON MARIOTTA! Not a chance Scott!
Scott I'm with Bucfan12 on this one. I don't see a way we pass on a player like Mariotta at 2 if that's where we're picking. The only way I see us taking Jadeveon Clowney is if Mariota and Hundley stay in school. Which is very possible. Mariota only being 20 years old and is a bookworm and Hundley is looking like he needs one more year at school to become more well rounded.

Not saying Clowney is a bad pick cause watching him run down Brees, Cam and Ryan for years would be nice but the Bucs are a QB away from being a real player in this league IMO.

Last edited by bigbuc : 10-27-2013 at 04:10 PM.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs, their #1 need is a second RB. With Deanthony Thomas being the only "RB" off the board at that point, the Chiefs pretty much have the pick of the litter. With no second round pick, they don't have a lot of flexibility in waiting around to see what's available later on. Charles only has a couple years left on his amazingly team-friendly deal and the team probably shouldn't extend him beyond that.

Without really digging into it, I think either Gaffney and Seastrunk could be a really good fit.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What was the deciding factor on keeping Roby as the 1st CB selected?

Also I see you have De'Anthony Thomas slated to New Orleans. What is the difference between he and Reggie Bush in the same situation with the team because all I see is a Bush scenario all over again?
I think people are overreacting with Roby. Granted he is struggling this season but he is still as talented as he was a few months ago and there is plenty of time to get back on track. A classic case of "senioritis" in my opinion. Remember when everyone was writing off Mike Pouncey as a senior because he had some bad snaps? Now he may be the best center in the NFL.

As for Thomas, I think he'd be more of a replacement for Sproles than the next Reggie Bush. Any teams that selects De'Anthony Thomas won't be doing so with the intention of him being a starting running back as was the case with Bush. They know Thomas is an "offensive weapon" who will be a jack-of-all-trades at running back, wide receiver and return teams.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Someone else getting a sack probably meant he did his job and freed him up.
That's quite an assumption. No wonder why he's considered a Top 10 pick. Even when he doesn't get a sack, he's so good that he gets his teammates sacks by demanding so much attention, because, after all, his teammates are pretty terrible. Especially last year when they had no NFL talent on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Have you checked out Tuitt lately? He was playing with a painful injury the second half of last year (and against Alabama) that required offseason surgery, which also contributed to his slow start. With that said he has come on like gangbusters the past few weeks and was downright dominant against USC. I tend to agree that the Top 10 overall might be a little rich but I think he's the clear-cut second draft-eligible defensive end after Jadeveon Clowney and then there is another STEEP drop-off so he may get pushed up the board a bit.
I saw Notre Dame vs Michigan this year, but I mostly focused on Taylor Lewan. I watched Tuitt line up across from Lewan, but it wasn't very often and Lewan got the better of him during their match ups... despite the fact that I have never been impressed with Lewan - and against ND was no different. Tuitt didn't have a tackle in the game. I didn't think much of it. I figured his first round draft buzz would just go away since everyone becomes a potential first rounder every August.

I looked over Tuitt' stats after rawdawg mentioned that he had 11 sacks last year, which, I will admit, shocked the hell out of me. One thing that didn't surprise me and reflects my feelings of him... 11 TFL last year a well. That means he didn't make one single tackle for loss against the run that year. Not one. He has 5 sacks and 6.5 TFL this year, which means over the last year and half he's made 1.5 TFL against the run.

He plays on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage and doesn't make tackles in the backfield. I watched a ton of ND games last year and he never stood out. When Mike Mayock started hyping him up during broadcasts I started watching him closely and I didn't see much to warrant such lofty praise.

I don't know what makes him a first round prospect. He's not explosive off the ball, he doesn't have great technique, he doesn't make any wow plays, he struggles to shed blockers, he disappears for huge stretches of games, makes next to no impact in the running game... Right now it seems like all his buzz is stemming from the fact that he plays for Notre Dame - a team that was in the National Championship spot light last year with a slew of NFL prospects on defense - and his size.

You compared him to a poor mans Mario Williams. How about Jamaal Anderson? Or Adam Carriker?

Quote:
As for Kouandjio, I did indeed factor positional value into the equation with that statements and I think you almost have to. I don't know if he'll go earlier than Warmack and / or Fluker did because this is a much stronger draft at the top but I bet the Chargers would trade Fluker for Kouandjio and not think twice about it.
I was following up until there. I have no idea how Fluker has been doing in the pros, but I think Fluker looked like a much better pro prospect. And I wasn't overly high on Fluker. I thought 11th overall was a little steep, but they got a really good player at an enormous position of need. So I thought it was hard to argue against the Chargers draft choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
By the way, thanks for keeping my Reggie Bush quote alive! Now a multiple-time 1,000+ yard rusher who has been a key cog in some of the most explosive offenses in recent memory. :o)
smh... I'll add that delusional quote right underneath it. He's only cracked 1,000 rushing yards once in his career thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-30-2013 at 07:55 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could dig Manziel in the late first or second or whatever. I think he's too small and will probably fail as a pocket passer (and certainly won't survive many hits in the NFL if he runs like Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, Robert Griffin, or Mike Vick try to run a lot). Gotta love his upside though and how much of a gamer he. Like Colt McCoy with a better arm and more athletic (and hopefully much much much better accuracy as an NFL player than Colt displayed)
Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...However something tells me that the Browns's front office (who strongly emphasized positional value in the first round of the draft) would never take an ILB that early nor a RB nor an OG. So CJ Mosley doesn't make much sense in the top 15 for the Browns to me. Looking at what Banner did in Philly suggests that too.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The falcons need help at DE and pretty much every position except QB. But i think you have to go with Kouandjio there. The falcons cant run the ball and need a new LT and RT as Baker could be on the way out and Holmes hasnt proven anything yet.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I could dig Manziel in the late first or second or whatever. I think he's too small and will probably fail as a pocket passer (and certainly won't survive many hits in the NFL if he runs like Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, Robert Griffin, or Mike Vick try to run a lot). Gotta love his upside though and how much of a gamer he. Like Colt McCoy with a better arm and more athletic (and hopefully much much much better accuracy as an NFL player than Colt displayed)
So basically a total differant player than Colt McCoy. If you think Manziel is a guy who can get you to the promised land then you take him just about wherever you're slotted and don't worry about overpaying for him.

I've been impressed with Manziel since the start of the season. He seems more mature and more accurate while still retaining his ability to extend plays. I don't believe he'll be running read option or exposing himself to a bunch of hits at the next level.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I would love to see Timmy Jernigan in Dallas.
RB seems to be a big need right now.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pass Rush first and foremost, the defense can not operate without pressure from the front four. Ratliff is gone, Spencer is a FA, Hatcher is a FA, and Ware's body is starting to break down.

Murray is a complete back, just needs to stay healthy. No Way they go after a running back in the first round.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And no RBs worth the first round pick right now.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
And no RBs worth the first round pick right now.
So you would rule out Mamba?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 10-28-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
For the Chiefs, their #1 need is a second RB. With Deanthony Thomas being the only "RB" off the board at that point, the Chiefs pretty much have the pick of the litter. With no second round pick, they don't have a lot of flexibility in waiting around to see what's available later on. Charles only has a couple years left on his amazingly team-friendly deal and the team probably shouldn't extend him beyond that.

Without really digging into it, I think either Gaffney and Seastrunk could be a really good fit.
What? No. Their biggest need, besides Alex Smith's replacement, would be about 4 new offensive linemen.