Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama

We all know he's been great at Bama. He's been playing ILB in a 3-4. But in the NFL to me he looks like a 4-3 Will or Mike in a speed based D. Something like a Tampa 2.

Where does it look like he'll be drafted? Run and tackle LB's seem to always fall on draft day because they don't rush the passer. Also with his size 228 teams will look at him as a little small.

My view on him is I really like his game. Fly's to the football and is a nice team leader. Also I think he fits very well with the NFL is turning into. With all the screens, Read Opp's and running QB's you need LB's that can run and that trust his eyes.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, he's someone that I would want on my team. I've watched a lot of his film from last year and the thing that always sticks out to me is his ability to shed blocks and get off of them. Like you said, he is also really good when it comes to tracking down the ball carrier and bringing him down. I love the way he plays MLB for the Crimson Tide and think he would be great in that role in the NFL if he is drafted by a 3-4 team.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be my favorite player in the entire draft. Just a terrific player who I also think fits well in today's NFL. Might slip a bit because he isn't a great pass rusher, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him go near the top 10.

Teams will fall in love with his leadership and versatility.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think he's a special player?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He was a special college player. I think teams would be right to have reservations about drafting Alabama linebackers too early, though. Too many burns, not enough aloe.

I really like him. I think he's a true leader on the defensive side, but leaders aren't worth crap if they're not on the field. If you think he can get on the field, he can be a key part of your team.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He was a special college player. I think teams would be right to have reservations about drafting Alabama linebackers too early, though. Too many burns, not enough aloe.

I really like him. I think he's a true leader on the defensive side, but leaders aren't worth crap if they're not on the field. If you think he can get on the field, he can be a key part of your team.
I don't think he was special. I think he was very good. Projecting to the NFL, it's hard to imagine that said very good will become special and easy to imagine it becoming just solid or good.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's special. One of the best and most complete LBs I've watched over the last 10 years.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I think he's special. One of the best and most complete LBs I've watched over the last 10 years.
I agree, he'll slip on draft day because ILBers just do, but he has everything you look for in a modern day ILBer. One of his real strengths where he is indeed special, is dropping back into pass coverage. Cannot see him getting out of the top 15, he's got top 10 talent, but the position will drop him.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This is kind of the crux in my evaluation of Mosley. You see many people say this about his teammate, HaHa Clinton-Dix, but this is how I feel about Mosley as a prospect.
He is good/very good in all aspects of the game, but I don't see that one thing where I, if I where in a war-room on draftday, would bang the table and say "We NEED this guy, because he can do X, Y or Z exceptionally well".

Combine that with a strong draftclass, where there are really intriguing prospects on positions valued higher than ILB, as well as Mosleys history of nagging injuries, and I can't justify spending a top 25 pick on him.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
I don't think he was special. I think he was very good. Projecting to the NFL, it's hard to imagine that said very good will become special and easy to imagine it becoming just solid or good.
There's a huge difference between "special player" and "special college player".
Old 04-12-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mosley is a Vilma level prospect and Vilma IMO was a more impact ILBer for the Hurricanes than Mosley was for the Tide. Also Vilma had much better straightline speed.

Mosley doesn't have great athleticism at 230#. If he puts on 10-15# more in the NFL I think his range on the field gets negatively impacted.

Great college player but to me Mosley looks like just a solid starter in the NFL.

Nothing wrong with that. Every team in the NFL needs 22 of those.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the success rate on first round linebackers that have the "they don't do anything that blows you away" disclaimer on them? It seems really, really low.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What's the success rate on first round linebackers that have the "they don't do anything that blows you away" disclaimer on them? It seems really, really low.
Excellent observation and one of the reasons I disagree that he's a very safe prospect.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not quite sure what people see in him in the first place. He was part of an incredibly talented, cohesive unit, that allowed him to show versatility, but he rarely stood out to me, and he seems far too slow (and brittle) to warrant as much interest as he's getting. I feel like he's one of those guys that will go in the 3rd to a team that drafts "well", people will say it's a steal, and then he won't amount to anything more than average.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
This is kind of the crux in my evaluation of Mosley. You see many people say this about his teammate, HaHa Clinton-Dix, but this is how I feel about Mosley as a prospect.
He is good/very good in all aspects of the game, but I don't see that one thing where I, if I where in a war-room on draftday, would bang the table and say "We NEED this guy, because he can do X, Y or Z exceptionally well".

Combine that with a strong draftclass, where there are really intriguing prospects on positions valued higher than ILB, as well as Mosleys history of nagging injuries, and I can't justify spending a top 25 pick on him.
I think this last paragraph sums up Mosley's problem very well, but if this was 20 years ago when teams were still running the ball the way they throw it today, he would be a top 10 pick and many scouts and GM's would be saying he is very special. However, it isn't 20 years ago and ILBers can be an afterthought on draft day, but I still think he doesn't get out of the top 20 in a worst case scenario and more likely will go top 15, which speaks volumes about how special he really is.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolando McClain, Aaron Curry, AJ Hawk..... 3 ILB's drafted sky high.

I am not in love with Mosely at all. Speed is one thing. Durability another.
I just see better instincts in Borland without a doubt, and I'd rather have great instincts and adequate speed than good speed and so-so instincts.

Will be interesting to see where CJ goes.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Rolando McClain, Aaron Curry, AJ Hawk..... 3 ILB's drafted sky high.

I am not in love with Mosely at all. Speed is one thing. Durability another.
I just see better instincts in Borland without a doubt, and I'd rather have great instincts and adequate speed than good speed and so-so instincts.

Will be interesting to see where CJ goes.
I agree with most of what you posted but I do disagree about Mosley's instincts, they are first class IMO.

As for the 3 LBers you mentioned, Curry came from one of the worst draft years I have ever witnessed in my 60 years of following the draft and his failure to produce wasn't any kind of a shock for me.

McClain was drafted by a 90+ year old owner Al ,Davis, who had lost touch with appraising talent and although I liked McClain, maybe he got overdrafted by Davis as he did with so many other prospects late in Al's life.

Hawk is still starting today and was a very high pick based on his ability as a prospect, he didn't pan out as a stud, but is a decent player today.

PS I believe both Curry and Hawk were originally drafted as OLBers, only McClain was actually drafted to play ILBer. ILBers drafted pretty high have a very solid rate of success, it's not that bad.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not nuts about mosley but he is a solid prospect. Dont really like him not being overly athletic whilst being slightly undersized. Basically he is a taller Teo who hasnt taken games over like teo had (yet never had the terrible game teo had against bama).

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:51 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
not nuts about mosley but he is a solid prospect. Dont really like him not being overly athletic whilst being slightly undersized. Basically he is a taller Teo who hasnt taken games over like teo had (yet never had the terrible game teo had against bama).
I think you are slightly under selling his athleticism. I agree I don't see him as a terrific prospect but he has sideline to sideline range. Teo is a guy who needs to play within the tackle box IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mosley is hard for me to get a good grade on. There are things he does that I think translate very well to the pro game, especially his ability to read plays and shed blockers, but he doesn't have any really elite traits. His instincts and block shedding are probably close to elite as draftable attributes, and also the most important aspects for a 3-4 ILB, so I see his appeal there.

Still, you talk about a high end LBer prospect and you want to see some sort of freak athleticism and/or nasty aggression. He's probably a plus with both of those things but hardly freakish.

It's hard as Alabama didn't use him as a playmaker. They really used him in a conservative role and didn't allow him to play loose very often. So I do think there is upside there if he hits in a 3-4 scheme that will allow him a little more roaming/attacking. My Packers are a pretty ideal fit as our scheme has proven to work with lighter 3-4 ILBs that we use in a variety of coverage/delayed blitz type actions.

I do think he's a safer pick than guys like Vilma or Hawk or etc.. He might not have the flashy college plays but his instincts and ability to shed blocks are hard traits to find in college players and usually translate well. When I watch tape of him against NFL caliber Guards and he takes them head on only to get free and make plays on the ballcarrier, I really like that.

Also a very good point above by Iamcanadian. Mosley should be drafted as an ILB and more specifically a 3-4 ILB in a scheme with an occupy front. That's where his skillset works best. If someone tries to plug him at OLB, I don't think he'll be amazing.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 04-14-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Gil Brandt just came out with his latest rankings and he has close ties to the Cowboys and I believe he has access to their draft board through his contacts in their organization. Hr has Mosley at #23, so he has fallen quite a bit from where I saw him going, although I thought his position might hurt him, but he is still a first round talent.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mosley will be a mediocre player. Sheds blocks well? How can someone watch his footage and find that as an asset of him? He's often times caught in the wash and driven down field. His best plays come when he's not blocked at all and he's allowed to fly to the ball. He's pretty mediocre against the run overall, he's better in space.

Even with that said, he's not great in space. He's good and better there then versus the run, but to me he screams a possible okay starter, but nothing about him screams Pro Bowler at the next level.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I had the exact same thought.

Related, he doesn't seem much more than slightly above average athletically.

For all the heat the combine takes, the reason it's important is because world-class athleticism is a pre-requisite for the pro game.

Also, a lot of what you guys are saying about how he deals with blocks and when he makes plays - I downgraded Lavonte David a bit for the same reasons just prior to the draft (should have stuck with my initial evaluation which was that he was a straight beast). But the main difference here is that while they both make plays and have great instincts, David is a notch above him athletically.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Mosley will be a mediocre player. Sheds blocks well? How can someone watch his footage and find that as an asset of him?.
Well, mainly because he sheds blocks well.

Do you expect him to never get washed out on runs? Offenses tend to design plays that work, oddly enough. So yes, he doesn't get a TFL every play. However, when he gets locked on with guys blocking he does a great job of holding that block until the run reaches him and then disengaging to make a play.

I'm also not sold on Mosley as a pro bowl player but he does some things very well for a college linebacker.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Well, mainly because he sheds blocks well.

Do you expect him to never get washed out on runs? Offenses tend to design plays that work, oddly enough. So yes, he doesn't get a TFL every play. However, when he gets locked on with guys blocking he does a great job of holding that block until the run reaches him and then disengaging to make a play.

I'm also not sold on Mosley as a pro bowl player but he does some things very well for a college linebacker.
I agree, I don't know what film they are watching, but he sheds blocks very well in all the film I studied.