Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Happy B-Day!
Thank You. Got the year older thing down pat..the year wiser part not so much lol
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Birthday man!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Agreed, and on all your points. I will say, Fisher needs to be better. The difference between right and left tackle and right and left guard is negligible. The technique remains the same, and he needs to be better. I think a big issue from him is strength, we see him get pushed around. We saw that in the Raiders game against Sio Moore (a fellow rookie). I think a year in a professional strength program will do him good. The feet are there, for the most part. I think strength is the biggest problem.

Upgrading WR should be a top top priority. Speed would be nice but not necessarily as important as a guy that runs good routes. Add speed to route running and he could work wonders. Tight end is a big need as well, the Bearded One is a nice find but I believe he could be easily upgraded over.

Running back could be an issue as well. Jamaal Charles is easily the best player on offense, but with one surgically repaired knee and his workload the Chiefs need to be prepared for life without him. Knile Davis I have hopes for, but I don't see a lot of shiftiness out of him and he still puts the ball on the ground. Call me crazy, but I get kind of excited thinking about Lache Seastrunk taking over for Jamaal someday.

Without knowing about Tyler Bray, the Chiefs need to continue to think long term about the quarterback. Hopefully, the Chiefs will be picking 32 and all the best QBs will be gone, so I don't know how to address that. But they should be looking.

I agree. WR HAS to be a high priority next offseason. Jamal Charles, right now, IS the Chiefs' offense. But the Chiefs need to add playmakers on the perimeter on this offense because there is almost nothing outside of Bowe at receiver. And Bowe's production is pretty worrisome this year.

And I agree the Chiefs need to continue to look for a long term solution at QB. I'm a Tyler Bray fan, but until he proves something...And Alex Smith, as mentioned, is what he is. We are winning because of Charles and this outstanding defense. Hopefully that's enough to carry us deep into the playoffs.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR is easily the #1 need for where we'll be picking unless something freakish happens and one of the better QBs starts to slide. If that happens I think we've gotta get on the phone.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on being undefeated, here's a gif of Kool Aid man Andy Reid

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tamba Hali leads the NFL in QB pressures with 54...10 more then 2nd place who happens to be Justin Houston
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all this scuttle about Josh Gordon being available I think the Chiefs should absolutely kick the tires on acquiring the guy. I think Andy Reid could get to him. The dude is young, adds big play potential that the Chiefs just don't have outside of Charles, and is under contract for 2 more years. I'd much rather trade a mid-20s 1st round pick for Gordon than take the 4th or 5th best player at any particular position.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, IDK what I'd give up for Josh Gordon given his character red flags but, obviously, he just happens to be coming to town this weekend for the Chiefs to get an up close and personal look-see.

But I agree, he could add some punch to this offense. Assuming he can keep himself out of trouble and work hard.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

But, on second thought, with regards to Josh Gordon, given what we have at QB and Alex Smith's lack of an overly effective deep ball, could we even maximize the talents that Josh Gordon would bring to the table?

Not trying to knock Alex Smith. But we've seen a good number of deep attempts he's made that the receiver had to stop and come back for the ball or the pass was just not on the mark. As much as I'd like to have Gordon in Chiefs' red, I'm not all the way certain he's a good fit given what our QB is.

IDK. Just a thought.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm hoping that one of the QBs just happens to drop to the last 1st so we can snag one of them to develop.

As far as Gordon goes, one more strike and he's out a year, so I'm passing. I'd much rather trade for Nicks if we're talking about getting a WR via trade.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Anyone besides me hoping that Sammy Watkins fails the combine drug test and falls down to our pick in the first :)
Old 10-28-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. I expected one of the ugliest losses of the season for the Browns earlier in the week, but the team fought hard behind Campbell. (Except for Bess.)

Going forward, Iím on the Chiefs bandwagon. I have a friend thatís worked for the Chiefs and heís said nothing but great things about the place. Iíve been a big fan of a lot of the core pieces. Charles is an explosive offensive linchpin. Heís fun to watch. Reid schemes the short passing game well. As long as Smith remains accurate and efficient in that range, and takes advantage of some of his shot opportunities, the offense should be consistent. And that defense. I think a lot of people still underrate it. Even though Manning is performing at an all-time level, I donít think thereís a defense thatís better equipped to contain Denver. Youíve got a top five tackle in Poe. Youíve got a pair of edge rushers that are firing. Youíve got a quarterback in the middle of the defense. Youíve got a trio of aggressive corners. Youíve got a game-changer on the backend. Youíve got a lot of ingredients to cook up a confusing defense. Itís on Sutton to channel his best Mangini and Rex impression against Denver.

As for Gordon, from a Browns perspective, heís a big upgrade to the current receiving situation. Heís a coverage-changer with the skill set to establish himself as a legitimate vertical threat in that offense. But the two caveats are mid-season integration and off-field issues. Given Smithís skill set, and Gordonís adjustment to a new offense, is he a difference-making contributor in a contending season? And, given Gordonís status in the leagueís substance abuse program, is the price too high? Itís tough to gauge that risk/reward. It seems the Browns are asking for at least a second. Perhaps a second and a starter. (If Iím the Browns GM, Iím starting that conversation with Cooper, in all likelihood.)
Old 10-28-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Thank you for being classy, and you're continuing to be one of my favorite posters on this board.

As for Gordon, the off the field stuff scares me a lot. I think we have the type of locker room to prevent that kind of behavior in the future, but am I willing to bet a high draft pick on it? No. And I'm not sure I'm willing to disrupt the locker room chemistry that the Chiefs have right now for one player either.

As for the Browns, I told Deep that it would be a close game. The Browns are not as bad as their record, especially on defense. That unit is humming right now. I was a huuuge Ray Horton fan, and before Reid became available I wanted him to lead our franchise. A year or two, with a solid draft this year, and I think that D can be one of the best in the league.

Good game, and good luck the rest of the way.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

I go back and forth on Josh Gordon. Yeah, the kid is super impressive. But there are two elements that are kind of preventing me from going in on him:

1.) The obvious character flaws. Although Kevin Harlan was on a local radio show here last week and said he's spoken to him and says talking to him gives you the impression that the kid is pretty smart and articulate. And that the problem may be who he surrounds himself with.

2.) Alex Smith just does not have a very accurate downfield arm. I feel a talent like Gordon would do better with a big armed QB that can hit him in stride 40 yards down the field. That's just not Alex Smith's game. So I question if we could fully utilize his skill set given what we have at QB. Especially when you factor in the cost to acquire him.

Given those two factors, if I was the GM and had to make a decision right now...I'd pass.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
It seems the Browns are asking for at least a second. Perhaps a second and a starter.
Well, that's the bottom line isn't it. Do we know any teams that need a WR and have an extra second round choice laying around? Oh, yeah, the Niners (theirs and ours). If they want him, they have the ammunition to make the deal.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm glad the Chiefs didn't make a move for Gordon, but I'm super happy they didn't make one for Tony G. I would have been livid at giving up a 5th for an 8 game rental.

They're building the team to be competitive now AND in the future. Which is good.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Saw this on Twitter and thought it was funny.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football

Quote:
The NFL announced the Week 11 Chiefs-Broncos game on Nov. 17 has been drawn as the first flex-scheduled game of the year, replacing Packers-Giants on Sunday Night Football.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did a quick mock (obviously, the Chiefs picked 32nd) and it came down to this:

All top QBs were off the board.
All top WRs were off the board.
ASJ was available.
Guards Cyril Richardson and Gabe Jackson were available, as was Lache Seastrunk.

I decided ASJ's off field stuff was too risky for KC even in late round 1, while the guards are good, but the position can be addressed later. I also decided addressing QB and WR was worth moving to the next tier.

So, I considered between the following: QB Sean Mannion, QB Zach Mettenberger, WR Odell Beckham, RB Lache Seastrunk. Before I tell who I picked, I'd like to hear ya'll's thoughts.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

It's early and my opinion may change. But judging by the way the team has played this year, I think next year the Chiefs REALLY need to focus on prospects with the potential to make plays with the ball in their hands.

If the Chiefs go offensive line again in the first round I may lay waste to one of my TVs. I don't care that we're probably going to lose Branden Albert. The Chiefs need more playmakers. I know the offensive line has some issues. But if this year has proven anything is that spending a ton of high picks on the offensive line doesn't guarantee you great offensive line play. And I'm of the believe that coaching, scheme and playcalling are just as important to offensive line performance as raw talent. But, that's just my opinion.

The only other thing they can do that wouldn't severely tick me off is getting another pass rusher on the defensive line to team with Poe on passing downs. I'm a fan of Ra'asheed Haggeman out of Minnesota. I think he's a defensive lineman that can play the 5-technique and rush the passer on passing downs. But, even that shouldn't be a high priority. Especially if we can keep Tyson Jackson around.

But, IMO, the focus needs to be on offensive playmakers. And I really don't think the Chiefs should be out of the QB market either. Although I am still a huge Tyler Bray fan.

Last edited by KaneMarko : 11-22-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

1. QB
2. WR
3. DL
4. FS (to replace Kendrick Lewis)

Old 11-22-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I love you boe.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get ready to lose on sunday jerkbags

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
get ready to lose on sunday jerkbags