Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Why is YAC a problem because of Geno - ball placement? Tavon Austin was quite good at getting YAC with Geno throwing him the ball in college. I think Geno will continue to improve as he cleans up mechanics - which still need work.
Ball Placement and get rid of ball issues for Smith. Back in college, Austin played a lot of short routes against college defense that usually has a lot of holes. So far, Austin could not do what he had done in NCAA with Bradford in pro. Bradford is awfully slow to find a right receiver.

Smith is learning but it is difficult to change habits.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man! Everything goes wrong there.. Did they just suffer a culture shock?
Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was very, very bad. Hopefully next week is better before they head into the bye (though obviously the matchup is tough).
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so disappointed in Dee Milliner. He really hasn't shown anything that makes you think, "that's why we drafted him in the top 10." At least Kyle Wilson usually had pretty good coverage, he just of course never turns his head around. Milliner constantly gets beat deep, as well as on quick slant patterns. Now I'm not gonna throw the bust label on a guy in week 9 of his rookie season, but we're heading down that path.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless he's just playing poorly because he's not actually healthy, I think Milliner gets moved to safety by his third season. Seems like a potential Antrel Rolle to me at this point.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From everything I have seen of Milliner, he is not an nfl cornerback. However, this is year one, he missed training camp, and he hasn't been healthy. Granted not being healthy has been his problem for years, but tons of guys turn their careers around in year 2. From what I've seen though, I'm not too confident. Once again, this could be injury, but he doesn't seem to have recovery speed when the ball is in the air, which is very troubling.

Also, everyone keeps telling me that wilson is a good slot corner and pff has talked about him being a great slot corner, but for some reason, I never think of him as anything but a mistake prone player. I may have an unfair bias against him at this point, I'll have to pay more attention to him.

Last edited by josh07039 : 10-29-2013 at 05:13 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Looks like Sudfeld will be starting against the Saints with Cumberland's concussion.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Awesome win, didn't see that coming at all. Defense fantastic, Ivory looked special when he had chances to get out in space. Obviously won despite Geno, but I'll take it. Great to get some big time momentum heading into the bye week.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The box score doesn't really show it but Quinton Coples had one of the more dominant games from a defensive lineman/rush OLB in recent memory. It felt like he was in the backfield every single play. Hopefully that was his breakout game and continues to be a force.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 11-04-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Awesome win, didn't see that coming at all. Defense fantastic, Ivory looked special when he had chances to get out in space. Obviously won despite Geno, but I'll take it. Great to get some big time momentum heading into the bye week.
I don't think it was despite Geno but more so Geno was not relied upon to save the day or help the win. He was just there.....and that's fine when your facing a defense that has no idea on how to stop the run. He just needed to make throws to not have the Saints put 8 men up front.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

What happened to Jets game last weekend? Canceled? lol.

Anyway, I don't get it why Jets stopped using Sudfeld against Saints. First half, he looked good but he disappeared in 2nd half. Throwing to Sudfeld to keep several drives alive in 4th would be nice.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Lots of playoff talk right now. Premature, but the schedule does set up fairly well. Don't think anyone saw this coming before the season - frankly it's awesome to still be competing at this point. Probably a little less than 50/50 at this point with so many weeks to go, but if playoffs do happen it'd almost certainly save Ryan's job.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt think playoffs before the year because I assumed other teams would be better, like the dolphins for one. I always felt that the Jets could pull off 9-7 with some luck. **** Espn analysts...they don't pay attention to facts, they just create storylines.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jets being altered W-L weekly is about to end this week or next week.

Bills look like they give up and focus on developmental bs. Can't lose this game to them.

If Jets embarrassingly lose to Bills then Jets could have a chance of back to back losses (Ravens).

Ed Reed a Jet? I don't mind as long as he doesn't limit Antonio Allen's playing time.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

This is a big game for the Jets, one they probably need if they want to make any kind of a run this season. Not that it was expected, but I think the coaching staff is good right now and I'd kind of like to see it stick - best way to ensure that is by winning. Would be very positive to see continued development from Geno the rest of the season.

Reed signing is very low risk, hopefully it pays off. I like the gamble though. Should be a solid locker room presence as well.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reed signing is very low risk, hopefully it pays off. I like the gamble though. Should be a solid locker room presence as well.
I hope it's low risk. I have yet to see contract details.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I hope it's low risk. I have yet to see contract details.
His base salary with Texans for 2013 is 1m so Jets are about to pay him less than 500k for the rest of this season. Give or Take.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Right, without seeing the contract details I'd be surprised if they paid him more than they would have had to if they picked him up off of waivers - and that cost wasn't overly high.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I commend you on bringing in Ed Reed.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Love the signing. Obviously not the player he once was, but he's a proven leader, great locker room guy, and he should help all of our young safety's (Allen, Jarrett, and Bush).

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Love the signing. Obviously not the player he once was, but he's a proven leader, great locker room guy, and he should help all of our young safety's (Allen, Jarrett, and Bush).

It wouldn't be the first time an all-time great came to the Jets and contributed despite not being the player he once was.

Not saying it'll happen, but if it did, it wouldn't be the first time.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Thumbs up

11/14/2013: Signed a one-year, $940,000 contract.

And that's Ed Reed's deal.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

That'll work. I think Reed's potentially a nice piece for a variety of reasons. Hopefully he can make an impact and really add something to the team down the stretch run.

If the Reed addition helps tighten things up in the secondary - either with him playing or just helping teach the young guys how to do things in this scheme - that'll help a lot. And if he does have something left in the tank, this team certainly has the defensive front and coaching staff to put him in a position to make plays.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
11/14/2013: Signed a one-year, $940,000 contract.

And that's Ed Reed's deal.
No.

940k is the wage minimum for 10 plus veteran. Jets will only pay less than 400k to Ed Reed.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
No.

940k is the wage minimum for 10 plus veteran. Jets will only pay less than 400k to Ed Reed.
To me, the important part isn't the $940,000 or $400,000, but rather the one year part. If Reed really doesn't have anything left in the tank, the Jets aren't left with any dead money next year.